Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Manitoba PNP

MaryJane

Hi guys

Just thought I'd start a new thread since we don't seem to have one for Manitoba. Who knows? Somebody out there might be interested.

We don't watch this PNP route too closely at the moment but out of interest, Manitoba had their 2nd draw for their PNP EOI last June 5. The results are that they've issued 126 + 202 advices to apply so that makes another 328 EE applicants likely to be receiving PNP soon. Their 1st draw happened mid-May with 151 invitees.

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/expression-of-interest/

• Like 2

MaryJane

And another 252 applicants with a possibility of MPNP - Draw #3 for Manitoba EOI today, June 25, 2015 - http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/expression-of-interest/

Seems like EE is shaping out to be PNP-driven in the next couple of months.

Good luck to all applicants!

Raquel

Thanks for keeping on top of PNP updates for us! ;)

• Like 2

Druce

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for starting this thread! I have applied to the MPNP April 2014. Currently they have not started working on my application. This surely seems to be one of the longest routes to follow by what I am reading on this forum.

I hope that my supporter will be interviewed within the next month or 3 and that I receive my Letter Of Approval from the MPNP before end of this year. I then still need to apply to CIC.

What timeline do you guys see from CIC for SA applicants these days?

The waiting game is really getting the best of me at this stage of the game...

Hennie vdB

Druce, I can't give advice on Manitoba's process, but you will have to get used to the waiting times. It is very frustrating, I know, but that is just the way things are. Hurry up and wait. Looking at the timelines it does seem that people get through much faster these days. Do not lose hope, and do not restrict yourself to one stream only - try all avenues open to you, as you never know which one will come through first. Use the waiting time to read all the old posts on this forum - there are some jewels hiding all over, but you have to go digging for them.

The waiting game is really getting the best of me at this stage of the game...

Druce, also cannot give advice on Manitoba's PNP visa. As for the waiting game, not easy. Best advice I can offer, once the paperwork's done carry on with your life in SA. You do eventually learn to be patient. As Hennie mentioned, those process times are much shorter than they were a few years ago.

Helanie

Just a suggestion - isn't it possible to lodge a CSE or similar under the PNP program for Manitoba - I know if this is possible and if an CSE is only to follow up at Pretoria.. I know these things can take a while but perhaps there is somewhere somehow one can follow up on the query as Druce submitted last year April. Maybe it is not a bad idea to have a look at the current system and try and apply via the express entry OR even resubmitting your old application to the new PNP for Manitoba... Sorry I can't be of much help! Can't you contact the PNP for Manitoba by writing letters / sending an email.... Good luck! :hug:

Druce

Thanks Lawrance & Hennie for your advice.

Helanie, what is a CSE?

Under EE we score to low, high 300's...Even if I receive the MPNP Certificate I am not allowed to use this in EE (except if MPNP invites you to apply to EE). It clearly states on their website that they will not support the certificate is used for EE and you were not invited by them, one has to follow the normal CIC path as prescribed by them.

I am not allowed to submit under the new "expression of interest draw" for MPNP as my status has already changed from "Received " to "Pending" in April 2015. My case has now been logged and if I withdraw I will need to wait another 12 months before I can apply again with the MPNP.

I have sent the MPNP an e-mail about 3 months ago when my supporter came to visit SA for a month. I was worried they might want to contact her for an interview and she would not be available. Only received an auto response and no "real" repply to date. Last week my supporter went to the MPNP offices to enquire about my case. Only response that she got was that my application is "pending" and will change to "in process" within the next 6 months. They lso noted that I must keep on monitoring my status as this might change to "information/documents requested" and that I must submit these when/if it happens.

I think one of my main problems is that I do not have a degree or a qualified trade that I can apply with under FSP or one of these other streams. I only have a diploma in marketing and my wife has a one year certificate in graphic design. Seems like the best route for me is to stay positive and wait it out ey ?

• Like 1

MaryJane

CSE is case specific enquiry. This is when an email is sent to follow up, inform, add, etc. but this is for applications already with CiC or CHC Pretoria or visa office.

As far as I know, with MPNP, there is an online system where application tracking is done as well. Manitoba does not answer emailed questions about application status or "how long must I still wait?"

Druce, they'll obviously get to you when they get to your application. The assurance is that they will eventually assess your application.

One other thing to perhaps note is that PNPs normally have a much smaller annual application threshold, compared to something like FSW, and that is why there could be a backlog at this level. The months it takes to process the application will seem to get longer since MPNP can only adhere to the PNP allocations it's been given by government. If Manitoba reaches their quota for this year, then it's "next year again folks".

300+ CRS points is indeed low at this point. EE has not even dipped lower than 450 in its draws.

I suppose all I can say is keep the faith. And best of luck.

Druce

CSE is case specific enquiry. This is when an email is sent to follow up, inform, add, etc. but this is for applications already with CiC or CHC Pretoria or visa office.

As far as I know, with MPNP, there is an online system where application tracking is done as well. Manitoba does not answer emailed questions about application status or "how long must I still wait?"

Druce, they'll obviously get to you when they get to your application. The assurance is that they will eventually assess your application.

One other thing to perhaps note is that PNPs normally have a much smaller annual application threshold, compared to something like FSW, and that is why there could be a backlog at this level. The months it takes to process the application will seem to get longer since MPNP can only adhere to the PNP allocations it's been given by government. If Manitoba reaches their quota for this year, then it's "next year again folks".

300+ CRS points is indeed low at this point. EE has not even dipped lower than 450 in its draws.

