Sign in to follow this  
Qrios1

PNP Route under EE

Qrios1

Maybe it's time for an EE PNP discussion. I think it's worth discussion as 600 points are added to your score and obviously many people are trying to go via that route. I have a couple of questions in this regard so please feel free to add your valuable contribution

There are a few open ones: Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Prince Edward Island, New Brrunswick (CAD$ 250 fee applicable) there might be others? Specifically not requiring a job

Can one apply to more than 1 at the same time? Or will there be any repercussions

Where you are closely connected to a province through friends and family how will they vouch your relationship of friends?

Status of other PNP programs once they go live like BC and ON

Thanks

• Like 1

Nelline

I've not read anything to tell me that you cannot apply for more than one Province's PNP

• Like 1

MaryJane

Can one apply to more than 1 at the same time? Or will there be any repercussions

For PEI, no multiple application allowed.

"No Multiple Application Policy

The Office of Immigration, Settlement and Population will not accept applications from an individual who has an application currently in process with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Quebec or other provincial nominee programs."

Added: Here's one for MPNP

"Who cannot apply to the MPNP?

The following are NOT eligible to submit an application to the MPNP:

Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process

Live-in Caregivers currently living in Canada

Temporary Foreign Workers currently working and residing in a province other than Manitoba

Spouses of Canadian Citizens or permanent residents

Individuals who have been refused by the MPNP within the last 6 months and who are not able to address the reason(s) for refusal

Individuals who have an active immigration application with any other provincial immigration program in Canada"

I am assuming then that the other provinces might have something like this in place. The purpose of applying PNP is that you want to live/settle in THAT particular province. I believe this is one question that will come up when you express your intention to apply for PNP. I think if you apply to one province while in process with another may constitute as some kind of misrepresentation.

Where you are closely connected to a province through friends and family how will they vouch your relationship of friends?

I know that for Manitoba (MPNP), they provided letters of support or some sort of affidavit. For family relations, you'll need to prove relationship, maybe something like birth certificates of the relative to show how you are connected.

Status of other PNP programs once they go live like BC and ON

Don't know much about these but to be frank.....I haven't heard of anybody coming through with an Ontario PNP for a while.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MaryJane
  • Like 2

Qrios1

Brilliant prompt responses thank you MJ. Has anyone applied to a particular province. I have to Manitoba but actually would like to apply to BC, ON, or AB provinces. Some PNPs have caps and I think NB has like 5000 spots only. Good luck all

• Like 1

Raquel

I have recently applied to PEI. Was hoping to apply to Nova Scotia as well this week but now am concerned as I wasn't aware that you cannot apply to more than one at a time!

I thought you could apply to both but if the progress commences with one, then you can withdraw the other...

As I understood, you are simply expressing your interest to live in that province, and should they nominate you, then withdrawing the other one would be the right thing to do...

Edited by Raquel

MaryJane

Hi Raquel

I'm not really sure how one province will find out if you've got another PNP application going.

But in my humble opinion, I think it's a bit risky to have 2 different PNP applications. Although you can withdraw applications (whichever one comes first), beware of the warning below:

"Withdraw of Nomination by PEI PNP Office Policy

The Office of Immigration, Settlement and Population reserves the right to withdraw a nomination if an applicant has provided false or misleading information in declaring their intent to live and work in Prince Edward Island or no longer meets the criteria under which they were nominated."

• Like 1

Thank you for the valuable information MJ! I will pass it on to an ex SA work colleague that just recently submitted his immigration application for Canada. I agree with your last post; rather be safe than sorry!

Raquel

Thanks MJ. I will certainly hold back on submitting the second one, as I do agree I should rather be safe than sorry!

Edited by Raquel
  • Like 1

Raquel

For PEI, no multiple application allowed.

"No Multiple Application Policy

The Office of Immigration, Settlement and Population will not accept applications from an individual who has an application currently in process with Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Quebec or other provincial nominee programs."

So I read this as currently having an application in process.... Meaning that being in the EE pool, or sending an expression of interest to PEI to immigrate there but not having the process started as yet... This is not yet in process-right?

