Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

Druce

Well done @Raquel! I am so happy for you guys. Please keep us posted on your journey as well as the flights with the animals etc.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2016 at 6:11 AM, Raquel said:

Flights booked for Friday 8th July - hectic days now...

Great news. Enjoy the ride and cheers to a soft landing!

PaulD
On 12 May 2016 at 8:16 AM, Raquel said:

Edited by PaulD
Incorrect

PaulD

So who is sitting at beyond 8 months now?  Anyone 9 months?

For those on express path.

D&K
1 hour ago, PaulD said:

So who is sitting at beyond 8 months now?  Anyone 9 months?

For those on express path.

Our AOR is 6th October so next Wednesday is 9 months....

Miike
42 minutes ago, D&K said:

I applied for my PR under FSW on the 27th of Nov.......mine is at 7 months. Only medicals passed

PaulD
1 hour ago, D&K said:

9 months! I will ask the gods for mercy and patience for you! Oh the inhumanity of it all!!:)

When are your medicals expiring?  Ours is October, I am wondering if it is worth booking new medicals.  Even if we get lucky in July/August that leaves us with  little time to close out life on the sunny side and setup shop in the freezer. From the form letter responses Pretoria has given me I get the feeling they have not even looked at my file as yet, so August is more probable than July.

NostalgiaNut

Going to hit 8 months July 11th. :mellow:

NostalgiaNut
1 hour ago, PaulD said:

9 months! I will ask the gods for mercy and patience for you! Oh the inhumanity of it all!!:)

When are your medicals expiring?  Ours is October, I am wondering if it is worth booking new medicals.  Even if we get lucky in July/August that leaves us with  little time to close out life on the sunny side and setup shop in the freezer. From the form letter responses Pretoria has given me I get the feeling they have not even looked at my file as yet, so August is more probable than July.

you send cse for medical extension .. they extend it for a year. I don't think its a given to redo medicals. Ask for extension first.

Edited by NostalgiaNut

PaulD
1 hour ago, NostalgiaNut said:

you send cse for medical extension .. they extend it for a year. I don't think its a given to redo medicals. Ask for extension first.

Thank you kindly...this I did not know.  There is a bit here regarding medical re-assessment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Now I don't have to think about selling the farm and finding a home for my pet crocodile in a couple of months!

• Like 2

tarinerk

Hi @PaulD

Are you all on PNP or just plain Express Entry?  

@Miike

@D&K

@NostalgiaNut

PaulD
Just now, tarinerk said:

Hi @PaulD

@Miike

@D&K

@NostalgiaNut

PNP, Saskatchewan

NostalgiaNut
1 hour ago, PaulD said:

Thank you kindly...this I did not know.  There is a bit here regarding medical re-assessment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob423.asp

Now I don't have to think about selling the farm and finding a home for my pet crocodile in a couple of months!

Maybe bring along pet croc to see immigration officers Tuesday 5th July :P - might hasten things.

• Like 1

NostalgiaNut
42 minutes ago, tarinerk said:

Hi @PaulD

@Miike

@D&K

@NostalgiaNut

PNP - Ontario  fsw express entry

D&K
4 hours ago, PaulD said:

Thanks Paul! Our patience has really been tested Medicals expire end August, have sent and email stating this. Yes it doesnt leave us with much time at all. But hang in there, the waiting will end soon... We'll be going straight from the pot into the freezer!

1 hour ago, tarinerk said:

Hi @PaulD

@Miike

@D&K

@NostalgiaNut

PNP Ontario

Miike
1 hour ago, D&K said:

Thanks Paul! Our patience has really been tested Medicals expire end August, have sent and email stating this. Yes it doesnt leave us with much time at all. But hang in there, the waiting will end soon... We'll be going straight from the pot into the freezer!

PNP Ontario

just Express Entry on FSW stream

Druce

So, who will be visiting CHC PTA tomorrow?

reshie108

@Druce.. I think I will be there.....practice for the Canadian Winters....standing outside CHC PTA at 7am...im sure its going to be brrr cold

eminembattlez

@Raquel - my goodness, I have never been happier for a stranger like I am for you. WELL DONE and CONGRATULATIONS. Really really happy for you. I know how much you wanted this and now it's here. I struggle to contain my excitement for you. The positive energy you had for others makes people naturally have nothing but best wishes for you.

Now enjoy wrapping up life in SA.

Let's toast - to a happy and successful new life in Canada!!!!

