Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Ontario PNP - Human Capital Priorities Stream

Holmes Family

So this is interesting. Now the question begs itself, is how closely do they follow their own rules.

For us to recreate our profile is no real biggie as we should loose nothing technically but is it worth it because again technically, we don't actually qualify for the Ontario PNP.

I have work experience in my field (software development) to yesterday but don't have a Degree. My Wife has her Masters(Canadian equivalent) but her work experience in a University lecturer is 8 years ago, ie outside the last 5...

Would it be worthwhile to resubmit. Is their any chance that they will go against their own rules slightly?

Raquel

It is the most bizarre thing I have heard!!! On the other forum it appears that people who had over 400 points received a PT, however didn't actually qualify as they only had diploma and not a degree!!! So you send in your application and spend 1500 CAD and then you are told you didn't actually qualify??? Money not refundable either?!?!

Raquel

I do think its worth resubmitting as you have nothing to loose!

Raquel, my advice is go for it! Things are happening with the Ontario stream, where you are still waiting for the other PNP nominations.

Don't delay, grab the opportunity. That's my advice.

Raquel

Thanks Werner - I am busy withdrawing and creating new profile as we speak... :unsure: Hope I am not making a mistake!

Oh well here goes...

• Like 1

Thanks Werner - I am busy withdrawing and creating new profile as we speak... :unsure: Hope I am not making a mistake!

Oh well here goes...

Take a leap of faith into the unknown (well immigration at best can be summed up in that one sentence alone) and see what the results are. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Sending you good energy and hope this is the lucky break you have been waiting for

Rikj

Stressful!

Thanks for the info though!

1 June still makes no sense to me either haha!

;p

Holmes Family

Ok recreating our profile now.

"Has Holmes applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?"

Please help, do i say yes or no?

Raquel

I said yes... rather disclose everything and be safe!

Wynloots

Fortune favors the brave, good luck you guys!

Wynloots

Raquel, next time you can't sleep let me know, I'll bring my kids around for an hour...

Raquel

lol - no thanks Wyn!

I have enough problems already, that's why I couldn't sleep! :blush::sleep:

Holmes Family

Ok what a mission, profile recreated and done and dusted. Same points. One thing i found, is that my wife's current job (Executive Medical Rep) is on the NOC list as category B, meaning she can apply and be valid valid for the Ontario PNP. She was going under Lecturing which she did for Wits 8 years ago, but this now means we are eligible under her current Job :king::clown::grad:

• Like 3

Raquel

Awesome Holmes Family!!!

I agree it is a mission! but its done now... now we wait :):whistling:

• Like 2

Ooooh.... Well done guys.... I'm crossing everything I can for you.... Let's hope there are responses soon.

Raquel

Thanks Werner - receiving only good energy! ;) Thanks...

Odendaal

Hey guys...did you remove your self from the job bank as well? Then register again when you opened a new EE profile?

Edited by L+MOdendaal

W-T

Life is so funny - the one day that I do not visit SACANADA I almost missed out on very critical information.....

Thank you MaryJane for keeping us on our toes!

So after some speed reading I took an executive decision and completed a brand new EE profile this morning :)

Here is to hoping that the CIC sun, moon and stars will align for us. :magic:

• Like 1

Raquel

Yup - inactivated my job bank profile and re-registered with new EE details.

• Like 1

Raquel

Okay W-T

1 - NEVER miss a day! :) Rookie error!!!

2 - did you not have withdrawal symptoms?!?! :stretcher:

W-T

I do suffer from withdrawal symptoms but I sometimes work interferes with my passion :angry:

Okay W-T

1 - NEVER miss a day! :) Rookie error!!!

2 - did you not have withdrawal symptoms?!?! :stretcher:

Raquel

Yup I have the same prob! Lol glad you are back on track! ;) holding thumbs for us!

• Like 1

Qrios1

So just re-created my profile didn't take me that long but suppose one has to do the PT (no pun intended)

The funds story is worrying me one has to have all that CAD$ in your bank account as liquid cash. I was hoping to show that I am selling my house and cashing in our pensions. This is the only thing keeping me up at night. Should I sell my house now already? :censored:

Wynloots

Are you sure it needs to be liquid? Who has that kind of cash laying around?? Are you sure provident fund is not acceptable, I used this as the backbone of my "proof of funds" as it is now well established that a provident fund statement is acceptable (under FSW at least)... Make doubly sure, provident fund is payable on resignation and as liquid as it comes for the purposes of immigration into Canada (or emigration from SA?? :blink: ).

Qrios1

Hi Wyn, this is what the OOPNP says about funds:

C. Funds

Have sufficient funds supported by bank statements that are unencumbered and readily transferable in a convertible currency to cover settlement costs in Ontario.

You are required to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents in Ontario.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

Please refer to "Settlement Funds" of the Application Guide for more information.