Sign in to follow this  
Marelke Roux

PCC renewal

MaryJane

No harm in the re-issues. You don't need to send them just yet unless asked for. I think your aim is just to ensure that you have an up-to-date one if ever you are asked.

Druce

So I read this on https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx#How_long_is_my_Police_Certificate_valid_for?

How long is my Police Certificate valid for?

There is no set period of time for which the Police Certificate is considered to be valid. The Police Certificate is only truly accurate on the date of issue. Embassies, high commissions, consulates or other authorities will usually require you to produce a Police Certificate which has been issued less than six (6) months before your visa interview.

https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_FAQs.aspx#I_have_lost_my_Police_Certificate_or_I_need_an_additional_copy,_how_do_I_get_one?

I have lost my Police Certificate or I need an additional copy, how do I get one?

ACRO can provide an additional copy of your Police Certificate for a fee of £6.00. If you require an additional copy, please contact the ACRO Customer Services team.You must make this request within 3 months of submitting your application.

If you require another copy and 3 months have passed since you made your initial application, you will be required to submit a fresh application with supporting documentation and the full fee.

Please note that the additional Police Certificate will only show the original date of production, not the date that you requested the replacement copy. You may, therefore, wish to check that this will be accepted by the embassy, high commission, consulate or other authority before contacting ACRO.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So the 6 months on the UK PCC will have passed on 22 March 2016<_<

I will now have to redo the whole application, pay for couriers and the certificate, what a bummey. Or...I am thinking of just submitting it now via CSI (Case Specific Inquiry) to the VO in PTA as my file has been transferred there the beginning of this month.

What would you guys have done in this situation?

Edited by Druce
spelling

Druce

AAAAAALLLLLLLRIGHT, decided to get the re-issued PCC. 2 from SAP was easy, the one from UK not so much, had to redo the complete application, resend the documents and pay 99 Sterling Pounds (R2260.61).

Will keep you guys updated with the timeline of re issue of SAP PCC process.

jimmy

Has anyone renewed their SA PCC recently? I inquired about the process and got feedback from them (see below). We were at our local Police Station last week and we were told that all we need to renew is the proof of payment and a copy of the original.  Do you have to go through the whole finger print saga again? Is that what is meant by the "Application"? or is it just a case of applying for a new certificate at the police station because you cannot contact HQ directly anymore?

Capture.JPG

Edited by jimmy

PhilipCX

@jimmy did you come right with a renewal? Also has anyone submitted a "police clearance" gotten from entities who pulls it from the same database that SAPS uses? I think it is called IAFIS or something?

jimmy

@PhilipCX no not yet. We haven't had a chance to get to the police station yet. Will have to do that within the next week or 2

PhilipCX

@jimmyThanks for the feedback, we requested new ones again last week. It doesn't seem to make any difference if you've had one done before. Good luck with your trip and meeting.

• Like 1