Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

lizz_z

Hi Tarinerk. Thanks for the response. Sounds like we will all have a backlog then if they are starting with backlogged applicants first. 

Have you tried raising a CSE and what address did you use ? Do you think the visit to CHC Pretoria will help speed up your application. My AOR is also the same date as yours 

tarinerk

Hi @lizz_z

Yes we are in the same boat! You can only send a CSE once your application goes past 6 months. It will definitely help to visit CHC. You can only see them between 8-10, so you have to be there by 7 to fall in line. Hopefully we won't need to go on 2 Aug.

There is a thread for Dec '15 and Jan '16 applicants too.

Good luck ?. 

lizz_z

Thanks again Tarinerk. Good luck to you too.

do you mind sending me the link for the Dec and Jan applicants thread?

tarinerk

Hi

@lizz_z

• Like 1

PaulD

So my Background Check has gone to in progress, which I hope is a good thing.  But at the same time there is message saying they need an additional document from applicant.  The problem is that when I go to the request letter it gives me an error when I try to view the message.

Anyone encounter this?

Bkground.JPG

• Like 1

tarinerk

Hi @PaulD

Send a CSE and phone the High Commission.  Explain the situation, maybe they will put you through to somebody who can help you. Good luck and congrats on the background check.

Edited by tarinerk

PaulD

Changed my web browser and was able to download letter.  It seems they are requesting our passports!!!:D Can this be true? Or am I still in bed dreaming?  Is this how others have received 

Edited by PaulD
Incorrect
  • Like 4

reshie108

@PaulD congrats!!! is PPR

yes your PR visa are ready...your application has been approved :)

Congrats...we all get to celebrate together......YAY!!!

• Like 2

jones

Gratz @PaulD ! I hope for your sake, you are not dreaming ;) 

• Like 3

lizz_z

Guys things seem to be happening now. The 2 people I know who have been waiting since nov got their PPRs last night, hours apart from each other.

could this be a good sign??still in shock 

• Like 4

Druce

Congratulations PaulD, I am so happy for you! Seems like CHC has finally got into gear and are now catching up on the backlog!

Cant wait for it to be my turn!

• Like 6

Banky

Hi Guys, I got PPR Thursday 14th July. Looks like SA VO is awake now. Just a quick advice, if you have not been to the VO on their opening day please go there. I can promise you it has a positive effect on your application. I got PPR a week and 2 days after I went to the embassy. I was opportune to have a word with the VO and I think that worked perfect. Apparently the former VO went on medical retirement due to medical issues hence the insane backlog they have. My details are below

AOR: 6th November 2015

Schedule 4 Request: 9th Nov 

PPR: 14th July 2016

After 8 months 8 days.

A friend also got PPR 15th July. I wish you all the best. PPR will come soon for most of us.

• Like 3

Druce

Congratulations on the PPR and welcome to sacanada @Banky. I take it both you and your friend applied through EE?

• Like 1

Miike

Hi Guys,

My EE PR was refused today (applied in November 2015). I kinda knew it will be refused because I did not provide an updated bank statement as requested although I do not know why it took so long. Reason was that I had sent the funds in my account to the US when the rate was good. 

While I was waiting, I applied for a study permit in May for a PhD admission with 4 years guaranteed funding and it is still in process.My question now is, should I wait for the outcome of my study visa before creating another EE profile? I was hoping that if possible, I might get an ITA within the next two months so that I can apply and hopefully by then I will be in Canada. My police clearance and medicals are still valid till November. Before my refusal, I had passed my medicals and they indicated that background check was completed just as they refused me based on POF. 

My last EE profile was 474 but the new calculation using the CRS is 470 (I just turned 31 so I lost some points).

Joo$y

Hi guys

I also just landed in Toronto a couple days ok, so far everything looks good thou it does seem to me that Toronto is more on the quite side, i thought it would be alot more hustle n bustle lol maybe i havent been to the right places.

@Raquel how u liking Canada so far? Are u also staying in Toronto?

Just a quick question - in order to apply for citizenship do I need to stay 3 yrs in a 4 yr cycle or is it 4 yrs in a 5yr cycle?

• Like 1

Raquel

Congrats to all who received PPR! I'm am so happy for you! I am glad to see that things are moving in the Pretoria VO! ;) best you all start packing your bags!!!

so I thought I should provide an update on how things are going... 

