Silvrav

New Here

Silvrav
6 minutes ago, WernerC said:

About proof of funds,  if you are a home owner,  you could use your house for proof of funds purposes.  And some people also used their retirement funds and provident funds from work successfully.

So you do have options..... 

Hi @WernerC is this now when I do CIC application for proof of funds that I will take with to Canada?

What is the goal here on canada side? to ensure they wont look after people that cant look after themselves?

• Like 1

@Silvrav, you are in good hands with the responses provided thus far. 

The Newbies immigration links thread under General as quoted by @WernerC has links to various helpful tips andtrickss from various seasoned forumites on here. It's a gold mine, you just need to be patient with the process as it could take a year or more sometimes less depending on the demand for your skills. 

One of the things that will frustrate you will be the obtaining of your unabridged birth and marriage certificates. 

You might as well begin that process now in parallel or do it when the baby is born as you would need to anyway. 

For proof of funds, you would need to show that you have the funds in an account for 6 months, so start putting the funds aside now. The proof of funds is required when you submit your EE application. If you leave it too late then you will just create too much stress and admin later on. 

You can have some of the funds now and accumulate the rest as you go through the process of collecting documents required. 

PS. Deepblue from Carbonite here. 

Edited by AshB

Silvrav

Thanks Guys. as per @PsyCLown post I google some more and it seems the below seems to be correct

1. Higher Education - University

2. FET - Seems to be training for certain jobs from what I can gather... Maybe Diploma and colleges as well? (Perhaps someone can clarify this?)

3. Secondary Education - Like High School in South Africa.

1 hour ago, Silvrav said:

Thanks Guys. as per @PsyCLown post I google some more and it seems the below seems to be correct

1. Higher Education - University

2. FET - Seems to be training for certain jobs from what I can gather... Maybe Diploma and colleges as well? (Perhaps someone can clarify this?)

3. Secondary Education - Like High School in South Africa.

FET  - is for trades colleges / diploma's.

Deifinition here: 

What is a FET College?

Public Further Education and Training (FET) colleges strive to provide high-quality education and training to help you equip yourself with the qualifications and skills you need to start out on a chosen career path. You will gain invaluable life skills to meet the many challenges of the working world with more than just a qualification on paper.

Edited by AshB

PsyCLown
On 2/9/2016 at 6:44 PM, AshB said:

FET  - is for trades colleges / diploma's.

Deifinition here: 

What is a FET College?

Public Further Education and Training (FET) colleges strive to provide high-quality education and training to help you equip yourself with the qualifications and skills you need to start out on a chosen career path. You will gain invaluable life skills to meet the many challenges of the working world with more than just a qualification on paper.

Sorry, I know this isn't my thread a bit off topic... Although for an IT Diploma it would probably fall under FET college then I guess.

Institutes such as Damlin and so forth will be FET? Only Diploma's from universities will be under higher education?

@Silvrav trying to move across, lots of South Africans are... Luckily most want to goto Aus and not Canada - seems as if the cold scares them away. :P

Nelline

OK I give up. Enlighten me - technological dinosaur that I am - what is Carbonite? @AshB? @WernerC?

"hi-jacking the thread I am!"

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Nelline said:

OK I give up. Enlighten me - technological dinosaur that I am - what is Carbonite? @AshB? @WernerC?

"hi-jacking the thread I am!"

Carbonite is a rare earth material on the periodic scale... ? 

Just kidding, it's a South African forum geared towards computers, computer games etc and the sale of used computer related products. 

25 minutes ago, AshB said:

Just kidding, it's a South African forum geared towards computers, computer games etc and the sale of used computer related products. 

Let me translate the above Geek speak @Nelline - It's a SA forum for nerds, where they get excited about things like overclocking computers etc. :lol:

(Ok I'm running for cover now because the geeks might get upset with my response, which is meant as a joke!) 

Edited by WernerC

Raquel
40 minutes ago, WernerC said:

Let me translate the above Geek speak @Nelline - It's a SA forum for nerds, where they get excited about things like overclocking computers etc. :lol:

(Ok I'm running for cover now because the geeks might get upset with my response, which is meant as a joke!) 

:D Jong! Playing with your life! 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Raquel said:

:D Jong! Playing with your life! 

I know. I'm sure somewhere, somebody is already plotting revenge to hack my e-mail account or something more sinister involving geek source code and the internet. :P

(Again it's a joke people!!!!) 

Nelline
2 hours ago, AshB said:

I knew about the first one @AshB... it is the 2nd that sounded like a sinister secret organisation for studying aliens or something! 

• Like 1

GrantM

Hey @Silvrav, please just don't fall into the trap that many of us have - me included.

I started researching immigrating to Canada and I was like, "this is pretty easy, degree - check, money - check, English skills - check" etc. I honestly was thinking that it would be a quick process and that it was more or less in my control. Well, I was wrong. The reason why I am mentioning it is when you mentioned that you would like to speed the process along - well, you can't. The process is bigger than all of us and you just gotto get in line and hurry up and wait :)

As a fellow Carb member (themank), I wish you the best of luck and if you want you can PM me and I can give you my cell number and we can chat via Whatsapp if you like.

• Like 4

Silvrav

Morning all....

Im back. After the start of this thread the wife decided she wanted to stay...

After an armed house robbery 2 weeks ago the wife now just wants to go so we back at it.

The next IELTS tests are only 2 June.

What else can i start doing?

We have started applying for documentations (like unabridged birth certificates etc)

Sarika

What an interesting thread... :D

Except the latest bit about the robbery, sorry to hear that. Hope that baba is doing well.

You can get your WES stuff done as well, and hurry up and wait :ilikeit:

Silvrav
2 hours ago, Sarika said:

What an interesting thread... :D

Except the latest bit about the robbery, sorry to hear that. Hope that baba is doing well.

You can get your WES stuff done as well, and hurry up and wait :ilikeit:

Excellent thanks! Baba doing well and luckily young enough not to be affect by it.

Will start with WES asap as well

With the July 2017 changes we only score about 340ish points now. Is this still good?

MaryJane
1 hour ago, Silvrav said:

With the July 2017 changes we only score about 340ish points now. Is this still good?

That’s quite a drop. :unsure: I can’t believe aging 2 years does that to your CRS points.... Might want to recalculate, just to check on that.

In any which case, welcome back.

Silvrav
1 hour ago, MaryJane said:

That’s quite a drop. :unsure: I can’t believe aging 2 years does that to your CRS points.... Might want to recalculate, just to check on that.

Think let me do it properly once we have all the documents.

So IELTS booked for June

Started WES, but DAM! can see this is going to be a challenge. to get our dept of education to send documents?? any advice?

Silvrav
Posted (edited)

Also please confirm IELTS to take is academic and not genera training? 

edit nvm... found it :)

must be the general training 

Edited by Silvrav

GrantM
On 4/11/2018 at 6:47 AM, Silvrav said:

Also please confirm IELTS to take is academic and not genera training? 

edit nvm... found it :)

must be the general training 

Hey man, good luck with the rest of the process!

Silvrav

Ok, hows this for bad luck...two of the places i did studies with has closed down...how on earth am i going to verify my qualifications now with WES?

Anyone had similar issue?

Silvrav
On 4/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, MaryJane said:

Dont know if i am selecting wrong but it seems correct :(

Not sure why it dropped so much. Going to see if i can get  my report of 2 years ago

image.png.56772eb441864942fcbd3c51ee76713d.png