Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

GrantM
8 hours ago, gripen said:

Swill they explain what to do with the PPR? Where to send it, which courier etc. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here :D

They will send you a letter explaining the number of photos and probably another questionnaire to complete.

The process has changed a bit since we did ours. But I believe you now have to use VFS to "transport" your passports. So you courier (any courier) or hand deliver to VFS. You pay them upfront for the "transmission" of your passports (about R311 each) and you can have them courier your passports back to you for R127. 

We had to follow the same procedure for my mother in law's passport for her visitors visa earlier this year.

Edited by GrantM
added info
  • Like 1

PaulD

Do we have percentage of people in this group that have received final decision. Or any estimates? Best Guess? ?

Raquel

@PaulD I believe it's currently at 0% :( 

PaulD

Has anyone called CIC or sent a CSE when they  hit the 6 month mark...if yes have they actually explained the delay

Raquel

I am not aware of any. We haven't reached the 6 month mark yet, but will be sending a CSE next week and probably pay the high commission a visit on Tuesday... 

• Like 1

CilliersC

Hang in there, friends! The wait is utter anguish! :(

• Like 1

PaulD

For those that go beyond the 6 month mark, and don't already know the number, there is a contact you can use to get through to CIC

+16139444000

There are quite a few options, you want to get to Canadian immigration and then check your application status

It can take a few tries to get through to an agent (just make sure you have their right local time , I believe it is EST time) but this may be more immediate than a CSE.

I would also be interested to know what feedback they are able to give if you get hold of someone...

What a special sort of torture this is.  Waiting in silence to hear your fate with absolutely no updates -even 'tho they have a whole online system that is suppose to do this!

Strength to you all

• Like 2

Raquel

@PaulD thanks for the number. I will be calling them tomorrow at the 6 month mark! I'll provide feedback once I'm done. 

I visited Pretoria this morning, with  virtually no update that differed to last month! "Your file is awaiting officer Reveiw!"

Hang in there guys... We are not alone! 

• Like 4

Druce

@Raquel, I also wanted to pay them a visit this morning but something came up and I couldn't make it. Seems like there is not much going on these at CHC PTA Offices...

Thanks for the number @PaulD, sure does get to you, this waiting game...

• Like 1

JeffH

My PPR came through this afternoon :D

So there is hope - and my case was or is complicated. I need to ask for a refund for part of the RPR now etc. 

One question I do have, if anyone knows off hand, now that I am going to do the Passport process - do I need to land in Canada to "activate" before the 12 months expiry of my medical? If yes, is this the date that I went for the medical or is it the date that it was passed? I need to start planning my trip so this info would be very useful! 

• Like 6

Raquel

Congrats @gripen!!! Such awesome news! Very happy for you! ?

JeffH
On 4/28/2016 at 4:46 PM, GrantM said:

They will send you a letter explaining the number of photos and probably another questionnaire to complete.

The process has changed a bit since we did ours. But I believe you now have to use VFS to "transport" your passports. So you courier (any courier) or hand deliver to VFS. You pay them upfront for the "transmission" of your passports (about R311 each) and you can have them courier your passports back to you for R127. 

We had to follow the same procedure for my mother in law's passport for her visitors visa earlier this year.

Thanks, I have received the letter and it is not clear AT ALL what to do next :) but I'm sure I will figure it out. Part of the puzzle. It looks like it becomes another application process now for a "permanent resident travel document".. lucky for those applying now we will have clear instructions of the process in a few months time - although it does seem to change regularly. 

VFS seems to be there Visa processing centre in SA:

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/southafrica/introduction.html#

Druce

Congratulations @gripen, I am so excited for you! This is wonderful news and proof that CHC PTA is well and working on applications:D

Are you also a EE applicant or paper based?

Please keep us updated on the rest of your process, I find it very interesting and helpful.

JeffH
2 minutes ago, Druce said:

Congratulations @gripen, I am so excited for you! This is wonderful news and proof that CHC PTA is well and working on applications:D

Are you also a EE applicant or paper based?