We have had an awesome week in Toronto. We have "worked hard" and played just as hard. On Monday we applied for our SIN numbers, opened bank accounts and got Canadian numbers. We had a "set back" with our SIN numbers... Service Canada was unable to verify us on their system and we were unable to do the process electronically there and then so we had to apply with a paper based application and will have to wait for about a week to receive them in the mail... I wonder when we will receive these as we are pretty much stuck without them! 

Tuesday was an opportunity to enjoy and explore a little. We made our way down to Lake Ontario and  had a drink at an awesome little spot called the Amsterdam Beerhouse, rode a street car for the first time, got lost for a while ? And eventually made our way back home...

Wednesday was used to buckle down and start studying the MTO handbook and marathon tests to prepare for our G1 drivers test that we intend to take this week. We also headed out to the airport to collect my yorkie... He was so missed and collecting him just made it all final for us. :D

Thursday was meeting with Linda to get the house hunting ball rolling and Friday evening was a trip to visit special Oakville folk and attend our very first street festival! Oakville is simply stunning by the way! :)

our generous hosts took us to cherry beach dog park with their 68 kg Italian Mastiff and our 3kg yorkie! If ever you've seen a contrast-this was it! ? It was amazing to see the doggies socializing with one another... Super cool. We then took a walk through Kensington Market and were driven around the city of Toronto. Off to the Beer Store to buy some drinks and have our very first home smoked sausage and salad dinner... Interesting meal! ;) 

Today was purely American... Visited a Ribfest in Missisauga, pigged out on ribs while listening to some American style live bands. Some Saffer style "Kuirer" followed with some precious friends and after a long day out, we arrived home 1,5hours ago.

All can say is, if ever I have embraced change AND ENJOYED it, it has been the last week! It has been epic and so far we loving every second! ❤️??

• Like 12

Banky
22 hours ago, Druce said:

Congratulations on the PPR and welcome to sacanada @Banky. I take it both you and your friend applied through EE?

Thanks Druce. Yea we are EE applicants. You?

Druce

Paper based PNP - 15 months from submission vs your 6 months...

Banky
38 minutes ago, Druce said:

Paper based PNP - 15 months from submission vs your 6 months...

It will end in praise no worries. Mine took 8 months and 8 days 

PaulD
On 17 July 2016 at 10:06 PM, Miike said:

Hi Guys,

My EE PR was refused today (applied in November 2015). I kinda knew it will be refused because I did not provide an updated bank statement as requested although I do not know why it took so long. Reason was that I had sent the funds in my account to the US when the rate was good. 

While I was waiting, I applied for a study permit in May for a PhD admission with 4 years guaranteed funding and it is still in process.My question now is, should I wait for the outcome of my study visa before creating another EE profile? I was hoping that if possible, I might get an ITA within the next two months so that I can apply and hopefully by then I will be in Canada. My police clearance and medicals are still valid till November. Before my refusal, I had passed my medicals and they indicated that background check was completed just as they refused me based on POF. 

My last EE profile was 474 but the new calculation using the CRS is 470 (I just turned 31 so I lost some points).

Tough going on the refusal, long time to wait. Unless there is a specific problem with applying for both study visa and PR you should create new profile and wait for ITA. Is your POF now in order?

Miike
38 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Tough going on the refusal, long time to wait. Unless there is a specific problem with applying for both study visa and PR you should create new profile and wait for ITA. Is your POF now in order?

Yes POF is currently in order. That might change however, If I get a study visa before an ITA

Joo$y

Hi All,

Please could somebody help me.

I am aware that CiC will post my permanent resident card to the address i had given them in about 2 months. But say I neeed to leave Canada before that pr card arrives, will i be able to come back into the country with the 'confirmation of permanent residence' as my visa? If not, how can i go about it?

Pleas advise if anybody knows.

Thanks.

Edited by Joo$y
word error

CilliersC

@Joo$y, you will need a Permanent Resident Travel Document - see the following : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

• Like 1

PaulD

G'day All

Have received letter requesting passports, they have been sent and apparently they are at embassy.  I am about to book flights, is this too risky,  have others waited for visa in hand?

• Like 1

Andre1

If your intention is to buy the plane tickets for very soon after you receive the visa back then you should be good to go, but if you intend to buy for some time ahead I would put it off until you have the visa in hand. The visa has a date by which you have to enter Canada and if your tickets are after this date it will cost a whole lot to change the tickets.