Sign in to follow this  
LadyAth

Contact in Manitoba...MPNP

LadyAth

Manitoba is one of the provinces I am seriously considering as my destination despite the extreme weather conditions. But there is a problem. In the online expression of interest, they ask that I provide connection currently living in Manitoba who is not affiliated with the PNP. My question is, how can I apply as a skilled worker if I do not know anyone in Manitoba/have no family there? Seems I cannot submit my EOI without explicitly choosing a connection. What have you guys done in a case like that? Would hate to start trawling personal classifieds to get a contact :(

MaryJane

Hi LadyAth

It's not gonna be easy. You have to convince somebody to do this for you and to be frank, you're gonna be hard pressed to find somebody who will do that just outright.

I've got a friend in Manitoba who got in getting a family to sponsor them. No real relations, just somebody that somebody knew that somebody else knew that they knew of. Basically a long list of somebodies before the right one. They did visit Manitoba several times (I think 3 trips prior to actual landing) though to show the family that they are serious about what they wanted to do. They had everything against them....lady was over 50 and her hubby was over 60 when they started immigration. I remember they even hired a lawyer to help them with their case.

All's well that ends well. I know she landed in Manitoba some years back (prior 2012, before me even) and has been living there ever since.

So what I'm trying to say here is that it's not impossible. But you might find you're gonna have to be more resourceful than usual to get what you need.

LadyAth

Thank you for the insights, MaryJane. I did some further reading and it is quite demanding on the contact - no surprise that it would not be easy to ask a stranger for such a favour. So while not impossible, it does seem highly improbable.

But very impressive that 50+ is still able to make it through the immigration process!! Inspiring and heartening to hear that :)

• Like 2