Please keep us updated on the rest of your process, I find it very interesting and helpful.

Thanks @Druce I'm an EE applicant, all online. I haven't dealt with the Pretoria office yet. I'll share updates as they come in but still need to figure out the process. Any pointers would be helpful but basically it seems to be a whole bunch more paperwork then drop that off with the passport at Pretoria, wait some time, collect passport with Visa inside. Then look at landing procedure in Canada. My medical exam date was 23 Oct 2015 - so that's my deadline or at least, that's when the Visa expires according to the letter. 

Joo$y

Hi All..

PPR i assume stands for Passport Request ryt? I also just received an email with my passport request. Does this mean my application has been approved??

Im sooo frkn happy i can hardly believe it. I can't believe the end is actually here. ☺

Anyway the email i recieved looks sumtng like this                                                                                                 

May 5, 2016

Dear:

YOUR VISAS APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED

Your file appears to be complete and ready for visa issuance. Before we can issue your visas, we require: 

1)     Duly completed Annex A;

2)     Two (2) recent passport size photos of all family members accompanying you to Canada (these photos must not have any holes, (i.e. not be stapled, glued, pinned, etc…);

3)     Valid original passports of all family members accompanying you to Canada. Please ensure that your passports have at least one (1) blank page.

The validity for all visas will be the same. Visas will be valid for one year from the date of your medical exam or for the validity of your passport, whichever is less.

Sending your passports, photos and completed forms

Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre nearest you:

Pretoria : http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/southafrica/

Canada Visa Application Centre

Block D, Brooklyn Office Park

1109 Jan Shoba Street

Brooklyn, Pretoria

South Africa

Harare: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/zimbabwe/

100 Prince Edward Street

Milton Park, Harare

Zimbabwe

Port Louis: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/mauritius/English/index.html

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

St. James Court

St. Denis Street, Port Louis,

Mauritius

Please note that there may be additional fees charged by the VAC. Please consult their websites or contact them directly for further information.

Thank you for applying for immigration to Canada and we wish you success in your establishment in Canada.

Annex A

ENSURE THAT YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS ACCOMPANYING YOU TO CANADA                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          CONTINUE THIS INFORMATION ON A SEPERATE SHEET IF NECESSARY

FAMILY NAME

FIRST NAME

I did not receive a letter as yet. I also have 1 question, if im tkng my mum with me for the first month for a holiday, she has to apply for a holiday visa but Must i also send her passport n pics with my passport n pics to the visa offices in Pretoria ? Thats wat this email is telling me. 

Seems like CiC is waking up a bit now. Finally.

Thanks alot guys. Im holding thumb for u all. 

Raquel any changes as yet?

Edited by MaryJane
Details taken off
  • Like 3

Raquel

Congrats @Joo$y! Great news! 

Nothing from my side, not even BG Check yet! ? I received my notes this afternoon and all seems to be in order! 

@gripen, did your BG check move to in progress at any stage?

Joo$y

Does Passport request mean visas has been approved?

JeffH
Just now, Raquel said:

Congrats @Joo$y! Great news! 

Nothing from my side, not even BG Check yet! ? I received my notes this afternoon and all seems to be in order! 

@gripen, did your BG check move to in progress at any stage?

@Joo$y I received the same email, so yes I believe that is the PPR

@Raquel Yes, I received the request for additional documents, then the next day my Background Check changed to In Progress then a few days later a "ghost" update with nothing changed (this was all about a week ago). Now if I check, nothing has changed on the profile (I also cannot log into ECAS even though I now have a UCI and we all have @Joo$y's UCI too :D). I have read that it only changes once the Visa part is done. So technically, PR is still not quite granted. I think you only count as PR once landed but PPR seems to be the "I made it" sign. 

They do seem to do absolutely nothing and then rush it all through at the end to squash you into the 6 month promise for Express Entry

• Like 1

Raquel
2 minutes ago, gripen said:

@Joo$yThey do seem to do absolutely nothing and then rush it all through at the end to squash you into the 6 month promise for Express Entry

Well, I have made history! Past the 6 months mark and according to my notes the last movement on my file was on 28/11/2015 when it was transferred to Pretoria! ? (Ouch)!

