Sign in to follow this  
Holmes Family

EE Upcoming rounds of invitations guesses

KarinS

This is good news. I just checked our profile - we have 960 points, but it still shows "no invitation at this time" Does it take a while for the profiles to be updated or should I be worried?

ChrisG

So close. Just loaded our profile last night. Have 470 points so not long now and we'll hopefully get an invite.

• Like 4

KarinS

Chris - you are so close now!! We will keep all our fingers and toes crossed for the points to drop some more!

ChrisG

Thanks. Congratulations to you KarinS :) just read that ita takes 24 hours to come through.

• Like 1

KarinS

Thank you Chris :)

Raquel

Wow that's awesome all! Congrats! :ilikeit:

Raquel

I wonder what would happen in a scenario where a PNP application is in progress and you received an ITA for PR... Any thoughts? Could you do them simultaneously? If the PNP application monies were not cashed could you withdraw them and rather go with PR?

MaryJane

I wonder what would happen in a scenario where a PNP application is in progress and you received an ITA for PR... Any thoughts? Could you do them simultaneously? If the PNP application monies were not cashed could you withdraw them and rather go with PR?

Hmmm... I'm not sure how you would withdraw without the PNP being started already. How would they find you?? Probably couldn't do both simultaneously... I suppose ITA is the surer thing?

For OOPNP, this was mentioned somewhere on the guide but the scenario was if you had submitted and they are already assessing and then you receive ITA subsequently, they won't refund you if you decide to go ahead with the ITA and withdraw your PNP application.

Raquel

Hmmm makes sense MJ. I guess the way to look at it is that hopefully one or the other will at least come through! :ilikeit:

Qrios1

So close. Just loaded our profile last night. Have 470 points so not long now and we'll hopefully get an invite.

Chris how did you do in IELTS? That's a pretty decent score you have gotten there! Are you not going the OOPNP route as your brother is there if I can recall. By the way what's background? Do you have your Masters?

ChrisG

Chris how did you do in IELTS? That's a pretty decent score you have gotten there! Are you not going the OOPNP route as your brother is there if I can recall. By the way what's background? Do you have your Masters?

Got an overall 8.5 and my wife got overall 8. Got maximum points there.

I think it's because they see my qualifications as equivalent to two canadian bachelors' degrees so I got to choose the next step up in that category. Then my wife has a bachelors degree as well.

I was thinking of going OOPNP but we decided to hold off until the New Year and if we don't have an ITA by then, we'll go that route. Funnily enough, we didn't get any extra points for my brother being there.

KarinS

We received our invitation to apply for PR. Now for the police clearances for SA and Aus!

• Like 7

Qrios1

Congrats on the ITA Karin.

• Like 1

KarinS

Thank you Qrios :)

Raquel

Congrats Karin

• Like 1

MagdaO

We received our invitation to apply for PR. Now for the police clearances for SA and Aus!

Congrats Karin. Happy for you!

• Like 1

Nelline

Congrats Karin! I betcha you have your Ozzie PC before the SA one... that's what happened with me - got the UK one (in Canada) way before the SA one landed at an SA address!

• Like 1

Helanie

Congrats Karin!! So happy for you!!

• Like 1

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Wonderful news! Congrats.

• Like 1

M-N

I'd highly recommend going with DocAssist. We got ours in a month. We used L-1 Identity Solutions also did our Canadian one just in case (as we've been here more than 6 months). Good luck and congrats.

• Like 1

Great news! Congrats KarinS!

KarinS

Thank you for all the good wishes to you all! We are quite relieved, since we just want to get this over with. I am really thinking about all of you who are still waiting and hoping it comes through for you very soon.

Congrats Karin! I betcha you have your Ozzie PC before the SA one... that's what happened with me - got the UK one (in Canada) way before the SA one landed at an SA address!

Nelline - thanks for the congrats:) I am a bit concerned about the police clearances, but I left if for last minute as usual - story of my life! We will use docassist for the SA ones - it apparently goes relatively quickly then

I'd highly recommend going with DocAssist. We got ours in a month. We used L-1 Identity Solutions also did our Canadian one just in case (as we've been here more than 6 months). Good luck and congrats.

M-N - thank you for the good wishes and advice. I will definitely follow the advice and start organizing the police clearances for Aus and SA on Monday. I will have to check whether we need Canada ones, since we have only been here for about 4 months. Alan might go over the 6 month mark if we do not get this in quite quickly

• Like 2

W-T

Congrats KarinS!

• Like 1

Odendaal

Congrats Karin!!!

• Like 1