Sign in to follow this  
MaryJane

Ontario PNP - Human Capital Priorities Stream

Ooh Raquel (and others) this could be exactly what you have been waiting for. Quick quick quick - grab the opportunity.

MJ - awesome post. Thanks for sharing!

Raquel

Werner & MJ thanks for the notification...

I'm on it! ;)

• Like 2

Raquel

Quick question - seems I comply with all the requirements and have done everything the PNP requires, except one of the requirements I am not sure what I ticked:

• When you register for Express Entry, you must indicate your interest in immigrating to either Ontario or “All Provinces and Territories.”

I am not sure what I selected upon registration and I am not sure how to check this on my CIC profile now? :unsure:

Can anyone help? Perhaps I will need to create a new profile - which is no good for my other PNP's. :(

Edited by Raquel

Raquel, I can't be of much assistance here but I do know that you can't create multiple EE profiles. I follow CIC on Twitter and they have on numerous occasions stated that multiple profiles might get you disqualified. Dont risk it.

So my logical conclusion is that you must be able to modify your profile somewhere

Raquel

No, no - it was never my intention to carry multiple profiles... I would create a new one and withdraw the old one...

Thing is, I think, that you answer a series of questions when you create the initial "phase" of your profile where they ask this question and then you create the profile with all your credential, personal info, etc...

The amendment option is to amend "phase two" of the profile :(

I think I ticked "All" options or at the very least included Ontario (cos I thought of Toronto)... but I am unsure as I remember changing it... :blink:

Oh right. OK with you now. If you then can withdraw one and load another, just do that. All you have to loose is a couple of hours and some Internet bandwidth.....

Raquel

Well not exactly, as my other PNP's are referenced to my current profile! :blink:

Eish.... I don't know. Other EE applicants need to answer/assist you with this one.

Raquel

lol Wern - thanks tho! ;)

klee4leel

Awesome news and thanks for sharing MaryJane :)

ChrisG

Also going for this. My brother lives in Oakville. Just need to get his unabridged birth certificate now to get this rolling.

It is a bit pricey but worth it. CAD 1500 to enter but it will be worth it. Non-refundable but you'll get an answer and they seem to be only inviting 5200 people in total.

Raquel

Chris - do you also understand that once you are in the EE Pool AND meet the requirements, we have to wait for an invitation from Ontario PNP?

Or did I miss something that we need to do in between?

ChrisG

100%. If you are above 400 points, they check the pool out and see who is interested in moving to Ontario. You have to select either Ontario or All provinces.

That is how I understood it. Found out about it yesterday morning and have been reading like crazy and talking to my brother. I have to go apply for his birth certificate as there is no other way for us to prove we are brothers.

Raquel

great!

Ooooi veiiii - hope the process is a fast one for you so you don't miss out!!!

will keep my fingers crossed for you!

ChrisG

I hope so too. Only getting my IELTS marks next week Friday. One positive thing is that they'll only do draws after 45 days or something for the PNP there so I have more than enough time to get the documentation in order.

My wife and I spoke last night about this and we thought about the R15 000 that we'd have to dish out. Even if we might lose that money, it's worth trying as we don't want to settle anywhere else except Ontario.

Raquel

Oh well - in that case, give it a bash... Do you meet the minimum 400 points?

I wasn't aware that there would be a fee to apply... but it is a hefty fee for us in ZAR... anyhow worth weighting up your "future" vs "hefty fee"!

good luck!

ChrisG

Luckily, both my wife and I meet the minimum requirements regardless of who the main applicant is.

They say the fee is there to ensure the process is fast and efficient. I think it is there to put off anyone from applying for the program. Only people who really want to go to Ontario will pay the fee. That is what I think in any case.

It is hefty but it's nothing compared to getting in there and having an awesome future :)

RnR

Thanks Mary Jane!

This is awesome news, unfortunately we don't make the 400 points. Old age is catching up with us.... :blush:

RnR

I saw this extract on the application form regarding FSWP. I thought you could only apply under EE?

Assessment against FSWP criteria

Additionally, if you choose to qualify under the FSWP criteria, you will also be assessed against CIC’s six selection factors to ensure you meet the minimum of 67 points for the FSWP.

Anyone with knowledge please help!

ChrisG

If you qualify under FSW for EE, you still have to qualify for their criteria. They are just making double sure but in most cases, if you apply for EE and are accepted under FSW, you will qualify for Ontario FSW.

Edited by ChrisG

RnR

If you qualify under FSW for EE, you still have to qualify for their criteria. They are just making double sure but in most cases, if you apply for EE and are accepted under FSW, you will qualify for Ontario FSW.

I think I misunderstood. The 400 points still applies, you then need to select FSWP or CEC? :cry:

Edited by RnR

ChrisG

You have to have 400 points for EE to qualify for this.

So first step is 400 points EE then 67 points FSW. It's weird that they ask for both but that is the case.

Rikj

Hey guys

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but don't You need to receive a "notification of interest" from them first before we can go ahead?

MaryJane

Hey guys

I'm not sure if I understand this correctly but don't You need to receive a "notification of interest" from them first before we can go ahead?

Yes, this is correct. You can't do much now until the notification comes from them.

To be selected for the notification of interest though, your EE profile needs to have certain "conditions":

- you have chosen to settle either "Ontario" or "All Canadian provinces and territories".

- you qualify on EE and have minimum 400 CRS points

- if you apply FSW, you need to have 1 year full time continuous employment in the past 5 years

- if you apply CEC, you need to have 1 year full time continuous employment in the past 3 years

- possession of either Bachelors, Masters or PHD degree

- minimum language score of 7 on all aspects of the test (speaking, writing, reading, listening)

- settlement funds

• Like 1