I suppose all I can say is keep the faith. And best of luck.

Yes, I suppose thats how I should see the glass, half full!

I am thinking of trying to apply via other streams as well. Not EE though. What other type of streams can you guys suggest except PNP and EE?

MaryJane

Yes, I suppose thats how I should see the glass, half full!

I am thinking of trying to apply via other streams as well. Not EE though. What other type of streams can you guys suggest except PNP and EE?

PNP and EE are the most common ones that people go through with. With PNP, there is just so many to choose from, all with slightly different rules to each other. I can suggest some others below but they come with their own set of "baggages". You'll need to see if you are eligible for any of them.

CEC - if you have Canadian work experience minimum 12 months

Work permit - if you can secure work from SA, job offer + LMIA required most likely

Study permit - if you want to come over studying something, I think this has school registration and proof of funds requirement

Investor program - you need mega bucks and some due diligence for this stream

Edited by MaryJane
  • Like 1

Druce

PNP and EE are the most common ones that people go through with. With PNP, there is just so many to choose from, all with slightly different rules to each other. I can suggest some others below but they come with their own set of "baggages". You'll need to see if you are eligible for any of them.

CEC - if you have Canadian work experience minimum 12 months

Work permit - if you can secure work from SA, job offer + LMIA required most likely

Study permit - if you want to come over studying something, I think this has school registration and proof of funds requirement

Investor program - you need mega bucks and some due diligence for this stream

Hi Mary Jane, out of all of these we have looked into the Study Permit for wife and applying for open work permit for myself. The only problem for us with this route is that it will be deifinate for 2 years. After that they may refuse to give us Permanent Residence and we will have to come back. The risk of selling everything just to return after 2 years and starting over here in SA is just too daunting.

Trying to land a job offer with LMIA whilst here in SA also seems to be impossible if you do not have any special qualifications/skills thats needed over in CA. I am still trying out this option even though the chances seems slim in the retail/sales industry. Who knows, I might just get lucky?

Druce

Thanx for the update Mary Jane!

Manitoba is busy picking up speed. They are currently assessing cases 2013 December - 2014 February by the looks of things. Soon it will be me. Will keep you guys posted.

Sal

Hi Druce,

My Husband and myself are also looking at going the study visa way.....thing is, after two years of studying (or one year), you apply for a post graduate work permit, which will allow you to work for as many years as you have studied for, work for a year or two, then apply under the Canadian experience class visa ....Or, I assume we will be working, therefore you have a job offer.

Only problem is, it is a pricey way to go. International students pay a huge amount more than Canadian students.

• Like 1

Druce

Hi Sal,

We want to get into CA as soon as possible but this is probably one of the most expensive routes. We will have to take out a loan to do this and that will put us under alot of pressure.

MPNP started with March & early April 2014 applications last week. I will definately get my LOA before end of this year and will then apply to CIC for PR.

If I apply this year will I be able to get to Canada mid-end of 2016?

Druce

Good morning all, just wanted to share the good news. My supporter received her interview call yesterday afternoon and our online status has changed from "Pending" to "In Process".

Before the end of the month I should hve my Manitoba Provincial Nomination Plan Letter Of Acceptance :ilikeit:

Then it is time to submit to CIC for Permanent Residence Visa. Hopefully we will get this in less than 12 months :boxing:

• Like 1

MaryJane

Good morning all, just wanted to share the good news. My supporter received her interview call yesterday afternoon and our online status has changed from "Pending" to "In Process".

Before the end of the month I should hve my Manitoba Provincial Nomination Plan Letter Of Acceptance :ilikeit:

Then it is time to submit to CIC for Permanent Residence Visa. Hopefully we will get this in less than 12 months :boxing:

Congratulations, Druce! All the best for the rest of your journey.

Raquel

Anyone that has received PNP and gone through EE process yet?

I am curious about the EE timeline- is it still the standard 6 months? Or is the process shorter due to checks bring done under PNP already?

W-T

I am also interested to know this.

Anyone that has received PNP and gone through EE process yet?

I am curious about the EE timeline- is it still the standard 6 months? Or is the process shorter due to checks bring done under PNP already?

• Like 1

Druce

Oh yah, almost forgot about that, maybe I will still get invited to apply throught EE after getting nominated by MPNP.

MaryJane

MPNP Draw #6 today - http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/mpnp-for-skilled-workers/expression-of-interest/

125 + 361 = 486 more invitees coming through PNP.

As a side note (being lazy of starting a new thread), looks like BC will be following Manitoba's footsteps with their own "points system" type of intake for 2016. (http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/british-columbia-puts-temporary-halt-on-applications-to-bcpnp-skills-immigration-and-express-entry-bc-02-09-2105.html)

We shall wait and see....

• Like 1

Druce

GOOD NEWS, we received our Letter Of Approval from the Manitoba Province on Friday. We did not get nominated to go through express entry and it states this on the approval letter as well. We wil now submit our application to Central Intake Office and hopefully we will receive our Permanent Residence Visas before June next year.

We have to do Police Clearence next week. Have anyone applied recently? It states that the timeline is 14 working days, what was your experience?

Do you guys think it is possible for us to get our visas by June 2016?

• Like 1

Helanie

Once again congrats Druce!

Our PCC took about 2.5 - 3 weeks - but this was last year Sep / Oct.

I think if will be possible to get your visas by then HOWEVER it is perhaps cutting it close but you never know - once your application is in and on a roll it can be quicker than you think!