Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

tarinerk

Hi @NostalgiaNut

It's frustrating to wait, good luck with it!  Out of interests sake, are applying through a provincial nominee program or just plain PR through Express entry?

Hennie vdB

Just be patient - the CIC machine is slow, but it is reasonably fair and it does keep inching forward, like a sloth. 

• Like 2

NostalgiaNut
1 hour ago, tarinerk said:

Hi @NostalgiaNut

It's frustrating to wait, good luck with it!  Out of interests sake, are applying through a provincial nominee program or just plain PR through Express entry?

Hi. I applied thru PNP. Got Ontario nomination. But this final application to CIC is taking longer than the 6 months that they promise most people.

18 minutes ago, Hennie vd Berg said:

Just be patient - the CIC machine is slow, but it is reasonably fair and it does keep inching forward, like a sloth. 

:lol:!!

tarinerk

Thanks @NostalgiaNut

I'm not sure but it seems that applicants who applied for PR with Express Entry with provincial nomination take longer than 6 months to be approved. Just an observation.

Good luck ? 

reshie108

Hi @NostalgiaNut and welcome to this awsome forum.

Its interesting that you say that you are an Ontario PNP applicant and still waiting for your application to progress. There are 3 other people I know of with Ontario PNP whos applications is at PTA VO that is waiting for a response, other normal FSW applicants with the same AOR as the PNP canditates have been processed and approved already.

Im also an Ontario PNP applicant but my AOR is Dec. So I have a little longer before I reach the 6 month mark....I do hope that my application is processed and approved before I reach the 6 months. My application was transferred to PTA VO in feb, and since then nothing was done on my file either...well at least we know we not alone...

Good luck...hope we all get our PPR soon. 

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut
35 minutes ago, tarinerk said:

Thanks @NostalgiaNut

I'm not sure but it seems that applicants who applied for PR with Express Entry with provincial nomination take longer than 6 months to be approved. Just an observation.

Good luck ? 

Good luck to you as well. :)

32 minutes ago, reshie108 said:

Hi @NostalgiaNut and welcome to this awsome forum.

Its interesting that you say that you are an Ontario PNP applicant and still waiting for your application to progress. There are 3 other people I know of with Ontario PNP whos applications is at PTA VO that is waiting for a response, other normal FSW applicants with the same AOR as the PNP canditates have been processed and approved already.

Im also an Ontario PNP applicant but my AOR is Dec. So I have a little longer before I reach the 6 month mark....I do hope that my application is processed and approved before I reach the 6 months. My application was transferred to PTA VO in feb, and since then nothing was done on my file either...well at least we know we not alone...

Good luck...hope we all get our PPR soon. 

Oh is it? That is worrying to hear. Wonder why they take longer for PNP applicants! See... in the old paper-based system, they used to take longer for PNP I think. Is it the same in Express Entry? Why do they call it 'Express' Entry then? :lol: ... Also, any idea how long on average it is actually taking for Ontario PNP people to be processed at Pretoria? Anybody posting here with Ontario nomination who has already got PPR?

Good luck to you as well, @reshie108

PaulD
17 hours ago, NostalgiaNut said:

Good luck to you as well. :)

Oh is it? That is worrying to hear. Wonder why they take longer for PNP applicants! See... in the old paper-based system, they used to take longer for PNP I think. Is it the same in Express Entry? Why do they call it 'Express' Entry then? :lol: ... Also, any idea how long on average it is actually taking for Ontario PNP people to be processed at Pretoria? Anybody posting here with Ontario nomination who has already got PPR?

Good luck to you as well, @reshie108

Summary of some stats for 2015 here

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/04/longawaited-express-entry-report-important-details-occupations-candidates-selected-immigration-canada-047587.html

...a bit heartbreaking as it seems average for PNP was actually 3.8 months.  I am on Saskatchewan PNP.  The thing is they say they aim for 6 months for majority of cases, they meet this target if 80% of apps are finalized in 6 months.  What happens with the 20%, who knows?! 7 months, 8 months?

And if you are the unlucky 1 in 5 that is just the way the cookie crumbles it seems.

