Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

Andre1

@RaquelJippee!!!! You have really got the whole Forum rooting for you!!

• Like 4

Raquel

@Andre1 bwahaha, you guys really make my day! :P

• Like 5

MaryJane

I can only think that they did it on your birthday.... :D Probably felt guilty and have now come up with a gift to make up for making you wait so long.

• Like 3

tarinerk

@Raquel

Jippee! So happy for you!

CilliersC

This is excellent news, @Raquel!! :hug:

Joo$y

Finally some Gooood News!!!! Im really glad for u @Raquel. . Uv waited Longgg n u deserve all d good that cums ur way from here on out..

Druce

Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP @Raquel!!!

CHC PTA has finally woken up and things will start moving now. I am so glad for you my friend.

Any day now, any day...

Joo$y

Will anybody be able to tell me about how long VFS in Pretoria take to stamp passports with one time entry visas once PPR has been received??

I sent my passport via courier about 2 weeks ago after receiving my PPR, I emailed VFS today to ask how long does the process take, their reply was there is no standard time and that they will notify me once the process is complete.

Now I was about to go and book my flight because I plan on leaving SA in about a month's time, but now I'm unsure if I should go ahead and book because what if VFS takes longer than a month to process my passport.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

CilliersC

Passport was handed in the 2nd of February and was ready the 10th of February....  :ph34r:

Andre1

I handed in our passports to VFS Pretoria on 6 May 2016 and then phoned on Friday last week also to hear that there is no set time and that it could take a couple more days or weeks...:rolleyes:

I've booked our flights for September. Hope it doesn't take that long!!

jenkies01

Our passports took exactly 8 days with vfs.they are just the office handling the admin they send the pp to the embassy on behalf of all of us.we also received tracking sms's once we handed in everything at vfs in pta.good luck everybody a little more patience and you'll be all ready to fly.we flew 15may and we are only starting to feel human again after the jetlag.

MaryJane

Don't worry too much guys... It's a Canadian holiday today so not much work would've been done.

NostalgiaNut
5 hours ago, Raquel said:

Hi All

I am happy to report that our background check has moved into progress! :ilikeit: I'm not sure when, just logged in and saw it had changed! Any day now we hope! 

@Raquel Wow! I almost want to congratulate you! This is huge. For a VO as inactive as Pretoria, this is huge! :lol:

• Like 1

Helanie

Fantastic!! So happy Raquel! There's movement!!! Finally :ilikeit:

• Like 1

On 23/05/2016 at 6:50 AM, Raquel said:

Hi All

I am happy to report that our background check has moved into progress! :ilikeit: I'm not sure when, just logged in and saw it had changed! Any day now we hope! 

That's great news for you Folk @Raquel . It's a good sign when things keep moving along, your time will soon arrive! :) 

D&K

Hi @Raquel

That's great news! Just letting you know that you're not alone. Our AOR is 6th October so we are approaching the 8th month mark:-( Our consultant Deanne said so far all Ontario PNP applicants have crossed 6 months so it's the norm at the moment and all we can do is follow up and wait.

Praying we all hear good news soon! Hang in there, our time is near:-) 

Raquel

@D&K hang in there! 

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut
11 hours ago, D&K said:

Hi @Raquel

That's great news! Just letting you know that you're not alone. Our AOR is 6th October so we are approaching the 8th month mark:-( Our consultant Deanne said so far all Ontario PNP applicants have crossed 6 months so it's the norm at the moment and all we can do is follow up and wait.

Praying we all hear good news soon! Hang in there, our time is near:-) 

@D&K I wonder what is the hold up with Ontario applicants specifically. Would it have anything to do with the fact that they have stopped accepting fresh applications? But I thought we were way beyond all that in the process.

Right now, the only faint ray of hope is Raquel's background check which has gone in progress recently. I think I am about 8 days behind her (AOR date). That said, they don't seem to working in any kind of sequence or chronology.

NostalgiaNut

@jenkies01 @CobusJ @Joo$y

Hey guys, I just want to find out something from the 3 of you. When you received the PPR email, did it come straight from Ottawa or from the local VO at Pretoria? I'm trying to understand if Pretoria issues the final email or do they do some processing or checks and pass it back to Ottawa for the final email?

jenkies01

Hi there,if i remember correctly ours was done at the centralised intake office in nova scotia, our consultant received and then fwd all communication to us.however it looks like the last email came from pta.i also see many talk about status changes,from the beginning ours just showed in progress untill decision made.everything happened relatively quick up until our medicals,we waited just over 5 months after medicals for them to send us the mail to pay our fees and to send our ppr.then again it happened all very quick and hassle free.from the day that we submitted our pp to vfs in pta it took exactly 8 days to issue our visas.good luck to all waiting i really hope and pray for a speedy processing for you guys.

• Like 1

Andre1

Hi guys. We received our passports and CoPR letters today. It is exactly 3 weeks today to when we dropped our passports off at VFS.

Now our tour group can start packing...

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut
1 minute ago, Andre1 said:

Hi guys. We received our passports and CoPR letters today. It is exactly 3 weeks today to when we dropped our passports off at VFS.

Now our tour group can start packing...

@Andre1 Hi Andre. Congrats! Could you tell me who sent you that final ready for visa email? Was it Pretoria or Ottawa? I'm trying to understand if they finalize our applications here or in Ottawa.

Andre1

@NostalgiaNut It was sent "From: "CPCO-FinalRequest / CTDO-DemandeFinale (CIC)" <IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>"

But remember, we didn't have PNP.

• Like 1

Joo$y

Hi

I also received 1 email saying my passport is processed n dispatched to VAC or something like that plus my status changed on my profile n says application approved file closed.

I have a question guys... I want to book my plane ticket and I want to boook Al italia,  however there is a stopover in Rome where i will be in Transit.. people r teling me that I need to get a Transit visa even though im not leaving the airport. Can somebody give me any info about it? Its so blady iritating we gota get so many visas just to go from sa to Canada!!

NostalgiaNut
2 hours ago, Joo$y said:

Hi

I also received 1 email saying my passport is processed n dispatched to VAC or something like that plus my status changed on my profile n says application approved file closed.

I was asking where you got the email from. Ottawa or Pretoria? Was the email address something like cic.gc.ca or more along the lines of international.gc.ca?