Sign in to follow this  
Holmes Family

EE Upcoming rounds of invitations guesses

Qrios1

Wow, did not know this...good thing people read your timeline...thanks Ingrid and QRios! I would rather not have to go through the hassle of reapplying for my wife's PCC. I will have to apply anyway, due to my request to get a record expunged from 2002. I'm still waiting to hear from the CRC if it has been expunged, only then I can apply for the clear PCC.

No problem Warney. Since I have been on this forum I have received so much advice and some stern straight talking. Many would agree that were it not for all these great people on here to keep one sane some would have lost the plot and derailed their efforts

Wynloots

Just wanted to say good luck guys, keep the chatter up and the spirits high. Difficult I know, but it could all change in a heartbeat. I am a firm believer that everything happens in the right time. For those who believe keep praying, for those who don't, start!

• Like 2

Raquel

Makes perfect sense now that you guys have elaborated, especially if you are already residing and working in Canada! ?

Qrios1

Today I was thinking of a different strategy and was hoping someone could give me some advice. My wife is a pharmacist so it's a restricted profession in Canada. I did the CRS calculator and if I made my wife the Primary Applicant and myself the spouse, our score will be 469 a whole whopping 50 points more than our current. Now the question do we have her ECA done by the Canadian Pharmacicst association and gateway for the extra points or do we sit tight and wait for the scores to come down, whenever that is! This would cost R8.5k to do. We were planning for her to study (Clinical Pharmacology) when we get there and do the bridging and internship and all the exams that side (even though she is a 2IC at the moment) - Decisions decisions please help

Edited by Qrios1

MaryJane

Today I was thinking of a different strategy and was hoping someone could give me some advice. My wife is a pharmacist so it's a restricted profession in Canada. I did the CRS calculator and if I made my wife the Primary Applicant and myself the spouse, our score will be 469 a whole whopping 50 points more than our current. Now the question do we have her ECA done by the Canadian Pharmacicst association and gateway for the extra points or do we sit tight and wait for the scores to come down, whenever that is! This would cost R8.5k to do. We were planning for her to study (Clinical Pharmacology) when we get there and do the bridging and internship and all the exams that side (even though she is a 2IC at the moment) - Decisions decisions please help

Hi Qrios1,

On the CIC website, it does mention that if the main applicant is a pharmacist, ECA can be assessed by the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (professional body for Pharmacists).

You'll find on the Pharmacy Board's website, there is a document request for credential evaluations - see here - http://www.pebc.ca/index.php/ci_id/3114/la_id/1.htm I can't find that it mentions the fee involved but I presume this is the R8.5k fee that you are referring to?

For me, 50 points difference between changing the main applicants seems quite high. I'd personally go for it if I am financially able to afford the R8.5k to get the ECA assessment. But then again, you'd have to weigh it in if you want to wait a bit. The draw has not gone lower than 453 points so that's something to think about. Will it go lower in the future (it might)? How many more draws are there (most likely if we work it out at 2 a month, there's still 14 or so left to go).

Hope this helps.

Looney

Hi Qrios1

The R8,500 fee to get 50 extra points would be a no brainer for me. Gee I would pay that in a second. Think of your future and just do it!

Qrios1

Thanks for advice guys. Guess we were going to do it anyway once we were landed, so doing it upfront with the bonus of 50 points is a no brainer. The professional degree of my wife gives us 17 more points, I have an ECA being the spouse which is another 8, she scored slightly better IELTS which was 3 points and finally Skills transferability and better IELTS gave another 25 points.

MaryJane

Hi "all of you waiting for the next EE draw" ....

I just wanted to share my thoughts if the draw happens tonight (as per guess-timation at the start of this thread that there is a 2nd draw in May). I'm pretty sure that some of you have already come to the same conclusion but I like reading my thoughts so...

NB: Please don't take this as gospel.

But looking at the odds, if there is a draw tonight, then there might be a high likelihood that the points will dip below 600 points, seeing that they've already invited most of the applicants over 600 in the last draw (a week ago).

How low they go though would be anyone's guess....but good luck!

• Like 2

Raquel

Thanks for your thoughts MJ. I hope it dips below 600.

But since the last draw was at 755, I think it may only just dip below the 600 mark!

Anyhow, having us in your thoughts is much appreciated. Thank you! :hug:

• Like 2

Helanie

Good luck everyone!!! Thinking of you guys!! :hug:

Raquel

Thanks Helanie :hug:

• Like 1

Holmes Family

Well i suppose there goes my predictive analysis out the window with there being no draw last night :cry: :cry: :cry:

Holding thumbs for next friday then... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Raquel

Yeah, disappointing, but expected! I really still maintain that CIC will pull only the cream off the top, for as long as it lasts anyway! :(

Nelline

Raquel YOU are the cream of the crop!

Yeah, disappointing, but expected! I really still maintain that CIC will pull only the cream off the top, for as long as it lasts anyway! :(

• Like 3

Helanie

Raquel YOU are the cream of the crop!

AGREE 100% Nelline!!!!

• Like 2

Raquel

Lol... Thank you Nelline and Helanie! :hug: I meant those that have a job offer or PNP. :) I will continue to work at it! ;) such a great support structure here!

• Like 2

Holmes Family

Interesting but thats only 150 invites sent...and the lowest having 607 points :huh:

I do see they talk about the old system, refering to requiring only 60 points as opposed to 67 so im not to sure what they are on...

Seems like they convert the new system of 500 points max to the old system of 100 max.

The pass mark for eligibility is 60 out of 100, as opposed to 67 out of 100 for the FSWP
Edited by Holmes Family

Raquel

Don't confuse the Manitoba points ranking systems with the CRS points ranking system.

So to be eligible to apply to Manitoba for PNP you needed a minimum of 60/100 (based on one set of criteria), then once your application was submitted to Manitoba, you were ranked based on another set of points.

Then if you had over 607 points (with Manitoba) - you received ITA for PNP for Manitoba.

ONLY if you received PNP from Manitoba did you get an extra 600 points that contributed to your EE CRS points! :)

That's how I understood it...

Raquel, all I can say is we feel for you folk still in the process of applying. Personally I think at some point Canada is going to have streamline / simplify their whole immigration system. Too many choices only leads to confusion.

Hang in there and all the best!!

MaryJane

Think I found the cause for the increase in CRS points to 755 - Manitoba PNP's were issued on 20 May 2015.

http://www.cicnews.com/2015/06/manitoba-draw-expression-interest-system-canadian-immigration-065384.html

Hi Raquel

I actually mentioned these 151 MPNPs on a post on 23rd May (page 2) of this very same thread.

Agreed that these applicants will affect the draw points but I think they have yet to make an impact.

They only got an invite to apply for MPNP about 2 days before the EE draw and as such would not have gotten their PNP certificates yet.

Edited by MaryJane

Raquel

:oops: Sorry MJ - obviously a bit slow on the uptake then! lol

Okay I see what you mean - that they would not have gone through to EE stage as yet...

Raquel

Raquel, all I can say is we feel for you folk still in the process of applying. Personally I think at some point Canada is going to have streamline / simplify their whole immigration system. Too many choices only leads to confusion.

Hang in there and all the best!!

VERY frustrating at this stage! :blink:

MaryJane

Hi guys! For those who are waiting....

Draw #10 out now - 1,501 invites for applicants with 482 points and more.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/

Edited by MaryJane
  • Like 1

Sideline

They sure worked through those "we got jobs" Rush quickly :)

Let's hope there are many of the waiting crowd here now getting ITAs