Sign in to follow this  
Tracey22

How long for results from the medicals

Tracey22

Question for the newbies: How long does it take to get correspondence from CIC on the results of your medicals. i have read a few posts, and it seems it can be weeks or months.

Also, how long did it take from doing your medicals to getting the passport request for visas?

Sideline

The average advice is usually wait 2 weeks (on occasion a month) after medicals then drop CIC a little reminder email that medicals were completed on X date and confirmed by the doctor as uploaded on Y date. You just want to follow up to ensure that they did in fact recurve the results.

This seems to prod them and a passport request happens within days of this friendly enquiry. :)

• Like 1

KarinS

I am pleased that you raised this topic, but not sure if it refers to Express Entry pre-loaded medicals as well? I have been a bit worried (but then I worry about every little thing regarding this application!), since we already submitted our EE application at the beginning of August and our medical is still on "Being Reviewed" or something like that. Alan has an immune system disease called sarcoidosis which is a concern. It did not stop us from getting accepted by Australia, but every country is different. I saw that a quite a few of you got your medical approvals very soon after submitting, so jumped to conclusions and started googling frantically to see if people have been turned down due to this condition......I did not find any answers..."sigh" - I can be so neurotic!!

Based on our experience, it took one month for the medicals received line to be updated on the system and another month for passport requests. For CIC to receive the results it takes 2 weeks using electronic submission...but this is also dependent on whether the person being assessed has complications / special requirements based on the medical doctor examining you.

Helanie

Our timeline is as below - It took about 1 week and a few days for the 3rd line to be updated on the Ecas system. From there onwards - we waited quite sometime for the passport requests. I think there might be / was a massive backlog at Pretoria...

Nelline

We did Medicals on 17 April and the line update was "passed" on 28 April.

Miskalo

Hello All,

We have found ourselves in a similar situation. Our medicals was done on 12 May 2015 and it was uploaded within 2 weeks and since then we did not hear anything from CIC and this got us worried.

I then called the CHC on the 31st of August 2015 but was advised by the receptionist to come to the Embassy on Tuesday 1st September 2015 which was the first Tuesday of the month as they attend to all queries and enquries whether it is visa or immigration related issues. So off we went to the embassy on Tuesday morning to find out about our status.

As we explained the situation to the attending personnel, she requested for our file no and after checking on the system, then asked us if we are travelling anytime within one week and the answer was NO. She then requested for our passports and said they will get back to us within a week. We asked if we have been approved but the response was "we will let you know" and this has gotten us agitated.

The question i want to know from the forum is;

1. What is the content of the email or letter when they request for passport.

2. Are there any other information requested such as application approved on the letter

I will appreciate any valuable response from the forum as my mind is not settled ( or is my mind playing tricks on me?)

MaryJane

1. What is the content of the email or letter when they request for passport.

2. Are there any other information requested such as application approved on the letter

Here's what mine said:

Dear Mrs. XXXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We wish to advise that we are ready to issue your and your dependants' immigrant visas. It will therefore be necessary for you to send us your original passports as soon as possible.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL!

Please note the following:

It is your decision how you submit your passport/s to our office or how you collect them.

We do not confirm receipt of passports.

Please allow 5 - 10 working days for us to issue your immigrant visa/s.

You will be contacted once the passports are ready for collection.

For our office hours, mailing and residential addresses please refer to the following link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ci-ci/index.aspx?lang=eng

Regards,

I think the emailed request is pretty standard but don't know if they use exact wordings. Don't fret too much. You'll drive yourself mad. Wait out the week. It is normally a good sign if they take the passports away since that means it's just a matter of putting in the visas. (Unless there's really something big that happened at your medical that made you ineligible).

Hang tight, you're almost there. Best of luck!

• Like 2

Miskalo

Here's what mine said:

Dear Mrs. XXXX,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

We wish to advise that we are ready to issue your and your dependants' immigrant visas. It will therefore be necessary for you to send us your original passports as soon as possible.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL!

Please note the following:

It is your decision how you submit your passport/s to our office or how you collect them.

We do not confirm receipt of passports.

Please allow 5 - 10 working days for us to issue your immigrant visa/s.

You will be contacted once the passports are ready for collection.

