Sign in to follow this  
JennyVee

UNISA and WES

JennyVee

Hi guys

Apologies in advance if this topic should have been placed under an existing discussion.

I'm in the process of applying for WES, and I need to get UNISA to send stuff off to them. Just wondering if anyone knows the magic number to call or department to contact? I've had so many hassles with UNISA over the last 5 years <_< and they're just so massive, that I'd like to go straight to the right place this time.

I saw on a couple threads that some people have physically visited their regional office, so I'm aware of that option, but if possible I'd like to just email and pay. If this is wishful thinking (and it probably is) then so be it. Off to UNISA I go. 

Thanks!

reshie108

hi there JennyVee

I went directly to UNISA regional offices.

they were quick and helpful.

Good luck with your application

FaithFUL

Hi JennieVee

I e-mailed UNISA and had to answer. I then decided to go to UNISA in Pmb (where I wrote exams) to get the information needed. Thank goodness I did, the chap I dealt with had NO idea what to do!

I walked out of there knowing that all the i's were dotted & the t's crossed as per strict WES instructions.

• Like 1

Looney

Hi there

I went to Parow and got the docs arranged.  I then sent the courier there to pick them up as the guy would not give them to me directly per WES's instructions.  I gave the courier the administrator's specific name to ask for. Good-luck!

Edited by Looney

JennyVee

Thanks reshie108, WannaB Expat and Looney! Good advice. Looks like I'll be heading out to Parow. 

3 hours ago, WannaB Expat said:

I walked out of there knowing that all the i's were dotted & the t's crossed as per strict WES instructions.

This is exactly the peace of mind I need.

KarinS

Has anybody managed to get documents from UNISA while in Canada? I emailed them 2 weeks ago and have sent reminders etc. The only response I had was some admin person who forwarded my email and asked for somebody to please handle my queries. That was the last I heard. I need transcripts to get to WES, but obviously it is not going to be a "walk in the park"!

MaryJane

Hi Karin

I did request my academic records after I arrived in Canada but I tell you it took so long... (I suppose SAPO postal strike also had to do something with it).

I used this form http://www.unisa.ac.za/contents/study/docs/myRegistration-Unisa-2015-forms-DSAR08.pdf

My request was not WES related though.

This might not help 100% but somebody else could perhaps add to this.  I hope you come right.

KarinS

Hi Mary Jane

Thanks - this certainly helps. I did not use this form. I just sent an email. I will forward the form as well.

I am organizing for courier pick-up - that is if they understand what I mean by that!

KarinS

I was just about to email the form and then noted that UNISA does not accept any forms submitted by email! Only Fax or post! Goodness - they should get with the programme!!

MaryJane

It probably would not hurt to send with a detailed instruction of what you want done. I emailed my form to somebody in SA and they faxed it through for me....

GrantM

Just email a friend in SA a signed letter explaining that you give the person permission to collect the records on your behalf along with a copy of your ID and they should release them to your friend. He/She must just make sure the envelope is sealed by UNISA and then get it couriered to WES. I have seen people comment that as long as it is sealed WES accept it.

• Like 1

Raquel

Oh my @KarinS, so much frustration! Hang in there my friend! If you need a South African hand PM me! :D

Qrios1

When I needed UNISA to send my academic transcript I only sent a mail with the document that MJ attached as well as the WES document.  UNISA also needs a copy of your ID and obviously your student number must reflect on the form. It took 2 weeks and a couple of follow up mails before someone responded. They then used snail mail to send all this off your WES and all was fine. I dealt with a guy called Neil Hector email- hectonl@unisa.ac.za as well as study-info@unisa.ac.za/ infoservices@unisa.ac.za and after two weeks another lady asked if I was assisted. 

graciax452

UNISA has such issues right not it's unreal, their new system does not work. I emailed 4th of Jan got deputy registrar to send it on to registration to get it done, got a person saying they would do it then silence! Been waiting and just get emails from people escalating it but no actual work is done. Think i might actually go to Pretoria tomorrow after all, in Johannesburg they could not hep me because they had no envelopes or stamps... sigh :(  It's so far to drive, WES has my docs from Rhodes already... just waiitng on UNISA

tarinerk

The best way to do this is to go to Unisa and personally make sure they do it correctly. You have to go to the Fernside campus in Pretoria, NOT main campus.

Eskia Mphahlele building, Registration Hall A, First floor, Mr Nkambule's office.

Take every document you can think of,  a lot of patience and a friendly attitude!!!

Good luck!

Jeanne-M

Hi tarinerk,

Why shouldn't one go to main campus? I collected my husband's academic transcript from the Graduations department on the 5th floor of the O.R. Tambo building on main campus a few weeks ago and sent it off to WES. Now I'm worried that I sent the wrong papers... :unsure: Has anyone else done the same thing?  

tarinerk

Hi.

I did this late last year, as instructed by the Alumni department. If you got the transcripts on the letterhead with all the WES specifications, then all is good! @Jeanne-M.;-) 

• Like 1

reshie108

@graciax452

best bet with Unisa is to go there yourself.

I went to the sunnyside campus, filled and stamped the forms, sealed the envelopes, and posted them off to WES.

I had no issues.

Good luck

• Like 1

Jeanne-M

Thanks @tarinerk!

graciax452

Ended up going last Monday, took a while because they were busy, had to wait for the one guy to go upstairs with him find envelopes to stamp etc, but got it done. Finally. Now to wait.