Sign in to follow this  
M&S

PR card

M&S

Hi,

Has anyone received their PR card recently? If yes, how long did it take from when you arrived?

M&S

Nelline

It was about 7 weeks for us but I've heard from others it is more usual to be about 3 months.

• Like 1

AshB's took 3 months, I'm still waiting because apparently there was a problem with the photos. So I had to have new photos taken and sent to them.... We arrived end July.

A PR card is only issued once you have a permanent address. You would have had to provide this to CIC via the CIC website so that they can mail it to you.

Max time to issue should be around 3 months unless there are issues.

The same applies to your health cards.

Edited by AshB

GrantM

AshB's took 3 months, I'm still waiting because apparently there was a problem with the photos. So I had to have new photos taken and sent to them.... We arrived end July.

Exactly the same happened with us, the wife's came after 3 months and mine was rejected because of a scratch on the photo so had to have new photos done up and sent off. From then it took a little over 2 weeks to get my card. We landed early June. Edited by GrantM
  • Like 1

M&S

Thank you. We might get ours in a month's time then.

Claire T

We are still waiting for ours.

There was a glitch in the system and they didn't record our permanent address when we landed (May 1st). I guess I will have to follow up again, soon and see what the issue is...

Qrios1

Hi there everyone. We got an update today on our PR cards. It appears the provided photos did not meet the required specifications. We will have to resubmit photos within 60 days. Just a question, are the two photos submitted to VFS during PPR, the same photos needed for the PR cards? If that's the case then there are discrepancies between the mail we received and the PR photo requirements. We will now have to retake the photos and courier them again and wait another couple of weeks - EISH. Has someone been through this recently? Assistance, would be greatly appreciated and a potential warning. Thanks peeps

On the PPR it listed:

Photograph Specifications

TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

·         Immigration photographs are NOT the same as passport photographs.

·         Two recent photographs of each family member will be required.

·         Do not write on the back of the photographs.  Use labelled envelopes to identify individual family members.

Notes to the photographer

The photographs must:

·         show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;

·         have a plain white background;

·         be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera.

The  photographs must:

·         measure between 25 mm and 35 mm (1” and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;

·         have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 ¾”) finished size.

On the IRCC and the letter of today it lists:

Your photos must be:

• Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo. What is an altered photo?
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)

The back of one photo must include:

• the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken

The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable

JeffH
38 minutes ago, Qrios1 said:

Hi there everyone. We got an update today on our PR cards. It appears the provided photos did not meet the required specifications. We will have to resubmit photos within 60 days. Just a question, are the two photos submitted to VFS during PPR, the same photos needed for the PR cards? If that's the case then there are discrepancies between the mail we received and the PR photo requirements. We will now have to retake the photos and courier them again and wait another couple of weeks - EISH. Has someone been through this recently? Assistance, would be greatly appreciated and a potential warning. Thanks peeps

On the PPR it listed:

TAKE THIS WITH YOU TO THE PHOTOGRAPHER

·         Immigration photographs are NOT the same as passport photographs.

·         Two recent photographs of each family member will be required.

·         Do not write on the back of the photographs.  Use labelled envelopes to identify individual family members.

Notes to the photographer

The photographs must:

·         show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;

·         have a plain white background;

·         be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera.

The  photographs must:

·         measure between 25 mm and 35 mm (1” and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;

·         have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 ¾”) finished size.

On the IRCC and the letter of today it lists:

Your photos must be:

• Taken by a commercial photographer.
  • 50 mm wide X 70 mm high (2 inches wide x 2- 3/4 inches long) and sized so the height of the face measures between 31 mm (1- 1/4 inches) and 36 mm (1- 7/16 inches) from chin to crown of head (natural top of head).
  • Clear, sharp and in focus.
  • Taken with a neutral facial expression (eyes open and clearly visible, mouth closed, no smiling).
  • Taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, glare or flash reflections.
  • Taken straight on, with face and shoulders centred and squared to the camera (i.e. the photographs must show the full front view of the person’s head and shoulders, showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph).
  • Taken in front of a plain white background with a clear difference between your face and the background. Photos must reflect/represent natural skin tones.
  • Original photos that are not altered in any way or taken from an existing photo. What is an altered photo?
  • Reflect your current appearance (taken within the last six months)
  • Professionally printed on plain, high quality photographic paper (photos printed at home and photos printed on heavy weight paper are not acceptable)

The back of one photo must include:

• the subject’s name and date of birth
  • the name and complete address of the photography studio
  • the date the photograph was taken

The photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable

I had a similar situation when applying for one of my Visas (PRTD). I followed those instructions to the T only to chuck those photos in the bin and have to take new ones when pitching up at VFS in Pretoria. 

The first time I saw this request for the 50 x 70 was for that Visa so my advice would be to use the first format i.e. 35x45 as that is what they will use for the PR Card. 

That said, who knows... different people have different ideas.. they had to phone around when I was there as if I was the first person to show up with 50x70 (even though the requirements explicitly state 50x70). 

My advice, send both formats and let them choose....

CarelG

So it seems that there are 3 different sets of photos required for the whole PR journey then:

35mm x 45m with a 31mm to 36mm chin to crown for PR application after ITA

50mm x 70mmm with a 31mm to 36mm chin to crown for PPR

35mm x 45mm again, but with 25mm to 35mm chin to crown 

???

Qrios1

Thanks @gripen and @CallieMarie 

I will jwil just send both sets. On the ones we sent to VFS it was the smaller size but we didn't write on the back of the photos. 

I would be interested to know what size @Ribsy submitted as I think there was also an issue with the size of the photo? Going to get it sorted out this weekend. 

Ribsy
On ‎2017‎/‎03‎/‎08 at 6:55 PM, Qrios1 said:

Thanks @gripen and @CallieMarie 

I will jwil just send both sets. On the ones we sent to VFS it was the smaller size but we didn't write on the back of the photos. 

I would be interested to know what size @Ribsy submitted as I think there was also an issue with the size of the photo? Going to get it sorted out this weekend. 

We submitted 50mm x 70mm for the PR visa. 

• Like 1

logan

Any advice on which photographer to use?