Sign in to follow this  
Joo$y

PR Applicants Oct & Nov15

Joo$y

Hi All,

I would like to Network with those applicants who have submitted their PR applications in Oct and Nov15 last year. Has everyone who applied in Oct15 or earlier received some sort of reply? (In particular - Review of Eligibility). It will be nice to hear from those who have received any movement and those who are still awaiting?

Also, please let me know if anyone has applied in Nov15 and heard any response as yet on their Eligibility. I submitted my PR application on the 4th Nov, Medicals were passed around the 11th, My Review of Eligibility has been in progress for about 4 and half months now. I'm guessing the status should change any day now as I notice most applications took about 5 months to be approved. Just want to know if there is anyone else out there in the same boat as me.

I eagerly await any responses. Thanks a lot.

Raquel

@Joo$y we are in the early November boat. Details of our timeline in my signature. Patiently waiting for BG to change and hopefully PPR soon! BG still stated as "Not Started". 

Joo$y

Hi Raquel,

We both submitted our PR application on exactly the same day. I am also patiently waiting but it is nerve wracking. It's been almost 5 months so I'm hoping BG check should change very soon.

I wonder if there is anyone who has applied in Oct or earlier and their BG still has not started. As a matter of interest, will you be booking your flights as soon as your PPR is approved? Do you have a job offer or you going to look for a job there?

Raquel

We are 80% ready to fly at this point. As soon as we receive PPR we will be booking flights for as soon as possible relative to a reasonable price of course. Probably for about 1 month later or so. We are pretty much wrapped up already besides the basics. No job offer yet, still looking and will intensify once we receive PPR. But we have no issues looking once landed either.

how about you guys?

Joo$y

Thats good. Im pretty much following the same route, though Im not married as yet.

Are you guys working at the moment and what typed of jobs will you'll be looking for? Also, where about do you plan on residing?

I wonder if Canada is gona turn out to be what we expected. Fingers cross it does, I am a bit nervy though. Especially as i Will be resigning from my job here in SA to go there without a job as yet.

CobusJ

We applied in October and just got our request for passports. Just hang in there, wont be much longer

• Like 1

Raquel

@Joo$y i am still working and will be looking for work in the accounting field. Hubby will probably be going into a steel manufacturing type entity. We plan to settle in the GTA, but are open to any area where we or one of us finds a job. We don't have kids and are pretty flexible in that respect at the moment.

I am sure that Canada will meet and even exceed some of our expectations, and probably even fall short on some! But I believe with hard work and the right attitude we will succeed! :D

@CobusJ could you please share your timeline?

reshie108

@Raquel and @Joo$y...hang in there....your PPR is in the mail....!!! coming soon to a screen near you!!!

im feeling so anxious and impatient, I can only imagine how you must be feeling...

• Like 3

MaryJane
1 hour ago, Joo$y said:

I wonder if Canada is gona turn out to be what we expected.

Accountants and their calculated risks..... :P

Good luck, guys! Hope your next steps come soon.

• Like 1

Raquel
1 minute ago, MaryJane said:

Good luck, guys! Hope your next steps come soon.

Lol @MaryJane makes things exciting! :D:P

Joo$y

Haha 

@Raquel I am also in the Accounting field and looking to live initially in Toronto. I was looking at the temperature and comparing it to Durban, I wonder what -10 degrees is like lol in Durbz the coldest it gets is probably like 20 degreees haha.

If i carry about 30k with me, how many months u think that will last me if i dont get a job?

@reshie108 thanks for the motivation - its the hardest now when you wait so long and you know your faith is coming very soon.

Anyway I know Jenkies01 also got their visas on 17th March n dy also aplied in Oct and now Cobus recieved theirs. So im guessing ours should be processed in the next week or 2. Hopefully :)

Druce

@Joo$y, if I am not mistaken, @jenkies01 applied in July 2015 and got Medical Request October. Their application was PNP paper based if I understood correctly, so the timeline will definitely be longer than your EE route. 

All of the best for you guys, I will be keeping an eye on this thread just to keep my hopes high ;)

• Like 1

CobusJ

Looks like we are all accountants here:D

@Raquel our timeline going forward is a bit complicated with the baby on the way. We will probably only land towards the end of September.

At least our house has been sold. One less thing to stress about.

We are looking at going to Alberta.

• Like 1

Raquel

Too many accountants hanging around! :P 

@CobusJ congrats on the baba. :D wishing you many years of joy and happiness. 

Just wonderting when you submitted and received your AOR? 

M-N

I work with accountants country-wide. :) I did hear from a client that in the smaller towns, i.e. Fort McMurray, etc. public accountants especially are very rare. Maybe an option to look at if you have experience in the field. 

• Like 1

Raquel

Thanks for the tip @M-N ;) 

M-N
18 minutes ago, Raquel said:

Thanks for the tip @M-N ;) 

Don't hold me to it but I do recall it being mentioned once. :) Oh, and look up the accounting software they use. There's no Sage Pastel here. :P  Quickbooks is pretty big and Sage Simply Accounting. And CaseWare for financial statements for the smaller firms. They'll use CaseWare for the data side and then make use of CaseView templates which are done by a few competing firms (one of them is my employer of course) :P  So it may be advantageous to research this and maybe teach yourself if possible. It's very different from the templates you're used to in SA. I'd know because I also worked for them in SA. :) 

Edited by M-N
  • Like 2

MaryJane
27 minutes ago, Raquel said:

Too many accountants hanging around! :P 

Exactly! That is why I said.....

1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

:lol:

Andre1

We submitted on 14 Nov and have had no change in status. Also still playing the waiting game.

I'm no accountant, but financial planner, so pretty close.

We're planning on moving to Nova Scotia, but that would also be dependent on if we can arrange work there. So we're in the same boat, dropping everything here and taking the big leap of faith.

Our intention is to be in Canada on 1 Aug 2016.

• Like 1

Joo$y

All the Best Andre - Good luck

@CobusJ what date in Oct did you submit ur application and received ur AOR?

CobusJ

We submitted all our documents on the 12th of October, and also received AOR on the 12th. Medicals was passed on the 13th. Then background progress only started the 10th of March

• Like 1

jenkies01

Hi Everyone, hope you are doing well.

@Joo$y and @Druce yes we received passport request 17 March and with that paid our rprf. 31 March 2016 our passports are ready for collection with our PR visas!:D Whoooohoooo!

We are now busy selling everything. looking to fly first week in June.Good luck with your applications.

• Like 3

Druce

Thanks @jenkies01, really happy and excited for you! Cant wait for our turn :D

• Like 1

Joo$y

Well done Jenkies... Good Stuff!!!!

What date did you submit ur application though? It was paper based am I correct?

• Like 1

jenkies01

@Joo$y yip paper based, thank you we did receive it today, and safely hidden away.Application to CIC in was in July last year. SINP Nomination stream nov/dec 2014