Qrios1

This would also be my interpretation Raquel. I think it applies to people who have received an ITA and or other stream pre EE like FSW

• Like 1

Nelline

That is exactly my interpretation too - however I would check with a professional just to be sure

This would also be my interpretation Raquel. I think it applies to people who have received an ITA and or other stream pre EE like FSW

• Like 1

jenkies01

we are coming to canada via SINP..my husband was nominated and the nomination took about 3months to come through..we are now hoping to receive an Ita for EE.lets wait and see..good luck to everyone else

Qrios1

Jenkies congrats to you guys! did your husband receive a job offer?

jenkies01

thank you..yes he got a job offer and we are using a immigration consultant who is based in saskatchewan she is very thorough with her paperwork.we are sitting here biting our nails and holding our thumbs to hear if we were one of the chosen for ee...lol

Qrios1

Brilliant what was your score? If it was above the cutoff of the last draw then yes you will receive an ITA. It does take up to sometimes more than 24 hours for that mail to come through. PNPs are rolling out slowly as EE is new many are trying to align their programs to facilitate EE. Some have even suspended their programs to make enhancements.

Edited by Qrios1

chantelie
thank you..yes he got a job offer and we are using a immigration consultant who is based in saskatchewan she is very thorough with her paperwork.we are sitting here biting our nails and holding our thumbs to hear if we were one of the chosen for ee...lol[/quot

Who are you using Anika? And where in SK are you guys setteling? Goodluck with your application.

jenkies01

we will most definitely be watching our mails like hawks...we are super excited..we started with the immigration idea about a year ago..a few stumble blocks later and here we are now patiently waiting..we applied on every website and of course approached some companies directly via email.if you would like to make use of our consultant..you can leave me your email address and i will fw

d her details.she only does immigratiin and not the settlement service.we are going to a little place called kindersley.

• Like 1

chantelie

We are in Swift Current also small. About 2 hours from Kindersley. We really enjoy it here.

jenkies01

hi chantellie,we saw that on the map...we are trying to read and get as much info as we can,kindersley looks like areally nice town,ive already made contact with the schools there,and they seem very nice.i prefer a small town to a big city.for how long have you been there?

jenkies01

hi chantellie,we saw that on the map...we are trying to read and get as much info as we can,kindersley looks like areally nice town,ive already made contact with the schools there,and they seem very nice.i prefer a small town to a big city.for how long have you been there?

chantelie

We landed 7 november via SINP. I think Kinderlsey is smaller than Swift I have not been so I am not sure. Everyone here is generally very nice. I am sure you guys will enjoy it.

Sweepea

although the EE is quite new, can anybody provide insights on which Provinces have lower requirements and would be easier to get into? Apart from that, what attracted you to the provinces you applied to? for those living in Canada already, why did you settle in the province that you are in currently? i know its a personal choice but would appreciate your experiences and views. i dont have the minimum 400 points on the EE so cannot apply to Ontario from the looks of it:( we are 42 and 43 so age not on our side for this.

i see BC is not part of the programme yet. Im a CA and my husband is in Internal audit. We have 2 babies turning 1 year old and would like a balanced lifestyle with good schools in the area and good jobs without hour long trips to get to work. Not sure which is the best province for Finance jobs? Sjoe i really feel like its starting all over again after having applied under the FSW programme and not getting in before the cap.

Raquel - why did you apply to the provinces you did?

we dont have family or friends in Manitoba.

thinking of applying for hubby under a separate application to hopefully increase our chances.

thanks!

Raquel

Sweepea - I know it feels like starting from scratch - and I guess in a way it is, BUT lets put your big girl panties on and give it good fight! :hug::boxing:

here are my reasons for applying to PEI and NS:

PEI - I am also a CA and in finance and looking for a well balanced life where we can start a family... from my research and discussions with Nelline (she resides in PEI) we feel like we could fit right into the slower paced life. Read up about why I choose PEI here: http://www.opportunitiespei.ca/choosepei,every item listed under "CHOOSE PEI" is why we applied for PEI PNP. Sure the jobs may not be bursting at the seams, but from my discussions with Nelline, finance jobs are available and it is the seasonal jobs that are a problem in PEI... No job offer needed here and it was a simple completion of a one pager to express you interest and e-mail it back with ref to your EE profile.

http://www.opportunitiespei.ca/pnp/index.php3?number=1014385〈=E

NS - This is our second choice. From my research, NS seems to be like PEI, but more fast paced and with much more opps available. Finance (NOC code 1111) is on their skills shortage list and we qualified to submit PNP. Also no Job offer required here as I think its still in "pilot project phase" so perhaps its a good idea to get in early here...

http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/

Both the above are also free to submit an application and they refer back to your EE profile.

Good luck Sweepea - and PM me if you would like to chat further...

Edited by Raquel