• Like 1

Raquel

@eminembattlez wow! Thank you so much for the kind words! ❤️

So just an update with us... We have managed to slightly recover after a 12 hour snooze so I can post! :D 

We headed off from JHB at 10am on Friday morning for an 8 hour flight to Abu Dhabi, had a 6 hour layover and then off on another 14hour flight to Toronto! All flights went absolutely fine and we landed at 8am Saterday morning.

We managed to clear passport control, immigration, customs, goods declaration and baggage collection in about 2 hours from landing! 

Our generous host picked us up from the airport and took us to our little spot where we will be staying for the next 3 weeks. A small little basement room, that is well kept and super clean! :) 

we had the most cleansing shower :D and headed off for a walk to look for some groceries and some lunch! I'm well impressed as whole foods market sells everything organic, antibiotic and preservative free! I'm in food heaven!!! I have also managed to pig out on the most delicious packet of organic cherries! ?

It has been super hot an humid here! For those who know me, I haven't even worn a jersey and had to wear shorts and a t-shirt! (I usually wear a jersey if there is any sort of breeze! )

Todays plan is to learn how to navigate the plunlic transport and meet some forum members in a VERY long awaited meet up! ;) we have been invited to have a BBQ with our hosts and watch my Team beat France in the Euro final! (Hopefully :P )

SIN numbers, health and bank accounts are Monday's problem is Services Canada doesn't open on weekends!

Well that's me for now... Chat to you'll soon...

• Like 10

PaulD
On 7/1/2016 at 7:16 PM, D&K said:

PNP Ontario

@D&K Have you been using the  PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca  email address when querying? If yes are they giving you anything more than the generic "We confirm your application is in process".  Unfortunately it seems we may need to kick up a fuss(gently!) to get our files noticed.  I am wondering if this can be done by email - but if they handle their email replies like they handle the CSEs I have little hope of kicking up anything

Druce

They handle e-mails and CSE exactly the same my friend. I have sent them e-mails and done CSE, luckily for me I was assisted each time on the maim issue, but they never give feedback on the status of the application except "You will be notified when an officer is assigned to your file" or "We confirm your application is in process" (like you said).

I have sent them a CSE on the 16th of June asking for a confirmation of receipt of our PCC's and also if I may now go for medical or what to do next. They will probably only answer the first (main) question and give one of the automated responses to the last.

I am not sure how we will be able to kick up a gentle fuss, all we can do is to go there the 1st Tuesday of each month and that might not even make any difference.

I still have 6 months to go before I reach the 15 month (paper application) mark before I can actually complain. I am visiting them 2 August if I dont get positive feedback this month :rolleyes:

• Like 1

D&K
6 hours ago, PaulD said:

@D&K Have you been using the  PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca  email address when querying? If yes are they giving you anything more than the generic "We confirm your application is in process".  Unfortunately it seems we may need to kick up a fuss(gently!) to get our files noticed.  I am wondering if this can be done by email - but if they handle their email replies like they handle the CSEs I have little hope of kicking up anything

Hi @PaulD

Been using this email: pretoria-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca -  This is also the email address given by the officer at CHC. 

But when we received a response it came from: pretimmigration@international.gc.ca

We've received only 1 response so far to a CSE after 3 weeks which said our application is pending review by a visa officer. I've sent a few emails after this but have not received any response. Seems like a CSE is a better option.

Maybe it's worth visiting CHC next month if you don't hear anything before then, we made a trip from Durban and wish we had done this earlier.

Don't book new medicals unless you're asked to which is unlikely. Just mention when they expire when you visit or send an email.

Hang in there!

• Like 1

lizz_z

Hi guys I'm new hear so excuse my ignorance. I'm a feb applicant & my 6 months is up 3rd August. 

I know 2 Novmeber applicants who are still waiting. My question is - is there a general backlog at Pretoria or some applications actually being processed within 6 months . Getting more and more anxious as I'm reading this thread & people have been waiting for 9 months. 

Can someone please elaborate on the situation at Pretoria?

tarinerk

Hi @lizz_z

Our AOR is 2 Feb and we are also still waiting. Went to CHC last Tuesday and we were told that there is backlog because one of the officials working with the EE applications went on early medical retirement.  They said they will start with the backlogged applicants first.  I would suggest that if you don't see any movement before 2 Aug, to visit CHC  in Pretoria. That is my plan anyway! 

Good luck ?.