FaithFUL

Who had positive PNP nominations?

Qrios1

Congrats Druce. It has been a long process indeed. All the best

W-T

Congratulations!

MarkGTC

Hi guys,

Curious as to what exactly classifies as a "supporter"?

Raquel

Anyone that has received PNP and gone through EE process yet?

I am curious about the EE timeline- is it still the standard 6 months? Or is the process shorter due to checks bring done under PNP already?

MaryJane

Hi guys,

Curious as to what exactly classifies as a "supporter"?

Hi MarkGTC

Here's what the MPNP says: http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/eligibility/eligibility-swo/

Manitoba Support

A Manitoba Supporter is an established resident of the province who is a friend or relative of the applicant and is willing and able to review and endorse the applicant’s plan for settling and finding employment in their destination community.A Manitoba Supporter must be the applicant’s close relative or friend/distant relative, and must be:

• able to provide documents proving they reside and are established in Manitoba and have been living in the province continuously for at least one year (ex: copy of Manitoba Health Card)
  • a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (ex: copy of Permanent Resident Card)
  • able to demonstrate sufficiently close ties to the applicant and to Manitoba
  • able to demonstrate that any applications they previously supported resulted in successful, permanent economic establishment in Manitoba
  • able to support the applicant’s Settlement Plan

For close relatives, both the applicant and the supporter must provide documents proving their familial relationship.

Close relatives may support the application of more than one skilled worker at a time provided they satisfactorily demonstrate their ability to do so.

For friends and distant relatives, their household must not be currently supporting the settlement of another MPNP applicant, nominee or person under another Canadian immigration program.

Finally, your supporter cannot be and the MPNP will not accept a Settlement Plan Part 2 signed by:

• a paid immigration representative
  • anyone who is not a demonstrated relative or friend of the applicant or the applicant’s spouse
  • a Canadian elected official or their staff
  • Like 1

MarkGTC

Thank you for the clarification MaryJane

MaryJane

Anyone that has received PNP and gone through EE process yet?

I am curious about the EE timeline- is it still the standard 6 months? Or is the process shorter due to checks bring done under PNP already?

Hi Raquel

I'd say still too early to gauge. 2015 PNPs only started opening around March/April (?) and I'm sure it's also a different timeline for inside and outside Canada applicants. Just hang tight though. OOPNP deadline is coming up right? Wishing you a good 2 weeks..... :hug:

Raquel

Hi Raquel

I'd say still too early to gauge. 2015 PNPs only started opening around March/April (?) and I'm sure it's also a different timeline for inside and outside Canada applicants. Just hang tight though. OOPNP deadline is coming up right? Wishing you a good 2 weeks..... :hug:

Thanks MJ - I thought it maybe too soon to gauge - it was just a thought, and thought I'd put it out there ;)

I can certainly see that for the OOPNP timeline for CEC is a lot shorter than for the FSW stream - I suppose this would make sense as most CEC applicants are already living and working in Canada.

**Sigh** it will be up on 16th Sept... :yawn: gonna be a loooong 2 weeks! :whistling: Thanks again MJ :hug:

• Like 3

Wynloots

The long wait makes the outcome so much sweeter... ;)

• Like 1

Druce

Thanks everyone, we are so excited that our MPNP application finally started getting assessed. It has been a long year and four months. I just hope the rest goes smoothly and we make it to Manitoba in 2016

FaithFUL

My apologies - it's "THAT" crazy girl again that wants to get to Canada with all her heart :whistling:

Can one apply to a the provinces for PNP if your points are below 400? I'd like to try SK first thing in 2016 as they don't take any more applications until then. I've sent a letter of interest to PEI as well. The rest of the provinces all need family or a job offer to qualify.

MaryJane

My apologies - it's "THAT" crazy girl again that wants to get to Canada with all her heart :whistling:

Can one apply to a the provinces for PNP if your points are below 400? I'd like to try SK first thing in 2016 as they don't take any more applications until then. I've sent a letter of interest to PEI as well. The rest of the provinces all need family or a job offer to qualify.

As far as I know, most provinces will say that you need to qualify for EE in order to be eligible to apply for PNP. So even if you have below 400, if EE has "qualified" you, then technically, you should be able to apply. Ontario is the only province currently that requires the 400-points cut-off.

A major thing not to forget is you'll need to fulfill all other requirements set out for that particular PNP stream (whichever it is) to become fully eligible.

• Like 2

FaithFUL

WannaB, if your profession is in the list of 29 occupations, you might wanna check Nova Scotia out!

http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19798-nova-scotia-given-increased-allocation-for-ee-canadian-immigration-streams/#entry153142

Thank you MaryJane - yes, ours NOC is on their list. We'll give NS a bash. :-)

Druce

So, we received our Letter Of Approval and submitted our PR app to CIO today via UPS Courier Services :ilikeit:

• Like 1

MissFrowz

Congrats Druce! You are almost there! I'm sure you will be here in 2016! All the best and please keep us updated :ilikeit:

• Like 3

Nelline

I somehow missed this. Great news Druce!

So, we received our Letter Of Approval and submitted our PR app to CIO today via UPS Courier Services :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Druce

Thanks MissFrowz and Nelline, we are super excited at the moment. We already submiited our application (paper) to Centelized Intake Office (CIO / CIC) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada and they received it was delivered to them via UPS Couriers on 28/09/2015.

After they check all of the documentation and proof of payments they will send it to VO Pretoria. We waited +-16 months for Manitoba Provincial Nomination Certificate so hopefully the PR Visa timeline will be half of this. We would be so greatful if we can get PR before July 2016 :magic:

Wynloots

Congrats Druce!

• Like 1

Druce

Congrats Druce!

Thanks Wynloots!

FaithFUL

So, with the adults unabridged birth certificates in our hands we can now apply for Nova Scotia PNP in the New Year.

Some questions:

• Has anyone received a PNP from NS or know of anyone that has received one?
  • This is a paper based application & I need to know from your experience how long it takes couriers to deliver the documents
  • Does anyone know when the PNP opens for NS in 2016 - there is no mention of it on CIC or anywhere else?

Thank you :holy:

MaryJane

So, with the adults unabridged birth certificates in our hands we can now apply for Nova Scotia PNP in the New Year.

Some questions:

• Has anyone received a PNP from NS or know of anyone that has received one?
  • This is a paper based application & I need to know from your experience how long it takes couriers to deliver the documents
  • Does anyone know when the PNP opens for NS in 2016 - there is no mention of it on CIC or anywhere else?

Thank you :holy:

Hi WannaB

This is the worksheet for applicants on NS EE Demand 2015 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VSlrGd5WYHoElg75K9te3CXyuyw-1RudhWxIb4h2tdI/edit?pli=1

There is no opening/closing dates (none that I can see as well). A general advice on the other forum is to apply now with the paper-based application as soon as you can. There are talks of it becoming an online application in the new year, but if it does so, then apply again online. This way whichever comes first, you are in queue. If accepted, they keep your application for the next year.

Here's the thread if you want some light reading - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nova-scotia-provincial-nominee-program-january-2015-t252227.5940.html

Have fun!

• Like 1