Sign in to follow this  
TraceyOB

Withdrawing EE profiles

TraceyOB

Hiiii

Feel as though I have read every scrap of info on the net and still can't find a clear answer! I have created an EE profile (482 points wahoo!) but with a family emergency that needs attending to, if I get an ITA in the next few weeks, I won't sufficient time to get all the necessary documentation and medicals etc.

SO my question is... has anyone here successfully withdrawn their profile and made a new one at a later stage? Did you have issues with connecting it to the job bank again? Then also when the EE profile asks you if you have applied for immigration before, do you say yes or no?

Trying to decide if it is more risky to withdraw or to decline an ITA!

Nelline

I would suggest withdrawing and then re-creating from scratch once you're able to! You definitely don't want to be declining an ITA

No, you haven't applied for immigration because as far as I know creating an EE profile is merely an "expression of interest"

• Like 1

Raquel

What Nelline said.

I have successfully withdrawn a profile before and recreated a new one from scratch after that. Your old profile details will remain with a withdrawn status for tracking purposes I think...

You will have to reconnect to job bank using new codes and profile numbers created to activate your new profile.

I would also say no as I also believe it is an EOI. Your withdrawn application with still be detailed there as I mentioned before.

Edited by Raquel
  • Like 2

Ominous_Hashtag
On 8/18/2015 at 4:48 PM, Nelline said:

I would suggest withdrawing and then re-creating from scratch once you're able to! You definitely don't want to be declining an ITA

No, you haven't applied for immigration because as far as I know creating an EE profile is merely an "expression of interest"

I have now read more than once on the forum that one should avoid declining an ITA at all costs. I'd like to know why this is considered the case?

According to CIC there is no negative repercussions for declining an ITA except of course  for missing out on the immediate opportunity to apply:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/invitations.asp

Declining an Invitation to Apply

If you decline an invitation, you will be put back into the Express Entry pool of candidates (as long as you still meet the minimum criteria) to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

You may have to take steps to be considered again for the pool. For example, if you got additional points for a job offer but the job is no longer available to you, you may need to get another job offer. Or, if you got married or entered into a common-law relationship, you will have to update your Express Entry profile.

There is no guarantee that you will be invited to apply again. But, if you choose to re-enter the pool, declining an invitation will not have a negative effect on whether or not you could be invited to apply later.

If you do not decline an invitation and you do not apply within 60 days, the invitation will expire and you will have to complete and submit a new Express Entry profile and be accepted to the pool again to be considered in future rounds of invitations.

To re-enter the pool, you must complete a new profile and meet the minimum criteria.

• Like 1

Nelline
2 hours ago, Ominous_Hashtag said:

I have now read more than once on the forum that one should avoid declining an ITA at all costs. I'd like to know why this is considered the case?

According to CIC there is no negative repercussions for declining an ITA except of course  for missing out on the immediate opportunity to apply:

Not being an immigration consultant I can't advise on possible negative repercussions (or not) in declining an ITA. From the research you've done I'd agree there seems to be no negative implications. From my side it is more the thought of having to decline an opportunity to submit your application - let's say the main applicant is on 450 and they get an ITA, decline it, and then the points continue to rise / never drop that low again / CIC make changes to the immigration system etc etc. How will that person feel knowing they'd had the chance and had to drop it? 

• Like 1

Merida

Also remember that you lose five or more points for every birthday after 29 years of age.