Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Ontario PNP - Human Capital Priorities Stream

Odendaal

Thanks MJ, for this. Hahaha Raquel I also can't remember which provinces I picked :whistling: but knowing me, I chose the all provinces one since we are desperate to leave.

Rikj

Ah okay thanks Mary Jane - fingers crossed! :)

MaryJane

Hi guys

Just an update....

Seems like there's a lot of movement on this for a few days now. PT notifications are flying all over the place.

See Canadavisa discussion topic of people receiving PTs yesterday (June 8) - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/any-oopnp-pts-today-ie-june-8th-t302605.0.html

And Canadavisa discussion topic of people receiving PTs today (June 9) - http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-received-oopnp-today-9th-june-t303633.0.html

To those in wait, good luck!

Hi MJ

Thanks for the update. Just a question (at the risk of sounding stupid) - PT definition being....? :blush:

PT in the good 'ol days (and in my books) is something one did in school ......... (And this Pietie didn't particularly enjoy PT in school.....) :king:

Eish - i think we need to write the official CIC Acronyms Dictionary and we will call it the CICAD

Edited by WernerC

Odendaal

Wow loads of people are getting it! People with points in the 470 range right down to people in the low 400's ?

MaryJane

Thanks for the update. Just a question (at the risk of sounding stupid) - PT definition being....? :blush:

No worries. At first, when I was following the threads on Canadavisa, I didn't know what the heck PT was.

But a quick look at the Ontario PNP website told me that they call their invite notification, "PT notification of interest". So I guess the people on the other forum (and now me) are just using the correct prim and proper terminology to refer to it.

• Like 1

Rikj

Hi guys

There seems to be some confusion- maybe someone can help clarify.

1. To qualify does the ee have to be submitted after 1 June ?

Should we resubmit our profile?

Odendaal

Yea I also saw some people resubmitting their profiles :s

Rikj

What do you guys reckon? Re-submit?

Doesn't really make sense though that they would only look at ee applications after 1 June :/

Raquel

Rikj, I think people would have resubmitted if they hadn't selected Ontario as a province they would like to reside in in their fist profile... As this was a requirement to be considered...

• Like 1

Rikj

Ah yeah possibly. Seems like some just withdrew and submitted again so that their application was posted post 1 June:/

I was wondering maybe that's why ours hasn't been selected:(

Raquel

I don't think it makes sense to place a date submitted tag on it... Also nothing was mentioned as a requirement that EE profile had to be created after a certain date.

• Like 1

MaryJane

Hi guys

I was also alarmed when I saw that they were talking about re-creating EE profiles so I went digging like an archaeologist.

After much searching, found this link provided.....

NB: Ontario can only see EE profiles created after June 1, 2015.

If you are interested in this PNP stream, there's no time to waste. Another set of PTs might be sent out tomorrow.

Good luck!

Added: Important text provided:

"Important:

June 1st Restriction
At this time Ontario can only search the Express Entry Pool for candidates who meet Ontario's Human Capital Priorities stream criteria and who have submitted an Express Entry profile on or after June 1st 2015.

Accordingly, for the Human Capital Priorities stream, Ontario will only send notifications of interest to candidates who submitted an Express Entry profile on June 1st or after."

Edited by MaryJane

Raquel

This makes absolutely NO sense in my head!!! :( now what the hell do I do?! Create a new profile in the HOPE that Ontorio pick me, at the expense of loosing my previous PNP applications as I will need to withdraw my other profile?!?!?! :cry: some guidance please!

PS: thanks MJ for digging to help us along!

Edited by Raquel

MaryJane

Hi Raquel

Reading through the threads of people who've received PTs recently, they've withdrawn their previous EE profiles and re-submitted them. Hence, their profiles are all post-June 1st. No guarantees, but most seem to have gotten PTs. So there seems to be a real opportunity somewhere here. One thing to remember is that the PT is only a notification of interest. Ontario only has so much nominations they can give, and it will most likely become first come, first serve at this point. Whoever is the fastest to submit with the money and docs, those will be processed first. (similar to the caps in the old FSW stream).