Interesting bit that Canada needs so many cooks and food service workers.  Either a tough job that nobody wants, or Canadians like to eat!

NostalgiaNut
3 hours ago, PaulD said:

Summary of some stats for 2015 here

http://www.cicnews.com/2016/04/longawaited-express-entry-report-important-details-occupations-candidates-selected-immigration-canada-047587.html

...a bit heartbreaking as it seems average for PNP was actually 3.8 months.  I am on Saskatchewan PNP.  The thing is they say they aim for 6 months for majority of cases, they meet this target if 80% of apps are finalized in 6 months.  What happens with the 20%, who knows?! 7 months, 8 months?

And if you are the unlucky 1 in 5 that is just the way the cookie crumbles it seems.

Interesting bit that Canada needs so many cooks and food service workers.  Either a tough job that nobody wants, or Canadians like to eat!

I have seen those stats. But we've got something totally different here... this is not CIC's or Ottawa's fault. This is clearly Pretoria's prerogative to get on with it! They are delaying everyone's applications and not even answering CSEs on time. Even background check and security checks take an average of 3 weeks to 3 months, not longer. Many of us are already at 6+ months! And Pretoria is not even overloaded like Accra, Abu Dhabi or New Delhi. So I honestly don't know what they're doing with our applications.

• Like 2

Druce

I feel you @NostalgiaNut!

Maybe we should organize a mass (read 20 people) protest to CHC PTA and push them to be more productive. Hey, when in Rome....:P

• Like 2

NostalgiaNut
2 minutes ago, Druce said:

I feel you @NostalgiaNut!

Maybe we should organize a mass (read 20 people) protest to CHC PTA and push them to be more productive. Hey, when in Rome....:P

lol. 20 people mob! :lol:

• Like 1

D&K

Good morning Everyone,

We've been browsing on SA Canada forum for a while and finally decided to join the forum and the account took quite a while to get validated. 

Thanks for trying to assist MaryJane!

Here's our story...

In 2015 we entered the express entry pool and were just waiting for the points to come to 431 but it never did so when Ontario opened up the PNP we jumped at the opportunity and submitted an application mid June and 3 months later we received a nominationJ And a few days later and ITA

We submitted our application on 6th October and are still waiting… 7.5 months today. We gave CIC a call the day we reached the 7th month and I was told my application has been with Pretoria since 26th October! We did receive a few requests for documentation with the last request on the 23rd Feb being PCC’s. This didn’t really make any sense cos our PCC’s were still valid and they also asked for originals. Our consultant Deanne advised that this does happen and usually if you upload them it will be fine but she did send an enquiry when she uploaded asking if the originals were required and where we should send them to. They never requested for the originals but we did get updated PCC’s and sent them through.

So now we are not sure what’s causing the delay but reading this forum there seems to be a delay for PNP applicants which is quite disappointing as I assumed it would be quicker. Is it worth paying CHC a visit? We’re based in Durban so we would have to make a special trip.

The waiting is really frustrating but the only thing we can do is pray and remain positive during this wait. Good things come to those who wait! It will come, it’s just a matter of time!

• Like 1

reshie108

Hello @D&K.

yes there seems to be a trend I picked up with the Pretoria VO and PNP applications, its seems that they are taking longer to process those, no idea why

those with PNP and mostly Ontario PNP that have gone over the 6 month are:

@Raquel,   @Nostalic Nut, @PaulD, someone from the Canada visa forum called "musiekwala", yourself, I also have Ontario PNP, but im on 5 months.

ITs quite frustrating, considering people from other VO's that have applied in Jan and Feb 2016 already have their PR approved, and also People with the same AOR as you guys but on the FSW category also have PR already...

I don't think it would be useful for you the go to the CHC in PTA, @Raquel has been there twice already and she didn't get any valuable feedback, apart from knowing that her application is in PTA, and waiting a officer review.

I guess we all just need to be patient, be positive and wait for our turn to receive the Golden PPR email.

