Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Provincial Nominee Programs 2016

MaryJane

Things to note for if you are thinking of any PNP applications for 2016:

Alberta - AINP streams seem to require job offers for applications.

British Columbia - Skills Immigration and EE BC streams - have own provincial ITA draw system - currently mostly accepting applicants who are in the health care industry - $550 application fee.

Manitoba - streams remain open - have own provincial EOI and ITA draw system - no need for a job offer but require applicant to have strong ties in Manitoba.

New Brunswick - streams remain open - no job offer required but applicants require to either have connection in NB or attended an NBPNP info session - $250 application fee.

Newfoundland and Labrador - streams remain open - applicants need job offers or a Canadian graduate - $250 application fee.

Northwest Territories - offices currently closed for the holidays but streams seem to remain open - applicants require job offers from prospective employer.

Nova Scotia - NS Demand Express Entry - does not require job offer to apply but need to be in one of NS target occupations.

Ontario - cap has been reached, no longer issuing EOI at the moment - do not require a job offer but need to be invited and applicants do need to have CRS score of 400 and above at all times during the application process. Other streams remain open - $1500 application fee.

PEI - unclear whether quota reached - no job offer required.

Saskatchewan - SINP InDemand and SINP EE are currently closed - no job offer required but there is a list of eligible professions.

Yukon - unclear whether quota reached - job offer required for application.

Quebec - Regular Skilled Workers Program - no job offer required - $779 principal applicant, $167 for spouse and each dependent.

This is just a summarized version of all PNPs. It's not complete since there's not even a discussion about points, education, experience and all fee requirements. If you are interested in any particular PNP stream, do make sure to triple check the requirements to see if you meet them all.

Be ready for 2016, guys!

Please add to this if there are misleading information.

Contact the provinces - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Quebec - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/Quebec/index.asp

• Like 7

Wolverine

Thanks MJ. Very useful.

Raquel

Thank you MJ! :) you have already changed some peeps lives! ❤️

Jester

Thanks for that!

MaryJane

An update on Quebec is that online application system will be available earlier than the intake period. Applicants who are interested may submit their application online from January 5, 2016.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/the-quebec-skilled-worker-program-online-application-system-mon-projet-quc-will-be-accessible-as-of-january-5th-2016-23-12-2015.html

Saskatchewan has filled its quota of 500 spots that quick again.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/saskatchewan-express-entry-sub-category-reaches-application-intake-threshold-22-12-2015.html

MaryJane

An update on Nova Scotia Demand: Express Entry (which is the stream that did not require a job offer, referred on first post above):

This stream has temporarily paused accepting new applications. It is slated to re-open sometime late 2016.

Notice on NS website - https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

Another source - http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/nova-scotia-introduces-e-processing-for-most-immigration-applications-and-temporarily-halts-new-applications-for-nova-scotia-demand-express-entry-stream.html

MaryJane

Do I even have to mention this?

Saskatchewan opened all its PNP streams today (Jan 4), but unfortunately, Occupations-In-Demand stream capped out within hours. :oops:

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/saskatchewan-international-skilled-workers-occupations-in-demand-sub-category-caps-out-within-hours-of-reopening-04-01-16.html

• Like 1

Raquel

Do I even have to mention this?

Saskatchewan opened all its PNP streams today (Jan 4), but unfortunately, Occupations-In-Demand stream capped out within hours. :oops:

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/saskatchewan-international-skilled-workers-occupations-in-demand-sub-category-caps-out-within-hours-of-reopening-04-01-16.html

Oh wow - a few hours???

PsyCLown

That really sucks considering what I do is in-demand there! Aww man!

They have soo many jobs in demand actually, mainly trade work though. Regardless they should maybe try get more than just a mere 500 spots. :P

MaryJane

Saskatchewan actually does. If last year was anything to go by, they're good to have another 500 spots soon and then cap out, and another 500 and cap out, and.... Well you get the idea.

The trick here is to be ready when the time happens. I believe it is an online application so it makes it easy for applicants but it also makes the process competitive.

The good news is that Saskatchewan's EE stream is still open but you'll need to have an Express Entry account to apply for if and score 60 on their points system.

