Sign in to follow this  
Hfb

Background check before eligibility review?

Hfb

Where is this application? Details Help Application/profile status Open icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png Review of eligibility Review in Progress icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png Review of medical results Passed icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png A background check is needed In Progress icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png Final decision Not Started icon-help-aide-bl-40x40.png

Does it make sense that background starts before eligibility review finishes? It seems that 'medical results passed' and 'background check in progress' both changed now with the same update, just slightly concerned that the eligibility review is not finished yet.

Hfb

before posting it the info was still in a table, now it looks all messed up. If you read it in order you can still see what's going on though

MaryJane

Hi Hfb

It is apparently perfectly normal.

Had a look at a few posts on Canadavisa and most applicants talk about the steps not being sequential. Eligibility review almost remain "in progress" until the very end.

Hfb

Thanks MaryJane!

Would be great if I knew they thought I was eligible already.

M-N

I can confirm it's normal. The background check is part of the eligibility review as a criminal record can make you ineligible for PR.

• Like 1

Sideline

To be honest it seems that you are looking for reasons to stress yourself out. These things have no rhyme or reason. You go with the flow. If they were going to reject you, you would know soon enough.

No news is good news! Take that as gospel in the case of immigration to Canada.

It's a very well run government department that always seems fractured, non sensible and certainly out of order. If they want something they let you know, if not they don't. The more 'nothing' you hear the better it is for you.

So STOP OBSESSING! And enjoy Christmas and the new year.

You are going to have far more stress to deal with when you get that final positive outcome decision, so for now enjoy the calm before the storm.

• Like 3

Hfb

Thanks guys. I realise I sound obsessive but was really just curious if it meant that the rest of my information seems to pass an eligibility check if they start moving on to a background check.

"You are going to have far more stress to deal with when you get that final positive outcome decision, so for now enjoy the calm before the storm. "

Sideline, I do hope it's the opposite. I'm already in Canada on a WP. So currently I'm more concerned about my WP extension application that has been processing since September 3. You'd think an extension would be a no-brainer but a colleague that started working a month before me had her extension turned down for some frivolous reason and they made her reapply for a LMIA so she's hanging around in Canada unemployed for a few months pending a brand new application.

Meanwhile they're flying in thousands of refugees and handing them PR cards at the border, but medical professionals have to jump through hoops and wait over four months just to extend their work permits.

In other news I still have to pay for travel medical insurance in my 4th month of temporary residence (even though I'm billing for services rendered from the same provincial health insurer). I don't have health care because I've been waiting four months for a work permit extension, and you need a permit that is valid for more than 6 months to qualify for coverage. They don't seem to mind that you pay full taxes in the meantime though.

Sorry that was a bit of a rant and entirely off topic. Enjoy your Christmas and new year too!

Edited by Hfb
  • Like 2

Sideline, I do hope it's the opposite. I'm already in Canada on a WP. So currently I'm more concerned about my WP extension application that has been processing since September 3. You'd think an extension would be a no-brainer but a colleague that started working a month before me had her extension turned down for some frivolous reason and they made her reapply for a LMIA so she's hanging around in Canada unemployed for a few months pending a brand new application.

Thank you for explaining Hfb, understandable why you a little more stressed about your situation. Here's hoping you hear good news soon and that your WP extension allows your life to return to normal in Canada!

Nettie

Oh, I know how the wait can get to you. I went through this last year with another provincial agency. I was already in Canada and something that was supposed to take 72 hrs turned into three months of me not being able to work yet.

Being a medical professional you will probably get it, it is just the wait until you can work, right? I literally jumped up and down when I got the go-ahead.

Good luck to you and your family!