JuanRulineJano

Vancouver Accommodation

JuanRulineJano

Hi All,

We are arriving in Vancouver on 16 July, and we are currently looking at accommodation options. We're 3 people (myself, wife and 18 month old), and we are looking at options within a 30 minute commute to Downtown Vancouver.

Any references or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Juan

Eva

Are you looking for temporary or permanent accommodation? Furnished or unfurnished?

JuanRulineJano

Hi Eva,

We are looking for furnished temporary (around 3 months I guess...) accommodation. This should hopefully give us enough time to explore some employment opportunities before we decide on a more permanent base.

Eva

We arrived in September last year and found accommodation through Airbnb. The owners live downstairs and the suite is on the top floor. There is a little park right next to the house which is nice for kids. Its central, just a block away from Commercial Drive. The only thing is that Commercial Drive, while very trendy, has too much green smoke wafting around. Its full of restaurants and pubs.

An important consideration is being near to transit until you get a car sorted out.

I found that if you book directly with the hosts, it is much cheaper than booking through Airbnb. I can PM you the email addresses of the 2 places we stayed in.

• Like 1

Robes

Hi @Eva and @JuanRulineJano

Do you still have the contact details for your Vancouver accommodation you would recommend? My partner and I are also looking for a rental for 3 months furnished and near transit because we dont have a car yet.

Many thanks!

Lyle

Hi @Eva, @Robes,

Please could you pass the contact details on to me as we will require accommodation preferably furnished for the month of September 2018.

Thanks so much!

Robes

Hi Lyle,

We first stayed with family friends first and then found a furnished place on Kijiji, where the owners travel for 3 months of the year, so sadly I don't have any personal recommendations for a furnished place.

I would recommend looking on Airbnb or consider places like the Marriott Extended stay accommodation (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yvrdr-residence-inn-vancouver-downtown/). It all depends on your budget. I would also recommend you be vigilant with certain sites, I can only speak for Craiglist, but a close friend who was going to Montreal lost 2 months of rent while trying to organise accommodation while in SA :(

Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Like 1