Once you accept the PT notification of interest (and pay the fee, of course) then you have so many days to submit your docs to verify if you indeed qualify under Ontario's PNP stream. There could be some more waiting to be done around this time. But if all goes well, you get your PNP certificate (or it is emailed/attached to your EE profile) and you get your 600 points.

As for actually going ahead and risking your other PNPs, only you can determine that. I'm sorry not to be of much help in this regard. How confident are you with the other PNP streams that you've applied for?

I just had a fleeting thought (could be brilliant or idiotic at this stage of the game). If you and your spouse have both submitted EE profiles, one of you could do this withdraw and re-create process and the other could just stay on course with the original EE profile.

I read this one guy lamenting how crazy all these PNP streams were going and I would tend to agree. But hey, they make our lives interesting! :lol:

Good luck with whatever you decide. I am sure it will not be easy. But I'll be here for you. :hug:

Edited by MaryJane
  • Like 1

Raquel

Yeah I have thought of the spouse option! He does not qualify as a principle applicant! :cry: stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!!!!!

MaryJane

Good Lord, Raquel! What are you doing in SACanada at this ungodly hour???!!!

Get some sleep and wait for reinforcement in the morning (SA time). Who knows, the answer might come to you during the night.

Kidding aside, you probably won't wanna hear this, but I'll say it anyways, if you do want to make the withdraw/recreate decision, you'd have to do it soon before all the Ontario PTs fly off the shelf.

Raquel

lol MJ! Yes I usually sleep well every night, but as things would have it I cannot sleep tonight! :( decided to check my nails and got your post on this mess in my life! Lol well that's my sleep out the window now!!!!

When you are determined, you'll do ANYTHING!!! ;)

I am currently researching whether all PT notifications haven't been issued already?! Any progress on this your side?

• Like 1

MaryJane

LOL! Thought you were some kind of insomniac like me. I am, most days, only sleeping an average of 5 hours. I visit the forum to fall asleep and I am still holding my phone/iPad as I wake up. So the forum is the first thing I do. That is why I seem to be everywhere. Just not when it's lunch, then I just read the responses and eat with my other hand.

I don't think most of the PT receivers had much time to react to it yet. They still need to gather documents, fill out forms, prepare the monies....I think it's all fair game at this point.

I read on one of the threads from an applicant who phoned Ontario directly and this is what they found out: Ontario does not know how the system picks the EE candidates. It is haphazard and random. Some have guessed that it could be NOC related and some said it depends on how strong the ties are in Ontario. None true. Based on the chosen profiles, nothing fits. Ontario did confirm though that they can only see profiles after June 1. PTs will be sent out until they reach their threshold intake limit. (I am assuming this means once they get 2700 EE successful applicants, not 2700 PTs).

NB: Can't seem to find where the threads are. I'll have to link them up later.

Added: Here's the thread - reply #33....

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/who-received-oopnp-today-9th-june-t303633.30.html

Edited by MaryJane

Nelline

Raquel - my thoughts are go for it. Withdraw and Re-submit your profile. If push comes to shove maybe you can link your current PNP applications to it later on. But the Ontario opportunity won't be available forever.

• Like 1

Nelline

MJ this sounds typically Ontario!!! :-(

• Like 1

Nelline

You're lucky to get 5 hours, I am averaging 4 at the moment! :oops:

Raquel

Oh no guys! This lack of sleep is no good for your beauty ladies! lol :hug: that's why you guys are always everywhere on the forum!!!

All I can say is it's gonna be a long day at work tomorrow!

Anyhow back to the topic... Nelline, you reckon if I ref my current profile number on my new one, my current PNPs could still be valid?

• Like 1

Nelline

There are no guarantees but I'm hoping they will be. But a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Oh no guys! This lack of sleep is no good for your beauty ladies! lol :hug: that's why you guys are always everywhere on the forum!!!

All I can say is it's gonna be a long day at work tomorrow!

Anyhow back to the topic... Nelline, you reckon if I ref my current profile number on my new one, my current PNPs could still be valid?

Raquel

Yes of course... No guarantees, I understand that! Thanks Nelline and MJ.

• Like 1