Sign in to follow this  
Doodle

Fort St. John

Doodle

Just arrived in this VERY small town 2 weeks ago from the Lower Mainland and VERY unhappy :(

Lots of South African doctors BUT I cannot even see one!!!

Nelline
1 hour ago, Doodle said:

Just arrived in this VERY small town 2 weeks ago from the Lower Mainland and VERY unhappy :(

Lots of South African doctors BUT I cannot even see one!!!

Concentrate on finding a good dr. no matter what the nationality. You can always change later on once you're settled if you find the perfect one. Good luck!

Wolverine

Did you move up there for the SA Drs?? Then i guess you could have moved anywhere else in Canada as there are so many SA Drs here.:D:P

Edited by Wolverine
  • Like 1

Lizelle

Ha! Welcome to rural Canada :)  It took us at least a year to find a semi-decent doctor (one that I trust to clean my son's ears, not one that I will go see for something serious :) ).  The healthcare system does not work that well in the rural bits :)  

• Like 1

Cathy K

I realise that Fort St John can take some adjustment. Winter tends to stay around a bit longer. Spring is not so great either and summer can be somewhat short.

Our daughter was the only doctor in Hudson's Hope, one of the neighbouring towns. She found the residents warm and welcoming, and community life very gratifying.

I know there are quite a few South Africans in Fort St John. Some have been there for quite a few years. The town seems to grow on one.

Give it a little time. Try to join a church or a community group.

Check this website.   http://www.successbc.ca/eng/company/locations/fort-st-john

And this one.   http://www.fortstjohn.ca/

• Like 1