''Cheeky Nando's'' Impressive list of Achievements

M-N

Love it. We have one you the road from our office. Got my boss hooked on Nandos sauce. And they love the first of too.

MaryJane

Them Brits and me too. I love Nandos!

I read that Prime Minister David Cameron surprised patrons when he showed up to eat in at Nandos Bristol one time.

Yss Nandos is da bomb! Pity is few and far between in Canada...and I investigated the option to open up a Nando's in my home town here and guess what? They are not accepting anymore franchisee's! :censored:

Edited by AshB

MaryJane

There's another one hatching in Mississauga soon :P

Hmmm need to find out how they managed to do that!

There's another one hatching in Mississauga soon :P

Jules

Yss Nandos is da bomb! Pity is few and far between in Canada...and I investigated the option to open up a Nando's in my home town here and guess what? They are not accepting anymore franchisee's! :censored:

That's odd because I was under the impression they wanted to grow in Canada. I recently saw poster boards at Aldershot GO station advertising a location in Burlington - not sure if it's a new branch or not. Also saw a job advertised on LinkedIn looking for a new marketing director and the posting seemed to imply that Nandos Canada was growing.

Click here: https://www.nandos.ca/contact and you will see it kinda rudely states that no new franchise requests are being accepted...and that position is not going to change...

Now that is rather strange considering all new branches they opened recently...maybe these branches are being run / managed by their existing franchisee's :(

Edited by AshB

Click here: https://www.nandos.ca/contact and you will see it kinda rudely states that no new franchise requests are being accepted...and that position is not going to change...

Now that is rather strange considering all new branches they opened recently...maybe these branches are being run / managed by their existing franchisee's :(

Correct AshB, Nando's currently only accepting new franchise applications in South Africa and Australia: https://www.nandos.com/faq

I know a few years ago Nando's purchased back all their Master Franchise agreements, including Canada. Most large and successful franchisors prefer ownership of multiple; two to three franchise units by a single person / entity. You'll find that a few franchisors planning to expand, offer existing successful franchise owners first dibs on new franchise stores. This also forms part of the franchisor / franchisee agreement. One can understand why franchisors vehemently protect their franchise business name, not good for business if they constantly have new franchise locations closing down. For them it's better the successful franchisee they know.

As I always say, never give up on your dream! I've yet to see a fast food take out / franchise that's not doing well in Canada.

Jules

Could be what Lawrence mentioned where a group a master franchise holders are protecting their turf with the blessing of Nandos corporate. All future growth would be via the existing group of master franchise holders. Other possibility is that Nandos Canada is owning and building the new branches without a franchise holder as a middle man.