Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

tarinerk

Hi. Congrats to all who received PPR!!!

I would just like to confirm what your status was during the process. We submitted our application on 2 Feb and receiced AOR,  medicals passed 11 Feb, final PCC submitted 4 March. Our status at the moment is as follows: Review of eligibility: In progress, Medicals: Passed, Background check: Not started. 

My question is, does the background check status status stay this way until the end? Or what? So worried something is wrong. We just passed the 2 month waiting time mark and time never moved so slowly ;-)

Thanks for all the help!

jenkies01
2 minutes ago, tarinerk said:

I would just like to confirm what your status was during the process. We submitted our application on 2 Feb and receiced AOR,  medicals passed 11 Feb, final PCC submitted 4 March. Our status at the moment is as follows: Review of eligibility: In progress, Medicals: Passed, Background check: Not started.

My question is, does the background check status status stay this way until the end? Or what? So worried something is wrong. We just passed the 2 month waiting time mark and time never moved so slowly ;-)

Thanks for all the help!

Hi, hang in there, we received PPR only after 5 months of waiting. And today we went to collect our PR visas in Pretoria at VFS global. be patient I am sure everything will be fine.

• Like 1

tarinerk

Hi . Congrats! What was your background check status during the wait? Good luck with the final planning and packing. Where are you planning on living? @jenkies01

Chevelle
1 hour ago, tarinerk said:

Thanks for all the help!

Hi @tarinerk, at 2 months you are still in the relatively early stages. I have an AOR of Feb 18th and my BG went from "Not Started" to "In Progress" and now it is on "Not Needed at this Time". It appears through going through all of the forums the general trend is:

1. Not Started
  2. In Progress
  3. Not Needed at this Time
  4. In Progress
  5. Decision

Please note that this is just what I have picked up on and is just an assumption and may not be reality. It also appears that when it goes from "Not Needed at this Time" to "In Progress" a lot of the applicants are appearing to get the PPR request shortly after (if their applications are successful to that point).

No need to worry about something that is out of your control at the moment. You are just going to have to wait it out and try and be patient. Every application is different and some take 2 months and others a lot longer so just hope for the best!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Druce

@tarinerk, myself and @jenkies01 are both paper baed (not EE) applicant and our timelines and various status changes wont be similar to yours. Be thankful that you got in via EE and not the paper based application. See my timeline in my signature (yes, it really takes that long).

I am sure you will get PPR within the next couple of months. Hang in there and enjoy the last bit of SA;)

• Like 2

Andre1

Hi guys. We received the request to pay RPRF this morning and paid via the website. So now they're starting the background checks... Hope fully in a week or two we'll have our PPR!!!

• Like 3

Joo$y

Congrats Andre1 :)

You guys must have been really excited when you'll got the email!! So happy for you guys!!! ALL THE BEST

I still haven't received any responses from CIC as yet, but at least I know they're working on the Nov applicants.

@Raquel Have you received any changes in statuses as yet?

Raquel

Congrat @Andre1 :D very happy for you and ME :P Good news on Nov applicants.

@Joo$y still awaiting some movement - nothing my side yet.

reshie108

Glad to hear some positive movement @Andre1...im sure you guys will get your PPR shortly...

hopefully they process a big batch of South African Applications and we all hear from them pretty soon with PPRs :)

• Like 3

Druce

Congratulations @Andre1! I also hope for this @reshie108, maybe I will be lucky and join you guys with greatly awaited PR Visas:D

Raquel

Hang in there @Druce! It's on it's way! ;)

Edited by Raquel
  • Like 1

Joo$y

Hi All, 

I just received an email n checked the status now, BG has moved from Not Started to In Progress. Review of Eligibility is still showing as In Progress also, I thot that wud hv changed to Passed.

Neway im excited becoz of this movement but i dont wna get my hopes up too much.

@Raquel any news or changes from CiC as yet?

• Like 2

Raquel

@Joo$y great stuff to see some movement for us! ;) this is usually great news... They say PPR is usually received within a week from BG check moving into progress! No movement from my side yet...

Edited by Raquel

Joo$y

Hi Raquel,

Thanks for your message, I'm really excited. Do you think I should give my resignation in as yet? I have to give 1 months notice and I don't want to waste too much time.

My Review of Eligibility is still showing as In Progress also - Is that Normal?

I'm sure you will see some movement any day Now -  I'l be rooting for u!! :)

Raquel

Eligibility being in progress right up until the end (getting your passport back I think) is completely normal! 

