Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

MaryJane
5 hours ago, Joo$y said:

I have a question guys... I want to book my plane ticket and I want to boook Al italia,  however there is a stopover in Rome where i will be in Transit.. people r teling me that I need to get a Transit visa even though im not leaving the airport. Can somebody give me any info about it? Its so blady iritating we gota get so many visas just to go from sa to Canada!!

As far as I know, you do not need a transit visa in Schengen areas if you (a) are not leaving the transit area, (b) have a connecting flight through to USA/Canada, and (c) you have a valid residence permit from USA/Canada.

If you want concrete info, you might want to check with the Italian Consulate General in Johannesburg

• Like 2

Joo$y

Thanks alot MJ!!!!

Much appreciated ?

Edited by Joo$y
No reason

reshie108

hi there Oct & Nov AOR's

any movement for you guys ? especially the Ontario PNP guys

@NostalgiaNut

@PaulD

@D&K

@Raquel ( apart from BG in Progress?)

the wait is getting to me now, we approaching the 6 month mark this month.....

Druce

Hi @reshie108, did not see any movement the last couple of weeks. God knows whats taking so long...

You guys should get positive news this month, most EE applicants get news +- 6 months.

I have set my sight on December 2016, this will be 15 months (waiting period for paper based) from submission for me. If I get it before this date I will be delighted. The waiting is a thorn in the side, no matter how positive you try to be and enjoy life whilst still in SA.

Anyway, try to make the best of it, time lost waiting will never be gained again...

D&K

Hi @reshie108

Nothing yet, today is 8 months for us:-( Really not sure what is happening and what can be done. We have sent both a CSE and an email and have not received any response as yet. The waiting game has it's moments... It's just a matter of time but not knowing when this will be is torture!

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut

@reshie108 Absolutely nothing! MyCIC is exactly how it has been for the past 7 months. No ghost email. No email reply to the multiple CSEs I sent. Even my second set of GCMS notes came back as an identical duplicate copy of the first one. Honestly... I really don't know what the heck they are doing. It feels like the file is simply rotting in their system and they have not even started working on it. We are going to the embassy tomorrow to try to get some answers. Anybody else going?

Edited by NostalgiaNut
  • Like 1

reshie108

@D&K 8 months is a long time and you are being so patient, I really hope you hear something soon.

@NostalgiaNut let us know how it goes at the PTA VO, I really hope that before end June all our PR's are approved..

the waiting is hard, and its also difficult to start selling off stuff and preparing if you don't know for sure whats happening..

Hang in there guys, you too @Druce...who knows, PTA VO may surprise us and approve your PPR ahead of the rest B)... who knows

what method they use for review and approval...

PR is aPPRoved!!.......   PR is aPPRoved!!......    PR is aPPRoved......:magic:.....my affirmation for us all :)

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut

@reshie108 Went there this morning, waited in the queue to get in only to learn that they have not even touched the file yet. They said they will contact us in 2 months if they need anything.

PaulD

Nothing on my side but the soft sound of rustling  leaves...

There is little we can do but wait for the wheels to grind...that is unless someone has Justin Trudeau's private cell phone number.  Anyone?

I have tried bribing them with Umgqusho and  koeksisters but eish, angazi! No luck.

• Like 1

reshie108

@PaulD I guess all we can do is wait....and enjoy koeksisters while we have easy access to them :)

@NostalgiaNut...I guess you've waited so long, its just another 2 months more, or 8 weeks, or 56 days...hang in there folks...PPR will come soon...

in the mean time start preparing cos, we wont have much time before the 1 year of our medicals expiry date comes up....and we have to be gone!!!

have a superb evening guys......:ilikeit:

MaryJane
9 hours ago, reshie108 said:

PR is aPPRoved!!.......   PR is aPPRoved!!......    PR is aPPRoved......:magic:.....my affirmation for us all :)

Reminds me of Oprah..... I wonder if she gives out PPRs ;)

"You get a PR, you get a PR, you get a PR.....Everybody's getting a PR!" :P

• Like 3

D&K

Hi @reshie108

It is just too long! Unfortunately we don't have a choice since it's out of our control and just have to wait:-( We've had our days...

Called CIC twice, both times we were told our application is with Pretoria since 26th October. CSE's and emails sent with no response yet.

Thanks, praying we all hear good news soon, especially the Ontario PNP applicants!

• Like 1

reshie108

Hang in there @D&K im sure our wait is almost over..any day now we will hear from them 

Raquel

Hi All

I am happy to report that we received PPR on Monday and dropped off our passports today! ???? super excited!!!

To those waiting, hang in there! 

• Like 20

CilliersC

Extremely happy for you, Racquel!! Congratulations, you two!! ^_^ So, so glad it finally came through after such a long wait!

Good luck for your final steps!

• Like 1

Andre1

Wow @Raquel Great news!!!! You have your ticket!!

• Like 1

jenkies01

@Raquel congrats!!!so happy for you.

• Like 1

Jester
21 minutes ago, Raquel said:

Hi All

I am happy to report that we received PPR on Monday and dropped off our passports today! ???? super excited!!!

@Raquel Congratulations!! Brilliant news!

• Like 1

Hennie vdB

Tut-tut, this modern instant-gratification generation - complaining about waiting 7 or 8 months! You guys are spoilt rotten! I am still receiving regular counseling for my Post-PR-Waiting-Induced-Stress after my 5 YEAR wait. And then after that I only barely survived the cleansing when CIC scrapped all the backlog-applications older than 4 years, phew!   8 months, ghu! Kla met die witbrood onder die arm, se^ ekke.

• Like 3

reshie108

raq2.jpg

@Raquel....see I told you so.........

Congrats, really happy for you guys, yours has been a long journey.

it must be so exciting to share your PPR news with everyone...

enjoy your last few weeks in SA..

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Raquel said:

Hi All

Congratulations @Raquel. Fantastic news, all the best for a soft landing in Canada!

tarinerk

Hi @Raquel

Congrats! So happy for you! Good luck with sorting everything. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Raquel

Thank you all... ❤️ @Hennie vd Berg I have much resp ct for all those who waited so many years! You guys a real troopers... It has been a long 1 year and 20 months. Glad to be moving into the next chapter!

• Like 2

Qrios1

Congratulations @Raquel . I think everyone was rooting for you on this forum. This is just unbelievably awesome news. Next stop Ontario whoop whoop 

• Like 1

Druce

Congratulations @Raquel, sooooo jealous right now :P

• Like 1