JeLiJa

Does anyone know what Ontarios cap is? Worried we apply and pay the extra funds and there is no point.

CilliersC

Mary Jane has some really good information on OOPNP caps and how they work here : http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19537-ee-and-oopnp-advice-needed-please/#entry148925

Edited by CilliersC
  • Like 1

FaithFUL

The good news is that Saskatchewan's EE stream is still open but you'll need to have an Express Entry account to apply for if and score 60 on their points system.

The EE stream is also limited to the in-demand occupations, which is :badidea: for me.

MaryJane

This door is now closed.

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/saskatchewans-express-entry-sub-category-reaches-intake-cap-two-days-after-reopening-06-01-16.html

PsyCLown

Sweat mother of pearl!

Saskatchewan is popular, I guess it appeals to a lot of people due to how many shortages of certain fields there is there?

If you do not have any ties to Saskatchewan, you only have 10 points which you can afford to lose though...

MaryJane

Sweat mother of pearl!

Saskatchewan is popular, I guess it appeals to a lot of people due to how many shortages of certain fields there is there?

If you do not have any ties to Saskatchewan, you only have 10 points which you can afford to lose though...

Actually PNPs that don't require job offers tend to be more popular because these are the streams that most applicants (outside of Canada) can get into with the least effort involved. Now this does not mean it's easy sailing and no work required. It has more to do with the high number of applicants outside of Canada and EE proving to be restrictive for them (because of the high points in the draws) at the moment.

Take Saskatchewan as an example. All streams opened at the same time. But the first 2 that caps out are the ones that did not need job offers and could be applied to by applicants outside of Canada (because it's now online).

We might see a shift this year though, who knows?

So if you do plan to go PNP route, then as mentioned before, you better be ready with your pack. :boxing: Best of luck!

• Like 4

Eloff's

Hi Mj

Thank you for the updates. Is their any way to predict when the PNP for Saskatchewan will open again.

Or maybe is their some way to track news on Sask PNP. Like you said above need to be ready to submit at a moments notice.

Thanks again.

MaryJane

Is their any way to predict when the PNP for Saskatchewan will open again.

No. Not that I know of anyway.

Or maybe is their some way to track news on Sask PNP.

You can subscribe to Canadavisa's newsletters. (www.canadavisa.com) Canadavisa seems to be on the ball with updates. However, I'm not sure if the email comes immediately or generated at night.

I normally just troll the internet and if I see something, I post it here.

• Like 2

PMC2013

Hi Mj

Thank you for the updates. Is their any way to predict when the PNP for Saskatchewan will open again.

Or maybe is their some way to track news on Sask PNP. Like you said above need to be ready to submit at a moments notice.

Thanks again.

Hi Eloff

We applied for SINP in December 2015, applied on the 16th and nomination received on the 22nd...

We initially tried to apply for SINP but the cap was reached in a few days so you have to be ready

We had filled in all forms and had them scanned in and did the same with other personal documents

Also keep your proof of funds statements updated

I bookmarked this link and check it atleast once every few days.. Good luck

http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/sinp-important-notices

• Like 1

PMC2013

Wow that must be the fastest nomination I've seen. Congrats. :ilikeit:

Thanks Raquel, yeah that was super quick... We're thrilled that we didn't have to wait long and that means we can get our ITA in the next draw.. Just waiting on our police clearance... How long did your police clearance take?

Congrats PMC2013! Raquel is correct, that nomination is quick. :holy:

Thanks Lawrence... So happy to finally have our process moving forward...

Timmie23

Thanks Raquel, yeah that was super quick... We're thrilled that we didn't have to wait long and that means we can get our ITA in the next draw.. Just waiting on our police clearance... How long did your police clearance take?

Thanks Lawrence... So happy to finally have our process moving forward...

Police clearance seems to take up to a few weeks/months. It all depends.

If you want to hurry, I think use someone like DocAssist.

Raquel

Thanks Raquel, yeah that was super quick... We're thrilled that we didn't have to wait long and that means we can get our ITA in the next draw.. Just waiting on our police clearance... How long did your police clearance take ...

Police clearances take 6 weeks via a police station, however you can do the finger prints at a police station and take it to Pretoria yourself or use Doc Assist, which is a lot quicker.