Sign in to follow this  
EyelidGoose

Couriers and ECA

EyelidGoose

Hi everyone

Newbie to the forum here, and there are a few things I'd like to ask you guys about.

• Firstly, have any alumni from UJ applied for their ECA via WES? If so, what was the process you followed? My attachment needs to get his transcript sent to WES through UJ/QVS.
  • Secondly, my transcript is going to WES directly from my college but the college has asked me to sort out the courier and fees etc. Does anyone know if this will be a problem on WES' side seeing as the package will be coming from "me" and not my college? (I'm going to organise the courier to collect from my college and deliver to WES, I'm just worried they'll have an issue with it).
  • Thirdly, if the above isn't going to be a problem, do you guys think I could drop off my envelope with my copies of my degree and have the courier collect both at the same time to save on fees or should I play it safe and deliver both separately? How did you guys send through your documents?
  • And lastly, which couriers are the best? I'm not too fussed on who's cheapest, just who is most reliable.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing everyone's stories :)

Have an awesome one!

Jobizzle

Hi

There is a thread on WES applications, many people actually fetch the transcripts personally it seems, and then courier them to WES, as long as the envelope is stamped across where it is sealed, it is fine. I will be going to UJ tomorrow to do this and will let you know how it goes!

W-T

Hi

There is a thread on WES applications, many people actually fetch the transcripts personally it seems, and then courier them to WES, as long as the envelope is stamped across where it is sealed, it is fine. I will be going to UJ tomorrow to do this and will let you know how it goes!

Agreed, this is what I did.

TraceyOB

Hi

Just call your faculty at UJ to double check- if I remember correctly with my husband getting his things to WES, UJ has outsourced their academic transcripts to another company. So we were required to contact that company, pay +-R500 to get the copy of the transcript sent to the relevant lady in the faculty at UJ and then they sent it via mail to WES. It took some time to get there but got there perfectly safe.

GrantM

Can't help you on the first question but the rest is all fine just make sure the envelope is sealed and stamped. I suggest UPS. They even bring a speed point machine with so you don't have to give them your credit card details.

EyelidGoose

Hi

Hey Jobizzle

Please do let me know how it goes. Did you manage to get your transcript from UJ directly or did you have to go through QVS? My attachment got redirected to QVS as UJ don't assist you directly anymore it seems. He called and spoke to about 4 different people before someone eventually said, "call QVS".

So yeah, not entirely sure what the correct process is.

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Jobizzle

Hey Jobizzle

Please do let me know how it goes. Did you manage to get your transcript from UJ directly or did you have to go through QVS? My attachment got redirected to QVS as UJ don't assist you directly anymore it seems. He called and spoke to about 4 different people before someone eventually said, "call QVS".

So yeah, not entirely sure what the correct process is.

Thanks in advance!

Hi

I went to Unisa this morning and got them to fill out the WES form, print a transcript and put it in a sealed envelope with a stamp, no problem (For those going to Unisa, just make sure to go to Sunnyside campus as I went to the main campus which was a waste). I then went to UJ, and thought I would use all my charm and wits to try and wangle the same out of them. I got into the office of a lady named Rosinah, but she was apparently immune to my charms, and said I have to go via QVS. She did however take the WES forms from me, and promised to include them in the envelope once my physical transcripts arrived on her desk. I put my address as the destination on QVS, so once it arrives in my PO box, I will put the sealed envelope in a pack with my Unisa one, and Courier it all off one-time. QVS costs about R500 by the way, ridiculous! PM me if you want the lovely Rosinah's contact details (though I warn you, she has a heart of coal!) :clown:

Hi

I went to Unisa this morning and got them to fill out the WES form, print a transcript and put it in a sealed envelope with a stamp, no problem (For those going to Unisa, just make sure to go to Sunnyside campus as I went to the main campus which was a waste). I then went to UJ, and thought I would use all my charm and wits to try and wangle the same out of them. I got into the office of a lady named Rosinah, but she was apparently immune to my charms, and said I have to go via QVS. She did however take the WES forms from me, and promised to include them in the envelope once my physical transcripts arrived on her desk. I put my address as the destination on QVS, so once it arrives in my PO box, I will put the sealed envelope in a pack with my Unisa one, and Courier it all off one-time. QVS costs about R500 by the way, ridiculous! PM me if you want the lovely Rosinah's contact details (though I warn you, she has a heart of coal!) :clown:

You were lucky with unisa. I just got a 'sorry we do not complete any forms that doesn't come from our system so we will not fill in the Wes Form' answer....

M-N

We just sent mom-in-law with a request letter, our ID's and student numbers and the WES forms. They (NWU - VaalCampus) sent it off via Post Office (they didn't want to courier) and we were VERY lucky that our stuff reached WES swiftly.

EyelidGoose

Hi

Hi Jobizzle

Rosinah's details would be awesome, my attachment just placed an order on QVS and hopes to have the same success with the WES form. He's going to go through this week sometime and ask her to kindly include the form with his records when they get to her desk.

So here's hoping!

If you could PM me her details, I would appreciate it :)

Thanks!