Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

MissFrowz

@Druce, it really is silly and unfair that you can't apply for EE even with the nomination. The thing is, the provinces are still piloting how EE works with their nomination programs, and also negotiating with the feds regarding how many nominations they can use for EE and how many have to go through the old processing system. I used to work for a provincial government department responsible for immigration and we spent a lot of time on calls with the feds and other provinces trying to figure out how EE would work with provincial nomination programs and figuring out allocations per province. Most provinces were really on board with EE and wanted to get immigrants in faster, but it was hard to get consensus and everything boiled down to the feds and their own ideas of how the process should go. I'm guessing they are still trying to sort this out because it doesn't make sense that someone with a nomination still has to go through the old system. Anyway, there's not much you can do other than wait patiently. When I first applied, I geared myself up for a 24 month wait, but my application ended up being processed in 11 months. So, prepare for the worst, and hope for the best!

• Like 2

Druce

Thank you for the advice @MissFrowz. That's all I have been doing since April 2014. I also thought that all will be done and dusted in 24 months, preparing for the worst. If I knew what I know now I would have taken up an opportunity to apply for a study visa for my wife (though it is expensive, she was approved by an institution) and an open work permit for myself.

I believe that in the near future I will say "it all worked out in the end" and will be able to laugh at the struggles of the past.

I am now preparing for the worst, which should be December 2016. I will be delighted if anything happens before then!

• Like 2

Raquel

So I have about 10 days to go till the special 6 month mark! I have still had zero update since 24th Nov 2015! My BG check is still stated as not started... I have ordered my notes, but those are only due around my 6 month mark as well! I'm really trying to remain positive, but I really am starting to lose hope and wonder if I should be worried that something is wrong with my file?! ? 

tarinerk

Hi @Raquel

This must be so frustrating! I think the best would be to wait for the notes and perhaps you can visit the High Commission next Tuesday, 3 May and hear what they have to say. Good luck and hopefully you hear something soon. 

• Like 1

FaithFUL
1 hour ago, Raquel said:

So I have about 10 days to go till the special 6 month mark! I have still had zero update since 24th Nov 2015! My BG check is still stated as not started... I have ordered my notes, but those are only due around my 6 month mark as well! I'm really trying to remain positive, but I really am starting to lose hope and wonder if I should be worried that something is wrong with my file?! ? 

Hang in there! You're SOOOO close. You're in the tunnel and you can actually see the big bright light ahead of you (and no, it's not an approaching train) ;)

• Like 1

Raquel

@tarinerk frustrating it is! Patience and character building too! Let's see how the next week and a bit play out... I dread having to stand in that 2hour que again! ?

• Like 1

Raquel

@WannaB Expat haha... Please no train! ???

JeffH

@Raquel You're not alone. I applied on 14 November. So D-Day for me is 14 May. My case is a bit complicated but they would only pick that up after picking up my application which has not happened yet. You can bet on 15 May I will send in a CSE if I have heard nothing!!! 

• Like 1

Raquel

@gripen I'm sorry to say... But I'm glad I am not alone ? I take some comfort in this fact! We have to draw on each other's strength... Thanks for replying! 

Andre1

Hi guys

Our status has just been changed to Background Check in progress!!! 

If I am correct that takes about a week and then the great and mighty PPR!!!

• Like 2

reshie108

Congrats @Andre1.. you must be so thrilled with the positive movement on your application.......

Yes the usual trend for the SA applicants is " BG check in progress" then PPR a week or 2 later.

Good luck, keep us posted :)

• Like 1

JeffH

So I have just heard from CIC. If you see my other post/topic (which I will update shortly), they are asking me for my divorce order! So basically, they have started my processing: 

"Thank you for your interest in Canada. We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:"

Taking this as GREAT news! I'm going to send them the document (seems now they are in a hurry, it must be sent within 7 days!). 

• Like 3

Raquel

Congrats @gripen and @Andre1! This movement is great news! :ilikeit: 

• Like 1

Druce

Well done @gripen and @Andre1, this is great news! I am soooo excited for you guys!

PaulD
22 hours ago, Raquel said:

We are in same boat, now expecting to go full 6 months and beyond. I had a refused entry to Ireland when I was young and silly enough to work without a permit in that country so  I have been expecting a delay. But I also think that CIC system has been back logged due to Syrian refugees. So 6 month waits may be common now

• Like 1

Joo$y

Hi All

Congrats to all those who have seen some movements in their applications. Very pleasing to hear that :)

@Raquel did you apply on the FSW visa as well? I am pretty certain that Once things start happening it will happen very quickly, meaning once BG goes into In Progress, you will find that you will receive PPR in couple days rather than weeks. I have noticed that trend in applicants who had to wait slightly longer for movements. Did you pay the RPRF upfront? (Take note of comments to Andre below). Also, I don't think you have anything to worry about because if they were going to reject your application they would have definitely did it by now. So, just hang in there... Couple days left and then they HAVE to get back to you.

@Andre1 I notice you had your request to pay RPRF on the 7th April, yet your BG check only went into Progress yesterday. That's quiet a long delay. I'm sure PPR will be received very soon.

My BG went Into Progress about a week back and I received a request to pay RPRF last night, which I immediately did this morning. I hope it doesn't take too long from here now. Just a quick question - Once our application is approved - how will we actually receive our PR cards? Will they mail them to us once we in Canada? If so, what will we use to show the officers when entering the country?

Thanks.

Raquel

@Joo$y yes we applied under FSW route as well. I did not pay it upfront. I was requested to pay in on 24th Nov 2014 already... And that was my last movement which is why I am so confused as to the looooong wait without anything! ? So patience is the name of the game! :D 

you will land with the visa and COPR at the point of entry and then you apply I think for the PR cards which are sent to a Canadian address provided and few weeks later... 

Druce

Congratulations on your progress as well @Joo$y. Seems like the pace has finally picked up a bit!

• Like 1

Joo$y

Ok thanks - But that initial visa and COPR that I will be using to land with, does CIC send that to us or is that something that you collect from Pretoria? How do I get that visa in my hand?

MaryJane

@Joo$y

You have to send in your passport when requested and the visa is affixed into the passport, valid for one time use/entry.

PR cards are only applied for once you've landed in Canada.

• Like 1

Claire T

Joo$y, the visa is stamped in your passport and is activated when you land. You will also be sent the COPR with your passports which you must present when you land in Canada and it gets signed and stamped at your port of entry. Then you apply for your PR cards once you have landed.

Hope that helps? :)

Claire T

Ha!

The Oracle is awake and beat me to it ?

• Like 3

JeffH

So it seems they are working on my profile. I get these messages in the late afternoon (SA time): 

Your application has been updated. Please sign in to your MyCIC account and check your application status and messages for more information.

When I log in, nothing has changed. I think I read somewhere about these ghost messages.. Does anyone know roughly how many of these you get before there is an actual change?

Currently my background check is in progress, assuming that is all good and there is no interview required - will they explain what to do with the PPR? Where to send it, which courier etc. Maybe I'm jumping the gun here :D

• Like 1

reshie108

they most definitely working on your profile @gripen

Looks like your PPR is on its way...

• Like 1

JeffH
3 minutes ago, reshie108 said:

they most definitely working on your profile @gripen

Looks like your PPR is on its way...

Thanks but my case is a bit complicated so I think there may still be a couple of phases. I'll hold thumbs but won't hold my breath :D:D

I'm wondering now if their "promise" is to start processing your application within 6 months or to complete it entirely (Status = Approved) by 6 months? Anyone know? I think it might be the latter.