Sign in to follow this  
Raquel

Charleston USA shooter -South Aftican descendent?!

Raquel
Helanie

This is SO SO sad and crazy!!! So unnecessary!!! Oh my word!!!

Cathy K

Dylan Storm Roof. Let's pray that he isn't from South Africa or Zimbabwe (Rhodesia). I hope he just has a misguided view of what both those flags stood for. The din't stand for white supremacy or racism.

Edited by Cathy K
  • Like 2

Raquel

Hope so Cathy!

Laurenwallace

Argh, by the comments on some of these news pages, the rest of the world seem to think he is a terrorist because of these two flags. I had to hold myself in nicely again and just close the comments... It angers me so. ?

Nettie

Hmmmm- is that an ex-South African flag I see on his jacket? :unsure::wacko:

I noticed it too and didn't like that at all.

Sideline

ITS A FAKE!

Look at the "fading" on the patch on the right vs the very new bright patches on the left? Then blow up the "new flag" patches and look at the way they sit. The top is convex (bowed outward) on the bottom line and the lower patch in concave (bowed inward) on the top line. Practically that's impossible with such a short distance between the two and the general folds and lines in the left jacket side don't match the patches. It's a fake by a country mile.

Someone photo shopped those flags into the image to "cash in" on the media hype.

The original patch is a confederate flag symbol for the South Carolina area where this person lived. He probably doesn't even know where those flags came from, even if you gave them to him and showed him a map of the origins :). He is way to young to even know that those flags "died" before he was born.

Using some computer scanning software it can easily be seen the flags were inserted afterwards. Don't believe everything you read on the net.

Its a heinous crime and I don't downplay the tragedy, just the stupidity of the hype around insignificant details.

Edited by Sideline
  • Like 2

Sideline

Yip, I pointed this out to the guys and they ran the scanning to prove the facts. Utter nonsense to just hop on the media hype. Shameful I say :(

Cathy K

Thank you Sideline. I can't believe that people still think that the old South African and Rhodesian flags represent white supremacy.

Many Blacks fought under those banners; in the border conflict against insurgents, in the Second World War, in other conflicts. It was South Africa's official flag since 1928, long before apartheid became official policy.

Nobody in the world believe that the current South African and Zimbabwe flags represents the murder deaths of thousands, xenophobia, rampant crime and rape, nepotism and corruption, although those are endemic in the so-called "new democratic" South Africa.

• Like 1

CharleneK

Unfortunately the rest of the world and the media will either ignore or downplay the Photoshopping. It doesn't fit in with what they so desperately want to believe.

• Like 2

Sideline

Charlene,

True, however I firmly believe in one thing too.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone, at least you'll be standing for something rather than falling for anything.

:)

Edited by Sideline

ENGinCT

I think it's criminal that someone has tried to - by deliberate trickery - smear two entire peoples with these doctored images of the shooter. Makes my blood boil...

Where did those images first appear? Any lawyers on here - surely it's worth a class action suit?

• Like 1