Sign in to follow this  
ryan01

Express Entry Online Apllication Glitches.

ryan01

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since I was on the forum but it is good to be back. Those of you who know a little about our background and situation know we are in the begining process of our EE PR aplication and without family, friends or financial support are going it alone. Which is a little scary I might add.

Yesterday we registered a MyCIC account and started to fill in the EE profile. I seem to have a couple of problems on a few of the sections, for example it will ask you for City/Town and there is nothing to select in the box, and one is unable to type anything into it either. Then when you Save and Exit it shows in the top right corner that the section is in progress.

Has anyone had the same problems? I have signed out and back in again with the smae result.

I also need advice on a few questions, like when they ask for the amount of funds one will bring with, we are here in Canada and working, we have no funds in SA. What does one put in?

We are nervous that we put in the incorrect information and all our hard work and effort is for noting and we have to go back to SA in the end.

Please assist were you all can it will be greatly appreciated, and thank you all in advance.

ryan01

I apologize, my spelling and typing skills are terrible :blush:

MaryJane

Hi Ryan!

Can't help much with the EE site but for the proof of funds, are you applying as a CEC applicant who's got arranged employment and LMIA? If so, as far as I know, you don't need to prove funds. Although I've heard certain cases where they have asked to see proof.

You should not be subject to the proof of funds threshold that FSW applicants (with no job offers) have to fulfil.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

M-N

Hey Ryan. With respect to the website glitches, have you tried using a different browser? I also know that every time I logged out and then in again it would mark the areas is "incomplete". So I just go in, check it ans save it again.

Regarding the proof of funds. I just put down what we had in Canada as we were also applying from Canada side. Put down what you think, as long as you can prove you have that much available.

I also thought being on a LMIA you don't have to provide proof but I have a suspicion this is just if you've apply under CEC. I think FSW they still ask for proof.

This is just my experience.

Edited by M-N

ryan01

Thanks M-N and MaryJane for the quick reply,

I have tried a different browser and it seems to be a lot better than what I was experiencing earlier.

with regard to the proof of funds, we have been here over a year now and i have been working for over a year for the same employer on my work permit, i will get a new job offer from them in the next couple of weeks to upload in our application but for now it is just the EE profile we are filling out. Even though I state that I have a job offer, it asks how many people are in my family including myself, and then asks for amount of funds to support us over here?

I am a little confused, we only have about $1000.00 in savings, will this be sufficient? you would think so if we are working and have been here self supportive for over a year now.

I anticipate a more in depth application questionaire but we are finding just the profile quite tricky.

M-N

Are you applying under the CEC or FSW stream. If you've been here for over a year, you'll qualify for the CEC. I know Neline and her family applied for that and as far as I can remember they didn't have to show proof of funds. We had to because we applied before our first year under the FSW. Can't remember if there's a place you select the stream you want to apply under.

MaryJane

Regarding the proof of funds. I just put down what we had in Canada as we were also applying from Canada side. Put down what you think, as long as you can prove you have that much available.

I agree with M-N here.

If you are eligible for CEC, just put whatever amount you have as funds. If you are applying under FSW then you need to fulfill the threshold.

See this thread - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-proof-of-funds-t290732.0.html

It's a bit murky because some of the posters were bickering but check reply #8 where the poster mentions that he's put in $2k and he was eligible for CEC. When he put in $15k, he became eligible for CEC and FSW.

Nelline

Even though we were applying under CEC, Under proof of funds in the questionnaire we still put the required amount down for a family of 3, as when we put down $0 the end result was "we didn't qualify"

However when we submitted our documents, under proof of funds, we uploaded a copy of my husband's work permit, LMIA, letter of employment and a covering letter pointing out that we are both living and working here full-time and as such do not need to submit proof of funds. Combine these into one pdf file though. I know it sounds a bit overkill but I'd rather be safe than sorry,

I think it is a "system glitch" to ask for people under the CEC to provide proof of funds and the above "patch" worked and was never questioned by CIC.

• Like 1