Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Ontario PNP - Human Capital Priorities Stream

Holmes Family
IMPORTANT: NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEES

Fees are non - refundable . The province of Ontario charges fees to partially recover the cost of administering OOPNP.

Since the application fee helps pay for the cost of processing applications, it will not be refunded even if the application

is not successful, if you withdraw the application at any stage of the process, or if the province cancels or withdraws the nomination.

Edited by Holmes Family

Wynloots

Hi Wyn, this is what the OOPNP says about funds:

C. Funds

Have sufficient funds supported by bank statements that are unencumbered and readily transferable in a convertible currency to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

You are required to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents in Ontario.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

Please refer to "Settlement Funds" of the Application Guide for more information.

This is the same as the FSW description of funds - "unencumbered" etc. Again, my FSW application has been approved with my provident fund as the backbone of our funds. I did a little balance statement (very little :D ) with house sale, cars, etc. and provident fund. Take away the provident fund and we're in trouble. No issues. Of course this makes sense as, when you resign, the fund is paid out to you less tax (which is what they expect if you immigrate). Not withstanding a valid job offer which is treated differently... My print out from Sanlam listed the amount and states that the amount is payable on death or resignation.

All the best folks. We trust there'll be good news soon! Don't ever give up!

Qrios1

Thanks for that insight Wyn. Glad to hear they accept it. Agreed, and I would never make the "groot trek" without selling off the big assets. I was thinking should the time come we would rent a flat. I am willing to fork out the R15k willing to do whatever. We know some people in Niagra, ON. Was thinking also of a LSD trip next year as they offered us accommodation, excitement is burning again as I must admit, hopes were fading :boxing:

OK so proof of funds. This is what my immigration lawyers told us. The pension funds doesn't do it, as it is considered encumbered. But I submitted it in any case. Then we used our house as proof of funds. This is what we gave.

1 bond statement showing outstanding balance

2 letter from Bank stating what the final payment amount is at that time, if any penalties are payable for early bond settlement and that we had given the bank notice on our bond, to which date the notice was valid, and the reference number of the notice.

3 remax letter from agent saying that they were retained them to sell our house, what the house was listed at, in other words asking price, what the house will realistic sell for, and that it is a fair market price. You can also include Web reference links so that they can see the house on the net.

Based on this the proof of funds was realistic selling price less the amount owed to the bank. This final figure was put on our application docs. No questions were asked.

To be fair, we did submit the bank statement to CIC once the proceeds of the house was in our bank account to complete the proof of funds bit.

Wynloots

I had a re-look at my balance statement, so the provident fund made a big contribution but, take it away and we still show enough funds. However, very little is actually liquid. I have a few investments (liquid) and a little cash (not enough to satisfy the fund requirement for 5). The rest was a property valuation vs. what I owe the bank and Trans union valuations of our cars. I haven't actually sold the house (not going to just yet) and I haven't sold the cars at the time of submitting. Therefore, I think it depends on the total picture that you can paint in support of the funds requirement.

RnR

I also jumped in! Withdrew and recreated it all. What an effort!

Holding thumbs that it aligns as W-T says!! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

W-T

I think after this ordeal the SACANADA team can start an EE profile creation business!

I also jumped in! Withdrew and recreated it all. What an effort!

Holding thumbs that it aligns as W-T says!! :ilikeit:

Raquel

Guys I have received 3" You have a new message on CIC" in the last hour! I have logged in each time and nothing!!!! What the hell is going on? Anyone experiencing the same thing??? :unsure:

Nelline

Let's hope it is the Ontario PNP chaps perusing your profile!!!

Guys I have received 3" You have a new message on CIC" in the last hour! I have logged in each time and nothing!!!! What the hell is going on? Anyone experiencing the same thing??? :unsure:

• Like 1

W-T

Hi I also got three messages in the last hour!

No clue what that that is supposed to mean. And when I log in there is not any new messages.

Raquel

Ahhhhh! Driving me crazy!!! Nelline... Holding thumbs :ilikeit:

Glad to see its not only me! ;)

• Like 1

W-T

Interesting the first message contained a reference to my "old profile".

And the next message was for the new profile.

• Like 1

RnR

Same comments from Canadavisa forum, but no one are sure.....

Hopefully Nelline is right!

Raquel

Never noticed that W-T... But I have the same scenario!

Omen of good things perhaps???

Holmes Family

The email to your old profile was probably the message to say your profile has been successfully withdrawn maybe?

I have gotten the same random messages too and nothing when logging in.

Holmes Family

I think i figured it out. The CIC email system was down, and therefore all our emails from recreating our profiles are now coming through.

I have a total of 4 today. 3 being messages (2 new 1 old) and a profile update (old)

In myCIC, i have a message on my old profile when i withdrew it, and then the standard 2 when you create a new profile. Then a message that your old profile was updated, ie it was successfully withdrawn.

Edited by Holmes Family

Qrios1

Same on my side 3 emails. I did find it odd that when I recreated my profile I didn't get any mails from CIC. Even logged in to check if I put the correct email in. And now we wait

Odendaal

Ok so I've re-done my profile and submitted it but now CIC is taking forever to send me that letter confirming my submission with my new E number......sigh

Qrios1

Ok so I've re-done my profile and submitted it but now CIC is taking forever to send me that letter confirming my submission with my new E number......sigh

Don't you get it immediately? At the bottom of your profile there should be messages from CIC? I didn't get the emails but still able to do the job bank portion and complete my re submition

Odendaal

Nope, nothing!

Plus, I've had to change hubby's job title and now all it says is "update not submitted" on the home page....guess I'll check it again in the morning?

Ok ok I got the message now :P

Edited by L+MOdendaal

Holmes Family

Dear Holmes,

The Government of Ontario is interested in considering you for nomination under its Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) through Express Entry.

If you want Ontario to consider you for nomination under its PNP you must contact Ontario directly after receiving this letter. Note that this letter of interest is not a guarantee that you will be nominated by Ontario. You will first have to satisfy Ontario that you meet the requirements of their program.

:king: :king: :clown: :clown: :clown::king: :king: :clown::magic: :magic: :magic::ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ok now what the heck do I do. Wait for a possible draw this Friday and see if they go down to 468 or lower, or pay the R15000 and get the 600 points to be gaurenteed in the next draw. Im leaning heavily on the PNP, especially seeing as its the one province we REALLY want to go to.

Edited by Holmes Family
  • Like 3

Odendaal

Congrats Holmes!!!!!

MaryJane

:king: :king: :clown: :clown: :clown::king: :king: :clown::magic: :magic: :magic::ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ok now what the heck do I do. Wait for a possible draw this Friday and see if they go down to 468 or lower, or pay the R15000 and get the 600 points to be gaurenteed in the next draw. Im leaning heavily on the PNP, especially seeing as its the one province we REALLY want to go to.

Excellent news!!!!!

Edited by MaryJane