Good Luck @D&K... raq2.jpg

• Like 2

PaulD

G'day All... those with PRs and those in PuRgatory

Just thought I would throw some unsolicited advice for those still waiting.  Here is my thinking-

If I get rejected I need to get going quickly with plan B,

If I get accepted I need to get going across an entire ocean!

Either way I need to be in a good mental space to keep moving forward.  So yes I know the wait sucks but I have decided not to let it make me go completely insane!!

My prescription: eat well, sleep well, exercise, feed those healthy relationships and if so inclined, meditate(great app on iOS: Headspace)

Leaving home ain't for the weak, and you are very strong! So stay strong.

Have a great weekend!

• Like 3

NostalgiaNut

@reshie108 Musikwala over at the Canada Visa forum is me. :D

CilliersC

Hang in there, peeps - the finish line is in sight! Glad everyone is in high spirits; have an awesome weekend! :cowboy:

NostalgiaNut
18 hours ago, CilliersC said:

Hang in there, peeps - the finish line is in sight! Glad everyone is in high spirits; have an awesome weekend! :cowboy:

Hi there! According to your signature, you are a September AOR applicant who got PPR in January already?? Were you processed by Pretoria?

CilliersC

Hey there B) - Similar question popped up before, will attach the thread for the sake of re-use

NostalgiaNut
1 hour ago, CilliersC said:

Hey there B) - Similar question popped up before, will attach the thread for the sake of re-use

Sorry I don't understand. I wasn't asking in general. I was asking if you have received your PPR already? :)

CilliersC

You asked if our application was processed in Pretoria in the last part of your post. Hence I quoted the thread above.

Yes, we received PPR on the 29th of January.

NostalgiaNut
8 hours ago, CilliersC said:

You asked if our application was processed in Pretoria in the last part of your post. Hence I quoted the thread above.

Yes, we received PPR on the 29th of January.

Congrats! I was just trying to understand how Pretoria finalized your application after only 4 months, whereas many of us are waiting over 6 months now. Is it the same office processing apps right now?? :lol: Also, were you a PNP applicant? Did you get provincial nomination?

jones
2 hours ago, NostalgiaNut said:

Congrats! I was just trying to understand how Pretoria finalized your application after only 4 months, whereas many of us are waiting over 6 months now. Is it the same office processing apps right now?? :lol: Also, were you a PNP applicant? Did you get provincial nomination?

You are clearly not understanding @CilliersC. IRCC has started with processing known as load balancing by which applications are transferred to VO's with lower loads by the Central intake office, i.e. even if you are from RSA your application can be processed in Accra / London / Ottawa / Wherever. When the application completes it's processing, your file is transferred to the Local VO where it's finalised (COPR, passport stamp etc. ). These other VO's process faster than Pretoria which is the reason why CilliersC's application was processed in four months.  

It's basically luck of the draw. 

NostalgiaNut
21 minutes ago, jones said:

You are clearly not understanding @CilliersC. IRCC has started with processing known as load balancing by which applications are transferred to VO's with lower loads by the Central intake office, i.e. even if you are from RSA your application can be processed in Accra / London / Ottawa / Wherever. When the application completes it's processing, your file is transferred to the Local VO where it's finalised (COPR, passport stamp etc. ). These other VO's process faster than Pretoria which is the reason why CilliersC's application was processed in four months.  

It's basically luck of the draw. 

Okay, got it. Thanks.

CilliersC
3 hours ago, NostalgiaNut said:

Also, were you a PNP applicant? Did you get provincial nomination?

Thanks, @NostalgiaNut - just wrapping up the final things here in SA. ^_^

We weren't part of any PNP - just a vanilla draw early in July; All the best, sure your application is on it's final stages!

• Like 2

Raquel

Hi All

I am happy to report that our background check has moved into progress! :ilikeit: I'm not sure when, just logged in and saw it had changed! Any day now we hope! 

• Like 10

davidhowell
1 minute ago, Raquel said:

Hi All

I am happy to report that our background check has moved into progress! :ilikeit: I'm not sure when, just logged in and saw it had changed! Any day now we hope! 

@Raquel That's great! Shouldn't be long now at all before you receive the good news ! :D All the best and try remain calm :P 

• Like 2