Marelke Roux

PCC renewal

Marelke Roux

Hi guys, I just learned today you can have your PCC renewed if you received one less then 6 months ago.

Anyone know how I go about doing the application for a renewal?

I have been phoning and emailing CRC the whole day, to no avail I receive exactly NO feedback from them, not even answering their phones!

M-N

Police Clearance? As far as I know you'll need to got through the same process you did with the first one. We had to get a new PCC when we applied for our WP as our previous one expired. 

• Like 1

MaryJane

Patience, my dear. We know that they do not move as fast as we would like them to.

Just to confirm, here are their details:

Contact information: Tel South Africa (012) 393 3928
Tel International: 27 12 393 3928
Fax number South Africa (012) 393 3909
Fax number International 27 12 393 3909
E-mail addresses:

If you cannot get hold of them via phone or email, the other logical option might be physical visit?

The Head of the South African Criminal Record Centre
(For attention: Police Clearance Certificates)
Bothongo Plaza West
CRC Client Service Centre
1st Floor, Room 14
271 Francis Baard Street
PRETORIA

http://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php

I see you are quite far from Pretoria, so scrap the visit.

• Like 1

Marelke Roux

Yeah those are the numbers and email addresses I used. Will just have to keep at it. thanks!

The PCC process is a slow and sometimes frustrating one. Go to your local police station and ask what the renewal process is. They would be able to give you a faster response.

M-N

What @AshB said. It seems like it'll be quicker to reapply than to figure out how to renew it. 

MaryJane

Sorry, I'm gonna have to disagree there.

A PCC renewal does not involve fingerprinting and sending off the forms to Pretoria. All it requires is a request via email or telephone and CRC in Pretoria will re-issue the PCC. I think the only things they ask are full name and ID number, and they will check if the first PCC was done in the last 6 months.

A re-apply will be the same as an original application. Fingerprints at the police station and getting the original forms to Pretoria. This is definitely a longer wait time.

• Like 2

M-N
7 minutes ago, MaryJane said:

Sorry, I'm gonna have to disagree there.

A PCC renewal does not involve fingerprinting and sending off the forms to Pretoria. All it requires is a request via email or telephone and CRC in Pretoria will re-issue the PCC. I think the only things they ask are full name and ID number, and they will check if the first PCC was done in the last 6 months.

A re-apply will be the same as an original application. Fingerprints at the police station and getting the original forms to Pretoria. This is definitely a longer wait time.

Aaah, I see...:oops::) What @MaryJane said. :whistling:

• Like 1

No need to re-apply if the PCC is still valid and within the 6 months period from issue. The recommendation to visit the local police station would reveal what the RENEWAL process is and potentially efficient ways to renew.

Jester

Hi Marelke,

We've just done/are doing this actually, and should hopefully receive our re-issued certificates by this coming weekend. (They should be ready today hopefully according to CRC)

Here are the e-mail responses we received when querying how to do the re-issue from the e-mail address  <crc-nameclear@saps.gov.za>

Good morning

You need to make a new payment of R96 and email/fax proof of payment

We will request for the re-issue once received, this process takes 4 working days

DALEEN VAN OOSTRUM

271 FRANCIS BAARD STREET

BOTHONGO PLAZA WEST BUILDING

1ST FLOOR, ROOM 14

CLIENT SERVICE CENTRE

PRETORIA

And then after asking for more info,

Good morning

You can email a copy of either your SA Id or the old Police Clearance Certificate together with your proof of payment

The banking details are the same as on the website, see attached

Your Id nr or the PCC Enquiry nr will be your Reference nr

Just keep in mind, we can only re-issue your application if it is within 6 months, after 6 months you need to redo the process

DALEEN VAN OOSTRUM

271 FRANCIS BAARD STREET

BOTHONGO PLAZA WEST BUILDING

1ST FLOOR, ROOM 14

CLIENT SERVICE CENTRE

PRETORIA

We followed this advice, but when we initially called to follow up, we were told that we hadn't sent through proof of payment, which we had, but were then given another e-mail address and asked to send everything again to that one, which was crc.clearancecert@saps.gov.za We then received a reply from the same lady stating it was received, just from a different e-mail. 

I will let you know what we hear back from them today, 

They do take forever to answer their phones unfortunately, just a case of trying again and again.

BANK ACCOUNT.doc

POLICE CLEARANCE PROCEDURES.doc

Edited by Jester
Included attachments from Daleen
  • Like 4

MaryJane

@Jester - Sounds about right. Are you expecting the re-issued PCC in 10 days? Is that the current timeline still?

• Like 1

Jester

@MaryJane - According to them it currently takes 4 working days for the re-issue, as apparently they don't have too many of those requests coming through, so based on that ours should be ready today... We will be trying to get hold of them from when they open in about 10 minutes to find out haha :) 

• Like 1

MaryJane

Cool, @Jester! An even shorter timeline to the one I thought. I'll be holding thumbs you get it today then.