For our office hours, mailing and residential addresses please refer to the following link: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ci-ci/index.aspx?lang=eng

Regards,

I think the emailed request is pretty standard but don't know if they use exact wordings. Don't fret too much. You'll drive yourself mad. Wait out the week. It is normally a good sign if they take the passports away since that means it's just a matter of putting in the visas. (Unless there's really something big that happened at your medical that made you ineligible).

Hang tight, you're almost there. Best of luck!

MJ, thank you very much for the info and encouragement as always. Our medical was fine as they were confirmed to us by the attending physician. My concern is that a friend of mine who just landed last month in Canada confirmed to me that in the letter they were requested to submit passport photographs as well but this was not requested from us. That was what increased my anxiety. I am hoping all is well.

Edited by Miskalo
  • Like 2

Miskalo

MJ, thank you very much for the info and encouragement as always. Our medical was fine as they were confirmed to us by the attending physician. My concern is that a friend of mine who just landed last month in Canada confirmed to me that in the letter they were requested to submit passport photographs as well but this was not requested from us. That was what increased my anxiety. I am hoping all is well.

Hi guys, below is the update from the ECAS yesterday after the visit to the CHC:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 26, 2014.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 17, 2014.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2014.
  4. We transferred your application to the Pretoria office on October 22, 2014. The Pretoria office may contact you.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on April 20, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.

Steps 2,4,5 and 6 were previously missing before we submitted our passports. Looking forward to a positive response. Pray for us guys :holy:

• Like 1

Miskalo

Hi guys, below is the update from the ECAS yesterday after the visit to the CHC:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 26, 2014.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 17, 2014.
  3. We started processing your application on December 8, 2014.
  4. We transferred your application to the Pretoria office on October 22, 2014. The Pretoria office may contact you.
  5. We sent you correspondence on April 20, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you medical instructions on April 20, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  7. Medical results have been received.

Steps 2,4,5 and 6 were previously missing before we submitted our passports. Looking forward to a positive response. Pray for us guys :holy:

Hello Guys,

Got an email response this morning after sending a query to CHC yesterday about the above and it says:

"Dear Applicant

The decision has been made on your applications and your passports are ready for collection. Please send a courier company to collect Mon-Friday between 11am and 12pm and quote the file number."

This is a bit vague and ambigous, however, I have been to the courier to pick up the passports from the embassy tomorrow. Holding my breath right now. :holy: Has anyone been in this kind of situation?

Hello Guys,

Got an email response this morning after sending a query to CHC yesterday about the above and it says:

"Dear Applicant

The decision has been made on your applications and your passports are ready for collection. Please send a courier company to collect Mon-Friday between 11am and 12pm and quote the file number."

This is a bit vague and ambigous, however, I have been to the courier to pick up the passports from the embassy tomorrow. Holding my breath right now. :holy: Has anyone been in this kind of situation?

It simply means your visas are issued and your passports are ready to be fetched.

It is good news and time for celebration.

Tracey22

Congratulations. You have your right of permanent residence Visa! Next step: sell up everything and land of the strong and free

• Like 2

Miskalo

Congratulations. You have your right of permanent residence Visa! Next step: sell up everything and land of the strong and free

Thanks WernerC and Tracey......will feedback the forum once i collect our passports....this forum is so wonderful :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Miskalo

Hello Guys,

Breaking news!!!!!! just collected our PR today 9.30 am. God bless this forum real good for all the advice and guidance received. Words are not enough to thank all of you for the hospitality. MaryJane, Helanie WernerC, maplelove, Lawrence and a host of names that i do not mention........you are all stars.

I am really ecstatic right now. Looking forward to our US Visa application. Yeepeeeeeeee :ilikeit::king::hug:

• Like 3

Tracey22

So update from my mom: within 3 days of the medicals being submitted, they received a request for additional medical info. That was quick!

• Like 2

Raquel

Great news Tracy!

Helanie

Awesome Tracy! That's great news!

Hfb

Congrats on everyone's progress.

I have a question with regards to the medicals - if you had done medicals for a work permit, and then apply for PR before those original medicals expire, do you still need to get new medicals done?

M-N

You'll have to evaluate that once you receive ITA. It's only valid for a year of I remember. How long is yours still valid for?

Hfb

We did them at the end of March 2015