Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSW) 2016

MaryJane

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/quebec-makes-important-updates-to-selection-process-for-skilled-worker-immigration-05-01-16.html

Some important updates on the QSW program. The intake period will take place on January 18, 2016 to March 31, 2016. There are 2800 spots and applications are made online (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/index.html)

FAQs with regards online applications - http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/faq.html

Fees at the time of posting:

Application fee for a CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) - C$773 for main applicant, C$166 for each accompanying family member

• Like 1

Ydean Hartzenberg

Thanks MJ. Always look forward to your posts.

Would it be worth investigating, even if I can only say 3 words in French?

FaithFUL

Yes, if you've got the extra funds to apply then go for it! I'm sure you'll pick up French quite quickly :grad:

MaryJane

If you qualify for the rest of the requirements, why not? As far as I know, French isn't mandatory for the QSW application.

As for actually ending up in Quebec, some French might be necessary for day to day living.

Having said that, my relative in Montreal has been there for more than 20 years and she doesn't speak French at all.

• Like 1

reshie108

Hi there

French is not a requirement for the Quebec nominee programme.

I also read that they want to create a more diversified community so they are looking for people that don't speak French...

its worth a try to apply......good luck :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Nelline

Definitely apply!!

You don't need French so as long as you meet the rest of the requirements... you're good to go. Plus French is fairly easy to pick up and you'll be able to take classes...

• Like 1

PsyCLown

What are the requirements to know whether it is worth while applying or not?

I found this: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=enhowever I am not sure how up to date it is and whether it is still applicable and accurate?

MaryJane

What are the requirements to know whether it is worth while applying or not?

I found this: http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=enhowever I am not sure how up to date it is and whether it is still applicable and accurate?

It should be up to date. It's from the official Quebec Immigration website.

Here's the summary grid of factors and criteria used for the selection in Quebec which will show you the points that you get for:

• your schooling (your level of education and area of training)
  • your work experience
  • your age
  • your knowledge of French and English
  • your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident
  • having a valid employment offer (this applies only if you have received a job offer that meets certain conditions from a Québec employer.)
  • characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, if applicable
  • other factors that will be taken into account: the number of children under the age of 19 who will be accompanying you to Québec
  • your capacity for financial self-sufficiency (you must sign a contract confirming your commitment to provide for your needs and your family’s needs for at least the first three months following your arrival in Québec).

Unfortunately, it's in French but it's easy to follow. This was released on Aug 5, 2015. There might be a new one with the new intake but so far they have not said anything.

Information from http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/index.html

• Like 1

MaryJane

The intake for Quebec has been postponed. Intake now stands from February 16, 2016 to March 31, 2016. Please take note of the following important dates if you are interested in applying this route:

• Candidates have until 25 January, 2016 to create their account in the secure space Mon projet Québec. After this date, it will not be possible to create a new account for the upcoming application intake period.
  • Between January 26 and February 15, 2016, candidates who have a Mon projet Québec account may access it to complete the application for a Quebec Selection Certificate/certificat de selection du Québec (CSQ).
  • As of February 16, 2016, it will be possible to submit an application and pay the required fees. The application intake period will end on March 31, 2016 at the latest.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/mon-projet-quc-new-date-announced-for-beginning-of-submission-period-for-skilled-immigration-to-quebec-canada-13-01-2016.html

• Like 1

FaithFUL

Brushing up on my French, thank goodness Google is multi-lingual!

We don't qualify but I'm a curious person & wanted to see what the Quebec online application looks like. Seems like it's not quite up & running yet or it is bogged down with applicants trying to create their profiles.

Capture.PNG

MaryJane

Quebec Plans to Reopen Skilled Worker Immigration Program in May or June

The Ministère de l'Immigration, de la Diversité et de l'Inclusion (MIDI), the government ministry overseeing immigration to Quebec, Canada, is planning on reopening the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) in May or June of this year. The MIDI disclosed this information at a meeting with stakeholders on February 8, 2016.

Consequently, it is expected that there will be at least two application intake periods for the QSWP in 2016. It was previously unknown whether or not the QSWP would reopen for a second time this year.

This latest immigration news from Quebec is perhaps the most significant to come from the province over recent months. The MIDI has made a number of changes to its procedures and processes over the past year, including the removal of the time-consuming adaptability interview and modifications to the area of training factor. These changes have largely been welcomed by individuals and families interested in immigrating to Canada through the QSWP.

However, the upcoming application intake periods may be the last of their kind. Currently, the QSWP operates on a come, first-served basis. Quebec’s Minister of Immigration recently proposed a bill that, if passed, would likely result in Quebec implementing an economic immigration system similar to the Express Entry system currently used by the government of Canada, whereby candidates must make an ‘Declaration of Interest’ before being invited to apply based on their credentials.

Some interesting updates happening to Quebec in the near future. Looks like Quebec will be following some other provinces with regards Declaration of Interest.

Carine

Hi,

I was looking at the Quebec Immigration page and it looks like they might have another intake before March 2018.

Does anyone know more about this, because it seems they're still doing it the first-come-first-served way...

Is this wishful thinking?

Piper

I live in Québec and there are definitely a lot of people here who can’t speak French! 

Wolverine
4 hours ago, Carine said:

Hi,

I was looking at the Quebec Immigration page and it looks like they might have another intake before March 2018.

Does anyone know more about this, because it seems they're still doing it the first-come-first-served way...

Is this wishful thinking?

Not sure about this, but when/if it does open, it always crashes almost instantly, so many people are waiting to submit their application.

Piper

To anybody who cares; here is the link to learning French for free in Quebec: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/FrenchSpellsSuccess/index.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxInG3pqM2QIVBbXACh3UOw5qEAAYASAAEgKPLfD_BwE.

A lot of the classes have allowances for participation, transportation and child care expenses. I attend the 4 hour a week course and feel I get good value for my tax money.

poorguy

@Piper it's my long term goal to become semi fluent in French, to gain a competitive edge I guess. I have 0 knowledge of French though haha. Has it been difficult? Easy to pick up?

Piper
1 hour ago, poorguy said:

@Piper it's my long term goal to become semi fluent in French, to gain a competitive edge I guess. I have 0 knowledge of French though haha. Has it been difficult? Easy to pick up?

It’s getting over the first hump that’s hard, but then it becomes a lot easier once you’ve pushed through. I’m also doing it to gain a competitive edge. Basically all federal government jobs across Canada require French.