As for your resignation, well that really depends on you and whether you'll have sufficient funds to sustain yourself for a month afterwards in case of a delay on CIC side?! 

Thanks for the support! Will update here as soon as I have anything for you guys! :)

• Like 1

reshie108

@Joo$y..congrats the background check moving to " in Progress" is a big step, usually PPR follows in a week or 2...Celebrate each step. :)

@Raquel.. you are next my friend, just hang in there....im sure u will here from them this week. :)

so glad to see movement on the SA peeps files... :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Joo$y

Thanks Reshie!!! :D

I love this forum - So many ppl full of Positive energy n support!!!! 

I cant wait to go but i doo love my home country thou - Im gna wear my South African proteas shirt in Canada n glay lol

• Like 4

reshie108

its a pleasure @Joo$y...and I agree with you..this forum is amazing.

its helped me so much through this process, im so greatful to so many selfless people on this forum.

I give and receive so much of motivation, support and positive energy from so many people that are complete strangers.

and as much as I am going to love living in Canada, I too will wear my SA - tshirts with pride :)

• Like 1

Druce

Just received my GCMS Notes (41 pages), applied by my sponsor 18 March 2016.

Eligibility, Medicals, Criminality, Security shows not started on page 2. Paper based applications does not seem to be getting the same attention as the EE applications.

On page 8 under Eligibility there is a due date, 2016/12/10. This is exactly a year after we received AOR from CIC. What does this even mean? Honestly, I dont hope we will have to wait until then before they touch the application again?

The waiting game is really getting to us at this stage, how much longer:unsure:

MissFrowz

Hi @Druce! Looking at my GCMS notes, the due date is the day that the officer needs to complete a certain activity by. For example, in my notes there are due dates of April 24, 2015 for medical request and additional information. The officer actually sent the requests on March 25, 2015, and the due date (April 24) is when I heard back from the officer and he granted Approval in Principle (AIP) for my app. Bear in mind that I applied via spouse sponsorship, but it was also a paper application. A decision was made on my file on April 28 (so 4 days later).

So based on this, it looks like your file needs to be finalized (or the officer needs to at least get in contact with you) by Dec 10, 2016. I know it's a long while away, but I'm sure you will hear from then before that date. Unfortunately, EE gets the top priority for processing and those of us who have/had paper based application have to wait much longer.

When do you medicals expire? I know they try to finalize the app before then so that may give you another indication of when to expect your app to be completed.

• Like 1

Druce

I have not even gone for medicals yet as I have to wait for the Medical Request that they send. This is so discouraging, good grief.

MissFrowz

Don't be discouraged, Druce. The immigration process is a long and stressful one, but the key is to focus on the end goal while still living your day-to-day life. Have you considered doing an upfront medical? That way, when they get around to reviewing your app, there will be less of a delay. It may save you a month of processing time as I have seen with other paper applications (that's if there are no additional documents required by CIC). I would suggest that you order new GCMS notes in two months time and see if there are any updates, and then do upfront medicals around the same time.

• Like 1

Druce

I have considered doing the upfront medicals but have also been discouraged by some other applicants on this and other forums. Maybe I should just do it this coming month and hope for the best. Will keep you guys posted on the results.

• Like 1

MaryJane
3 hours ago, Druce said:

Paper based applications does not seem to be getting the same attention as the EE applications.

Unfortunately, I believe there is some truth in this. EE is on a 6 month average timeline from start to wrap up. Paper-based is most likely following the timeline of pre-EE, which is average of 15 months.

I'd agree with MissFrowz to not fret too much. This process is supposed to teach you many many things. I read on the other forum that there is a new requirement to immigrating to Canada.....the new requirement is patience... :)

• Like 3

Druce

Whilst there is some truth regarding this MaryJane, I still feel that it is unfair. I mean, I got the PNP Nomination, qualified for EE but they still did not allow us to apply with the program. They knew that this will be quicker and less of a hassle for them and us. 

But hey, nobody promised that the process will be completed in 6 months when I applied, and nobody promised that life is fair, full of roses and sunshine all the time. So I guess I just have to suck it up and turn my frown upside down :D

At least 4/5 months have passed (from AOR) and I know that there are 10/11 months left, maximum. I am still optimistic and believe that it will be less than this and that I will get our PPR before end August 2016. Whistling to the tune of "Oompie trap die petrol dat ons vinniger kan ry, Oomie trap die petrol..."

• Like 3