Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Ontario PNP - Human Capital Priorities Stream

curious7

Finally submitted our Ontario application tonight.. Now praying and crossing every limb as the waiting begins 

• Like 2

Painter lady

Good luck @curious7! At last somebody to share the journey with us! 

curious7

Thank you! Same to you guys @Painter lady

• Like 1

Marcola

Thanks for sharing @Painter lady. Good to know what they will be looking for, even if it isnt my NOC :(.

• Like 1

Painter lady

@Marcola I have a feeling notifications of interest won't be limited to those NOC codes. I might be wrong, but as far as I can see people with those trades (without degrees) struggle to reach 400 points. 

Edited by Painter lady

Marcola

@Painter lady heres hoping!

• Like 1

Marcola

Hoorrraaaaaay!!!!! We have just received a NOI OINP at 400 CRS! Perseverance indeed paid of!!!

• Like 6

SunshineGirl
On 2016/03/07 at 4:17 PM, JumpingShip said:

Thanks MaryJane! Will give it about a month then create a new profile (every month if needs be:P) until it's our turn to receive an expression of interest. We're in the process of scheduling a meeting with Cobus Kriek from Matrixvisas (as recommended by a number of people on this forum), so hopefully they can assist in looking for (and securing) jobs thus improving our chance for an ITA :ilikeit:.

Hi, JumpingShip.  Please could I ask if your time with Cobus Kriek of Matrixvisas was worthwhile in terms of finding a job?  Thx

JumpingShip
48 minutes ago, SunshineGirl said:

Hi, JumpingShip.  Please could I ask if your time with Cobus Kriek of Matrixvisas was worthwhile in terms of finding a job?  Thx

Hi SunshineGirl. In short, no we did not receive the promised assistance with regards to looking for employment in Canada - reference letters, list of possible employers, etc. We chose to go with Matrixvisas, in stead of other immigration lawyers, specifically for the job-hunting assistance which we did not receive. Hopefully you have better luck ☺

SunshineGirl

Gosh, that's terrible.  Sorry that you were disappointed there.  Thanks for the info.

MaryJane

Hi @JumpingShip, where are you now in the process? Are you still in the pool? Or have you already gotten ITA and started the application process? I seem to recall you had about 420+ EE score...

JumpingShip

Hi MaryJane, you have a very good memory ;) yes, score was 426 before my birthday in April and thankfully received an ITA on 13 April 2017 when the points dropped! We basically have all the documents ready to upload, just waiting for our medicals scheduled for 20 May 2017 then we can submit (we couldn't go during the week and had to wait for an available Saturday to do our medicals). Hopefully we get good news in December 2017 as I understand that the process after submission of the application can take just over 6 months - what a Christmas present :santa: that would be :D!

• Like 1

curious7

Wanted to share our OINP outcome. A week after submitting our OINP application back in April, we received an ITA from CIC as the points dropped down to 415. Wanting to see if we could still get PNP to submit along with our PR application, we decided to not withdraw our OINP application. However, Ontario has declined our application as our profile is no longer visible in the EE pool. Our profile became invisible from the moment we received the ITA, before even submitting our PR application. As per their decision letter: "Please note that when you accept an Invitation to Apply from IRCC and apply for permanent residence, you are unable to concurrently continue 
your application with the OINP." 

So now just "patiently" waiting on our PR application... ?

SunshineGirl

@curious7, that's one less hoop for you to jump through :-)

curious7

Marcola

Good news. As of June 26, OINP will also be looking at profiles below CRS 400 for the ICT Sector, for candidates who still qualify under the Human Capital Stream. 

https://www.cicnews.com/2017/06/ontario-express-entry-stream-targets-information-and-communications-technology-workers-069278.html

• Like 2

MelanieJoy

Hi All,

I need your help. My partner (he is Principle Applicant) and I submitted our application under Human Capital Stream on 15 November 2017 after receiving an NOI. Our CRS score is 415.  We were in "decision in progress" stage and on 1 March 2018 received a letter from OINP requesting proof of funds (said ours wasn't unencumbered) and a query on education.

We are sorting out the proof of funds requirement.

Regarding education - we both had our education assessed prior to submitting our application by WES and authorised WES to share with OINP. The issue is that the WES says the main applicant's education is the equivalent of a Canadian diploma and not a degree.We are aware that a minimum of a degree is a requirement however had just submitted what we had. Do you think OINP will reject our application outright because of the education factor not being met or would we be able to get through as we meet all other requirements and can prove family relations in Canada.

I appreciate any help on this! We have until 1 April 2018 to respond to their ADR. Please help!!!

Marcola

Not sure. I do think though that they send NOIs to anyone over 400 (or this year over 420) but that the min requirements are a degree, the 67/100 etc. See below:

Minimum Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, candidates must:

• Score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS. The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage;
  • Have a minimum level of work experience;
    • Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) criteria must have at least one year of continuous and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
    • Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria must have at least one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
  • Have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that their foreign education credential is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD;
  • Demonstrate a language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
    • Language proficiency must be proved by test results from one of the following designated testing agencies:
      • IELTS (General Training Test only) for english;
      • CELPIP (General test only) for english; or
      • TEF for french;
  • Intend to reside in Ontario, as demonstrated by a statement of intent and indication of ties to Ontario;
  • Possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario. This must be supported by bank statements; and
  • Meet the additional criteria under either the FSWP or CEC. 

MelanieJoy
9 minutes ago, Marcola said:

Not sure. I do think though that they send NOIs to anyone over 400 (or this year over 420) but that the min requirements are a degree, the 67/100 etc. See below:

Minimum Eligibility Requirements

To be eligible under the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, candidates must:

• Score a minimum of 400 points under the CRS. The score must remain at or above 400 during both the Ontario nomination processing stage and at the federal application for permanent residence processing stage;
  • Have a minimum level of work experience;
    • Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) criteria must have at least one year of continuous and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) level 0, A, or B occupation in the five years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
    • Candidates who choose to be assessed against the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) criteria must have at least one year of cumulative and full-time employment experience, or part-time equivalent, in a NOC 0, A, or B occupation in Canada in the three years prior to the date of the NOI from the OINP.
  • Have a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree OR an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report produced by a designated organization indicating that their foreign education credential is equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD;
  • Demonstrate a language proficiency level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 or above in all four competencies (speaking, reading, writing, and listening);
    • Language proficiency must be proved by test results from one of the following designated testing agencies:
      • IELTS (General Training Test only) for english;
      • CELPIP (General test only) for english; or
      • TEF for french;
  • Intend to reside in Ontario, as demonstrated by a statement of intent and indication of ties to Ontario;
  • Possess sufficient funds to cover settlement costs in Ontario. This must be supported by bank statements; and
  • Meet the additional criteria under either the FSWP or CEC. 

Thanks for your quick response. We are hoping that because we meet all other requirements and would have over 67/100 that they nominate us. We should have checked the requirements more carefully before submitting the entire application :(