Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

Raquel

@Joo$y I believe your mom will have to apply for a visitors visa separately as a new application. The accompanying bit in the email is referring to anyone who is accompanying you that was included as part of the same application I think...

Edited by Raquel
  • Like 2

Joo$y

I tink soo too Raquel. Thanks for d reply.

Thanks Druce n Paul n everybody else.

I guess posting UCI is risky but i edited it now, guess its a bit too late. Maybe MaryJane can remove any posts with my UCI.

Gooood luck everybody.

Joo$y

@gripen Did you also get a 1line for Annex A which neeed to b completed for Family name n first name? Is there anythng else dat i need to complete for Annex A  ?

Joo$y

@Paul ... plzzz cud u be so kind as to edit ur msg wd my UCI number so its not posted newhr. Thanksss alot

PaulD
5 minutes ago, Joo$y said:

@Paul ... plzzz cud u be so kind as to edit ur msg wd my UCI number so its not posted newhr. Thanksss alot

Ha! Yes quoting not the smartest, details should be gone now

Andre1

Hi guys. We also got PPR today!!!

So it seems that they work in batches. 

We are sooooooo happyyy!!!!

Congratulations to all others who received and good luck to those still waiting.

• Like 6

tarinerk

Congrats @Joo$y

Your mother will definitely have to apply for a visitor's visa.

Good luck to all who received PPR! All the planning and sorting of your stuff. Enjoy it. Hopefully they start working on all the EE applications now.

@PaulD

@Raquel

@Joo$y

@gripen

@Andre1

Edited by tarinerk

Joo$y

Thanks alot @PaulD

Just a qik question guys.. Once we arrive at Canada n apply for our PR card.. How long is that PR card valid for? Like do we need to renew evry 5yrs n also r there any restrictions like any period of time which u cant leave the country or netng of dat sort? 

Plz advise if ne1 noz.

Thanks 

GrantM
44 minutes ago, Joo$y said:

Thanks alot @PaulD

Just a qik question guys.. Once we arrive at Canada n apply for our PR card.. How long is that PR card valid for? Like do we need to renew evry 5yrs n also r there any restrictions like any period of time which u cant leave the country or netng of dat sort? 

Plz advise if ne1 noz.

Thanks 

Hi der, ye da PR card is only valid 4 5 yrs den it expires. U den renew it 4 $50 n send dem nu pics 4 da cardz. Wen u hav da card u can leave da country n enter on dat card as long as its valid. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-replace-pr-card.asp

If da card expires while u r out of da country or u lose it while out da country den u may hav 2 apply 4 a "travel document". http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

• Like 3

GrantM

Seems Like CIC was busy today! Congrats to those that got PPR!

And to the others still waiting... Well, it sucks but at least we can see there is movement so stay strong and get ready for PPR!

Edited by GrantM

JeffH
16 minutes ago, GrantM said:

Hi der, ye da PR card is only valid 4 5 yrs den it expires. U den renew it 4 $50 n send dem nu pics 4 da cardz. Wen u hav da card u can leave da country n enter on dat card as long as its valid. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-replace-pr-card.asp

If da card expires while u r out of da country or u lose it while out da country den u may hav 2 apply 4 a "travel document". http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

@GrantM Brilliant. I can't stop laughing - I think this post just made my day :lol:

@Joo$y Yip, my email and yours are probably identical with the first line in the table in Annex A having your personal details (name etc). 

Joo$y

Ok thanks gripen.

So just to clarify.. theres no other info in Annex A dat we gota need to complete?

I started the bbm/whatsapp short form typing lol

JeffH

That's fine, with all the time you save by not typing the full words you can read up on what we do next :lol:

Looks to me like all we need to fill in is the height and eye colour for each applicant. The rest is just a bunch of instructions. I hear from some friends it's actually really simple... visa in passport 1-2 weeks, land in Canada, fill in some forms and you have PR (then order the card). 