• Like 1

Jester

@MaryJane well apparently our re-issues are ready. I say apparently as they aren't in my hands just yet, still obviously need to collect them. 

• Like 2

Marelke Roux

Thank you so much Jester!

That is exactly the info I was looking for :D

• Like 1

Qrios1

I have tried this number of the Criminal Record Centre recently and it works. The others just seem to ring constantly

(012) 393 3928

• Like 1

reshie108

@Marelke Roux I did our PCC renewal today.

i drove to the CRC in Pretoria, on Francis Baard Street, showed them my current PCC which expires next week.

i paid R96 x2 cash, and they printed out the renewal certificates  immediately.

i was in and out in under 20 minutes.

Good Luck

• Like 5

Jester

I collected our re-issues this morning, took a little while for the gentleman to find them as the re-issues were separate from the other certificates, but nonetheless all sorted and certificates in hand :)

• Like 2

Marelke Roux

Thanks for the update! I have been able to make our applications. :D

Will be ready on the 16th! Hopefully..

Druce

So glad I saw this. Isn't the police clearance valid for a year?

I have UK ans SA police clearances, UK one dated 22/09/2015 and SA one dated 15/10/2015. There are no expiry dates on them and I read on CIC website that they are usually valid for a year?

I have not submitted the PCC yet as they were not ready at the time I submitted my application to CIC.

I do believe that I will gt MR and PCC request  in the next few weeks, so what should I do? Should I now request them to re-issue them or just submit these as they will still be valid?

MaryJane

Hi Druce, just a question. Are you sure that the PCC was not required to be sent in with the original application submission? I know you said it was not ready in your case, so I'm assuming you sent in some kind of explanation?

Re-issuance of PCC, based on others' experiences above, only takes minimum 4 days, possibly a maximum of 10 days. Your PCC is still 2 months valid. Personally I'd wait on the end of the 5th month to try and get it re-issued but that's just me. Taking into account that I have no idea when the PCC and MR requests are coming in. If the request does come through, I think you'll have some time to get everything (I think the norm might be 60 days). You can then decide when the request comes how close you are to the expiry of the PCC.

• Like 1

Druce

As per the document check list you can submit your application without the PCC but must request the PCC's as soon as possible (I also send the receipts with as proof that I have requested them) and be ready to submit it when requested. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf obtained from

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EP7TOC.asp#overview

Police Certificates and Clearances
You must get a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six or more months in a
row since the age of 18. You are strongly encouraged to submit your police certificates with your application to the
CIO. If you are unable to obtain all the necessary police certificates, you may still send your application to the CIO
without them. However, we strongly recommend that you take steps to obtain your police certificates
now
to avoid
future delays. You must be ready to submit them when requested by an officer.

Thank you for the information @MaryJane, from your answer I assume that they are only valid for 6 months then?

Edited by Druce
information added

MaryJane

Hi @Druce

I should probably rephrase. To be real technical about this, I would rather not confirm that the PCC is valid for 6 months. There are conflicting results but I've read on various websites that in general, it is likely valid for 12 months. SAPS website is deathly silent on this so I will take this info with a pinch of salt unless confirmed by somebody on the police force and/or CIC.

Do note that an expiry date is not contained on the certificate itself. Mine did not have this information. In fact, if I remember correctly, the PCC is just stamped with a date and does not say up to when it is valid for. I know some other countries' PCCs have validity dates on them.

I would rather say then that an issue may come up where CIC asks you to update PCCs. They may want them dated less than 3 months ago (or close to that date thereabouts). You are able to get a re-issuance before the 6th month is up from the SAPS. If you go over the 6 months, you have to re-apply like it's a new application. I think this is a telltale sign that 6 months is the magical timeline.

If you accept the 12-month validity, and you are asked for updated PCCs down the line, you will then go through applying as if you've applied for it the first time, which is a real schlep, from accepting that it has a 6-month validity. I see no hurt, aside from a phone call/email and an extra R96, to get it in less than 10 days, and you are sure you have an updated one in hand.

Hope this has not been too confusing and it helps you with your plight.

• Like 2

Druce

Hi @MaryJane,

Thank you for your detailed response. I will definitely follow your instructions (or what you would have done). I am going to wait until the 5th month and then get them re-issued.

I am just not sure about the UK PC (if they can re-issue it) but will read up on that one today and give you some feedback on it as well.

Once again, thank you for always responding with valuable facts and words of wisdom, highly appreciated you are;)

• Like 2

Robes

Thanks for this insightful information because we were wondering if we had to reapply since ours will expire soon and we wanted valid PCCs. Now we will try get them reissued.