Anyway, raised a CSE on Tuesday at 6 months, so waiting for feedback from them...

Good luck with all the prep guys! ;) 

• Like 1

MaryJane
1 hour ago, gripen said:

One question I do have, if anyone knows off hand, now that I am going to do the Passport process - do I need to land in Canada to "activate" before the 12 months expiry of my medical? If yes, is this the date that I went for the medical or is it the date that it was passed? I need to start planning my trip so this info would be very useful! 

Congratulations, @gripen! It is normally 12 months from when you went for your medicals but do check on the visa that will be attached to your passport. The expiry date on the visa will be the final expiry date. And sometimes it can differ.

All the best.

MaryJane
20 minutes ago, Joo$y said:

Does Passport request mean visas has been approved?

Sounds like it.... All the best.

Druce

Congratulations @Joo$y, you guys are so lucky! Well, thats at least two more applications completed and two closer to ours being done *wink @Raquel* ;)

• Like 2

Raquel

True story @Druce :D hope yours moves along swiftly too! 

Joo$y

Guys - please help me with my question plz

If in my application i did not mention anything about my mum accompanying me for a holiday, do you'll tink i should send her passport n photos along with mine to VAC. The email i received says i must send my passport and anyone accompanying me, im worried becoz in my application it was only Me alone. How do I explain that my mum is jst cuming for a holiday?

Or shall i jst send my passport alone n she can send hers separately?

Plzzz advise sum1

PaulD
On ‎2016‎/‎05‎/‎05 at 0:51 PM, Joo$y said:

Hi All..

PPR i assume stands for Passport Request ryt? I also just received an email with my passport request. Does this mean my application has been approved??

Im sooo frkn happy i can hardly believe it. I can't believe the end is actually here. ☺

Anyway the email i recieved looks sumtng like this:

UCI:                                                                                                     

Application: 

May 5, 2016

Dear:

YOUR VISAS APPEAR READY TO BE ISSUED

Your file appears to be complete and ready for visa issuance. Before we can issue your visas, we require: 

1)     Duly completed Annex A;

2)     Two (2) recent passport size photos of all family members accompanying you to Canada (these photos must not have any holes, (i.e. not be stapled, glued, pinned, etc…);

3)     Valid original passports of all family members accompanying you to Canada. Please ensure that your passports have at least one (1) blank page.

The validity for all visas will be the same. Visas will be valid for one year from the date of your medical exam or for the validity of your passport, whichever is less.

Sending your passports, photos and completed forms

Passports should be submitted via the Visa Application Centre nearest you:

Pretoria : http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/southafrica/

Block D, Brooklyn Office Park

1109 Jan Shoba Street

Brooklyn, Pretoria

South Africa

Harare: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/zimbabwe/

100 Prince Edward Street

Milton Park, Harare

Zimbabwe

Port Louis: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/mauritius/English/index.html

International Organization for Migration (IOM)

St. James Court

St. Denis Street, Port Louis,

Mauritius

Please note that there may be additional fees charged by the VAC. Please consult their websites or contact them directly for further information.

Thank you for applying for immigration to Canada and we wish you success in your establishment in Canada.

Annex A

File:

ENSURE THAT YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION FOR YOU AND ALL FAMILY MEMBERS ACCOMPANYING YOU TO CANADA                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          CONTINUE THIS INFORMATION ON A SEPERATE SHEET IF NECESSARY

FAMILY NAME

FIRST NAME

I did not receive a letter as yet. I also have 1 question, if im tkng my mum with me for the first month for a holiday, she has to apply for a holiday visa but Must i also send her passport n pics with my passport n pics to the visa offices in Pretoria ? Thats wat this email is telling me. 

Seems like CiC is waking up a bit now. Finally.

Thanks alot guys. Im holding thumb for u all. 

Raquel any changes as yet?

Good going, very envious. Enjoy the Home strecth...well to the beggining of the next race

Edited by MaryJane
Removed details