Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Express Entry Year End Report 2015

GrantM

What the heck does "invitated" mean?

• Like 2

Lizelle

Received an ITA - Invited to Apply, I would assume ( :) I did not actually see the typo in either the report or your question - that's what I get for glancing rather than reading :) )

Edited by Lizelle

Lizelle

Wow, 78% living in Canada already.  

M-N
3 hours ago, GrantM said:

What the heck does "invitated" mean?

Typo? 

M-N
2 hours ago, Lizelle said:

Wow, 78% living in Canada already.  

Yeah, most would be people on work permits possibly with an LMIA. 

jones

When looking at some of those figures, specifically the Country of Citizenship, I get some hope to be one of those individuals ... one day.

Karen 1225

Ok I am a bit confused.   Am i understanding it correct, they basically only invited 33000 people through EE last year?  From the looks of the points as of 3rd of January it should not be that far fetched to hope for an invite if you have 420 points and above.  Would have loved it if they could just send out one of those reports stating the points once a month.  But then again within 2 weeks when the point jumped 20 points ALOT of people registered in that 2 weeks.  

Why cant they just invite 5000 people all at once and put us all out of our missery!!!!!!

MaryJane

33,000 invitees is actually higher than prior years. In pre-EE days, the magical target was around 25,000 (remember the caps?).

They did mention in the mid-year report that at least 1,500 new people go into the pool each week so there will always be "jostling" for position.

Based on the figures, it reiterates that 450 points upwards is the range to be for hopeful applicants with no job offer or provincial nomination.

I suppose the biweekly draw helps them control the number of applications they have to work with at any given time. There is still a backlog from pre-EE days and those applicants need to get their turn as well.

For interest's sake, there were 961 South Africans applying for PR in 2015.

• Like 1

Druce

Interesting read, thanks @MaryJane

Andre1

So what stunned me was that less than 135 people currently residing in SA received an ITA in 2015. Is that correct? That seems really low...

reshie108

@Andre1 while that does seem really low, we should be so so greatful that we are amongst thousands of people out there that did receive and ITA... :)

• Like 1

Andre1

@reshie108I totally agree and am truly thankful!! 

Now just hoping everything goes well with the application process and we get a green light from CIC soon!! This waiting is killing me!!

• Like 2