Sign in to follow this  
Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Calgary top destination for Canadians on the move

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Canadians on the move end their journeys in Calgary more than any other city

BY DAMIEN WOOD, CALGARY SUN

FIRST POSTED:

FRIDAY, JULY 03, 2015 11:44 PM MDT | UPDATED: FRIDAY, JULY 03, 2015 11:50 PM MDT

More people are packing their worldly possessions into a U-Haul and heading off to a new life in Calgary than any other Canadian city, the company says.

The company released its Top 10 Canadian Destination Cities for 2014 list earlier this week showing Cowtown at the top.

Calgary’s nearest big city neighbour to the north, Edmonton, also made the list, coming in at third place, with Montreal between the two Albertan cities and Toronto at number four.

“Calgary being number one doesn’t surprise me,” U-Haul’s southern Alberta marketing president Gordon Anderson said in a release.

“If you search why to move to Calgary, there are so many reasons. It’s a nice, clean city. We have the highest amount of head offices, per capita, than any Canadian city. We’re ranked one of the best cities in the world to live in. We’re the sunniest city in the world. It’s a very high quality of life here, and consequently it’s a great place to raise a family.

Rest of article here:

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/04/canadians-on-the-move-end-their-journeys-in-calgary-more-than-any-other-city-u-haul

• Like 1

vinceb

A quick search of the Alberta College of Physicians and Surgeons website for doctors who speak Afrikaans, gives a total of 107 for Calgary and 49 for Edmonton :).

• Like 1

Spent some time in Calgary for business in May of this year. Enjoyed our stay and had the best steak ever!

Hennie vdB

Spent some time in Calgary for business in May of this year. Enjoyed our stay and had the best steak ever!

Best steak - where, Lawrence, where? Important detail to leave out, I thought we are sharing useful info here on the forum?

• Like 4

Raquel

Best steak - where, Lawrence, where? Important detail to leave out, I thought we are sharing useful info here on the forum?

You have made my day! Lol :)

M-N

I'm just leaving my comment here so I can also stay informed. You had me at steak. :whistling:

• Like 1

My apology for leaving you ''Hanging Hennie''. :D Place was called the Cactus Club Café - link: http://www.cactusclubcafe.com/location/barlow-trail/

2612 - 39th Avenue N.E., Calgary, AB. I'm sure you will enjoy! Saffer's and their steak are not easily parted!

Hennie vdB

Lawrence, dankie. Dis nou wel 2 dae te perd van ons in Silverado SW af, maar ek sal sommer 'n naweek-wegbreek daarvan maak ...