Sign in to follow this  
Holmes Family

EE Upcoming rounds of invitations guesses

Holmes Family

Congratz Cilliers. WHOOP WHOOP!!!!

Thanks Werner, my thoughts too but just wanted to double check :)

• Like 1

MagdaO

Congratulations CilliersC! Great!

• Like 1

ChrisG

Congrats Cilliersc :)

• Like 1

W-T

Congrats CilliersC!

• Like 1

Claire T

Congrats Holmes Family and CilliersC!

Exciting times ahead for your families!

• Like 1

ryan01

Congrats Holmes Family and CilliersC :ilikeit: :D

• Like 1

Helanie

Awesome CilliersC and Holmes family!!!! Great news!!! Exciting times ahead!

• Like 1

Looney

Big congratulations to Cilliers C and Holmes family!!

Holmes Family

Thanks all.

Application almost done. Just going to go through it tonight to confirm that everything is captured 100%

Then I believe we get the page to upload all our documents followed by a payment info page and then final confirmation/review.

Where do we get the info needed to book medicals?

Seems the linksfield place is no longer registered so Northcliff it is but we have to first fill out the forms which require IME and/or UCI numbers which i assuem we get on the next step of the application?

Thanks again all.

• Like 1

ChrisG

Hi HolmesFamily! Congrats on the ITA.

You need to book and do up front medicals. You don't get an IME number as that was part of the old system. What you'll get now is a print out from your doctor that you have to upload with all your documentation.

You require a medical exam. Instructions on how to get an upfront medical exam are available at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-temp.aspOpens a new window In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload either the information printout sheet, or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these documents when you complete your medical exam.

This is what it says when you click the helper button on the Proof of Medical in the document list.

Edited by ChrisG
  • Like 1

ChrisG

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

Go to that page.

Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Required for certain categories: see your application guide)

This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

• they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system:

• they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

• Like 1

CilliersC

We were directed to : http://traveldoctor.co.za/canadian-immigration-medicals/ which seems to be in partnership with World wide travel medical consultants.

I have filled in forms for my Wife and I and just supplied N/A in the reference number as we only really have an EE number; I did however attach the letter of invitation to the mail so will see if they require anything else? :whistling:

Holmes Family

Thats it i believe. I have just sent ours off this morning.

I did also attache the online forms we did that you get emailed. The Lady i spoke to yesterday said i must just put NA in a field and attache the Invitation letter so spot on there :)

So i sent :

4 x online forms

4 x scanned passports

1 x MyCIC Invitation

Thanks all for your help.

Holmes Family

Ok medicals booked for the 22nd July at 8AM. Then assuming we get the form that we can apply with there, we will submit our final application that afternoon :):) :)

Woot Woot

Edited by Holmes Family
  • Like 3

W-T

Good luck! Will be rooting for you guys!

CilliersC

Ok medicals booked for the 22nd July at 8AM. Then assuming we get the form that we can apply with there, we will submit our final application that afternoon :):) :)

Woot Woot

We're booked for 12pm on the same day B):P

I found some more info here http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/medical-examinationmade-easy-t133692.0.html but is there some more insight into the procedures during the "Medical Examination by Doctor" part as the rest is quite self explanatory :unsure:

• Like 1

ChrisG

Got back from the doctor yesterday. He passed us on our medicals. Gave us a clean bill of health. Just doing the x-rays tomorrow and then waiting for the PCC.

The doctor just does a normal check up e.g. check the eyes, ears, neck, chest and blood pressure. They also check your weight, height and do an eye test.

Nothing too serious. If you do have white coat syndrome or get anxious like me, your BP will go up a bit. Just try and go in there relaxed.

• Like 3

Holmes Family

Thanks guys, Good link there Cillers. We will possibly see/meet you on the 22nd then :D:D:D:D

• Like 1

Awesome news guys. You are this far in the process..... It is not long to go now.

Just a note about your medicals. If anybody in the family wears glasses, be sure to take them with to the medical. Also if you are on any medication, just get a letter beforehand from the GP saying what medication you are on and what it is for and take it with you to your appointment.

We used worldwide travel medical consultants and they are great. Everything is done on premises and no need to go to different places for blood tests and x-rays.

Be sure to arrive 15 minutes early to complete the paper work and photographs.

ChrisG

I guess it depends where you go to. The doctor we went to was quite awesome. My wife just told him the meds she is on and he knew exactly what it was for.

For my glasses, they didn't really do anything with it. Just wanted to see it.

• Like 1

Holmes Family

So a FYI.... :mellow::cry: :cry: :badidea: :badidea:

The Spouse of the PA does indeed need employment letters

:badidea: :badidea:

Raquel

Nooo - that is not cool...

• Like 1

Helanie

That really sucks - we did not need to do this for the Federal Skilled worker program last year!!! :whistling: Oh no.... Good luck guys! :boxing:

So a FYI.... :mellow::cry: :cry: :badidea: :badidea:

The Spouse of the PA does indeed need employment letters

:badidea: :badidea:

So not cool!!!! As Helanie said, we didn't have to do that last year.....

Holmes Family

Yip, finally got through to the document checklist last night and its there, all 6 of my jobs for the last decade :badidea: :badidea:

Oh well. I have already requested 2 of them, getting contact details for the other 3 and then my current employer....ummm awkward :mellow: :mellow: