Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Are You a Statistic?

MaryJane

Census Day was May 10, 2016. If you had missed the "deadline", don't worry, there's still time. Stats Canada will send out reminders in the following weeks to remind you to complete your census if you have not done so already.

Mandatory for all Canadian residents, what I did not know was that there was a $500 fine or imprisonment of 3 months if one did not participate. So if you have not filled out your form........

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mandatory-census-mail-out-1.3557511

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/still-time-to-fill-out-2016-census-1.3575905

• Like 1

GrantM

Anyone know what prison is like in Canada? I could use a break :)

• Like 2

MaryJane

I'll try and visit Kingston Penitentiary and let you know.... :P

• Like 2

MissFrowz

Funny thing is I was talking to my husband about this yesterday. I was telling him that I filled out the census survey for the very first time while he was away and I was surprised that on the letter it says that one must complete the census as it is the law. I found that rather interesting and we were pondering about the penalty for not completing it! Well, thanks for putting us in the know @MaryJane!

GrantM

We got hit with the provincial census and the federal census within 2 weeks of each other.

M-N
7 hours ago, GrantM said:

We got hit with the provincial census and the federal census within 2 weeks of each other.

Same here.  Oh and we were one of the "lucky" ones that got the long census form for the federal census.  Poor hubby had to sit and fill out 60 questions.  Very detailed.   

• Like 1

jones
12 hours ago, GrantM said:

1st world problems ;)

• Like 4

corwes

No, not first world problems , some very real Canadian problems.

The national census came in both a short version and a long version. People at random either got the long or short version. Plenty of Canadians complained because they only got the short version . They reckon that if the world was a high school , Canada would have been stuffed in a locker, a long time ago.  

For those of you who do not live here yet, you do not know how wonderful it is, living in a country that has no real issues .

Nelline

Yup, got the long version too. Not too bad, took about 30 minuts to complete. And in between, we'd moved house, gone on holiday and I was on my way to a "tour of duty" for work away from home... so we submitted late, but hey, I just cheched the front yard and the RCMP is not out there, flashing lights to arrest us so maybe we'll be ok... 

• Like 1