MaryJane
56 minutes ago, GrantM said:

Hey, @GrantM, u 4got 2 tell dem dat dey nid 2 b in da country 4 2 yrs out of 5 2 meet pr residency requirements. :D

http://settlement.org/ontario/immigration-citizenship/permanent-residence/permanent-resident-pr-status/what-are-the-residency-requirements-for-permanent-residents-prs/

• Like 4

GrantM
36 minutes ago, gripen said:

That's fine, with all the time you save by not typing the full words you can read up on what we do next :lol:

Looks to me like all we need to fill in is the height and eye colour for each applicant. The rest is just a bunch of instructions. I hear from some friends it's actually really simple... visa in passport 1-2 weeks, land in Canada, fill in some forms and you have PR (then order the card). 

For us we didn't have to order the PR cards, they were automatically ordered when we landed and the COPRs were signed and submitted.

Druce

Congratulations @Andre1, it am so happy for you and your family!

All of the best for the new journey ahead:D

• Like 1

Joo$y

Congrats at Andre1 - Good news!!!!

I have 2 questions..

Once I arrive in Canada, where about do u apply for the PR card or is it ordered automatically for u? And also about how long does it take because I neeed to cum back to sa in Oct to gt maried n i dnt wna be stuck without been able to go back.

Q2 - if i den start the process of applyng for a spousal visa for my wife, when she receives her PR card, will she have to stay from that date for 2 years out of 5 to renew  her pr visa?or will it fall under mine if i stayed 1 year before her?

Also, what happens if we get a divorce. Can she still use her own pr visa?

Thanks.

Edited by Joo$y
wrdng

Raquel

Congrats @Andre1! Very happy for you guys... Good luck with all the prep ;)

MaryJane
4 hours ago, Joo$y said:

I have 2 questions..

Q1 - you do not order the PR cards. You will have received a document called IMM5292 with your visa, they will use this paper when you land to send it off to get your PR card. You will need to provide an address so that they can send the card to you at that address. It has to be a Canadian address.

PR cards I think are about 6 weeks to get issued.

Q2 - each person will have to fulfill their own PR residency requirements.

JeffH

There's a business opportunity here for someone in Canada to receive PR cards and courier them to SA... kind of like Postbox Courier. I don't have a Canadian address - will hopefully try a friend of a friend and ask them to courier it to SA (as you need it to enter the country the next time you land...). I'm not planning to go and stay for now - so need to come back. 

Druce

Why are you planning to come back, why not finish your business here and go over for good?

• Like 2

PaulD

image.jpeg

Another week of silence...you would think waiting would be the easy part?! Celebrate well those that have reached the end. More power to the rest

• Like 2

Raquel

Hang in there @PaulD and @Druce and others! We can do it! 

• Like 1

MissFrowz
8 hours ago, Joo$y said:

I have 2 questions..

Once I arrive in Canada, where about do u apply for the PR card or is it ordered automatically for u? And also about how long does it take because I neeed to cum back to sa in Oct to gt maried n i dnt wna be stuck without been able to go back.

Q2 - if i den start the process of applyng for a spousal visa for my wife, when she receives her PR card, will she have to stay from that date for 2 years out of 5 to renew  her pr visa?or will it fall under mine if i stayed 1 year before her?

Also, what happens if we get a divorce. Can she still use her own pr visa?

Thanks.

@Joo$y your wife should be part of your PR application and should be getting the visa along with you. You do not have to sponsor her. Unless you included her as a non-accompanying dependent? I really hope you had included her in your original PR application (because if you didn't, and you are already married, that would count as misrepresentation). And each person has to meet their own residency obligation as already mentioned.

MaryJane
1 hour ago, MissFrowz said:

@Joo$y your wife should be part of your PR application and should be getting the visa along with you. You do not have to sponsor her. Unless you included her as a non-accompanying dependent? I really hope you had included her in your original PR application (because if you didn't, and you are already married, that would count as misrepresentation). And each person has to meet their own residency obligation as already mentioned.

@MissFrowz, I don't think they're married just yet. He mentioned he was coming back to get married in Oct. I do agree though with you though, I wonder if it could've been part of common-law? Maybe not?? Hmmm.....