Sign in to follow this  
Holmes Family

EE Upcoming rounds of invitations guesses

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

I WILL NOT give up! I have been looking into some PNP options for a while and will continue to do so until I get an ITA!!!!!

In the meantime we will be focusing our efforts on moving to the UK and continue to work at realizing our Canadian dream as I do not believe the points are going to come down as quickly as the previously did! :(

:ilikeit: Keep up the good :boxing:

• Like 1

Qrios1

The first thing I checked this morning gosh no CIC email (wishful thinking) then saw on the Canada Visa forum about the draw- another blow to the gut. But taking it in my stride. All good things come to those who wait (except if you on death row) guess my coping mechanism ie humour coming out there. So Ja, LMIA or PNP is a sure shot way to secure ITA. My point is if one scores in the 400s it means you are decently educated, of the right age and have a good command of English yet people with 155 with a PNP and Or LMIA getting "preference" but that's how new EE was designed. To fill a shortage in job market for Canada. Take for instance a cook from China (no offense to any Chinese cooks) that can hardly speak English fills a void in the market. People in the trades industries are also doing very well as these are scarce skills. Now for the PNP route can one apply to more than one? I see some members have applied to PEI being the smallest province it has the smallest job market (by definition). I decided not to do PEI as then they could argue you never had an intention to move to that province if you applied to another province. I might be totally wrong on this. Guess Australia I need to also go with my plan B of Australia and get my Ausie assessment done.

warney

Was so hoping to be in the pool for this draw...had a hunch that the draw was going to happen on Friday...My preliminary score was around the 975 mark, but my profile was deemed ineligible because I failed to submit the minimum required funds for a family of 4...having assumed that it was not necessary with a valid offer of employment and an LMIA. Won't make that mistake again! Almost certain I would have been extended an ITA. Let's hope the next draw doesn't take as long as the last! All the best to all the applicants!

• Like 2

Was so hoping to be in the pool for this draw...had a hunch that the draw was going to happen on Friday...My preliminary score was around the 975 mark, but my profile was deemed ineligible because I failed to submit the minimum required funds for a family of 4...having assumed that it was not necessary with a valid offer of employment and an LMIA. Won't make that mistake again! Almost certain I would have been extended an ITA. Let's hope the next draw doesn't take as long as the last! All the best to all the applicants!

All the best for the next draw! :cowboy:

Warney, I see your timeline states that SA Police certificates are only valid for 3 months...is this a definite as per the consultation with Deanne?

The SAPS website still talks of a six months' period: " A Police Clearance Certificate can be reissued within six months of the original application yet an additional cost of R96-00 will be required. After six months of the date of the original application a new application must be submitted." http://www.saps.gov.za/services/applying_clearence_certificate.php

Another site says: "Police Clearance certificates are usually valid for 12 months but it is the prerogative of the institution who wants the certificate to state the required age of the certificate. In some instances not older than 3 months." http://policeclearance.co.za

A bit confusing! :mellow: Can you clarify, please?

Thank you.

Qrios1

Ingrid Warney was referring to CIC requirements re PCC of 3 months. But that has also changed as it is now 6 months.

• Like 1

Ingrid Warney was referring to CIC requirements re PCC of 3 months. But that has also changed as it is now 6 months.

Aha! Gotcha. Thanks. :)

Flip

Maybe this is a stupid question: I was just wondering - what if there are certain skills high in demand, for example, they urgently need plumbers/accountants, but the plumbers/accountants in the pool have lower points than the scores that are currently being drawn.

Say for example there are too many dentists and chefs, won't they then end up with a lot of dentists and chefs (with high points) while still needing plumbers/accountants?

• Like 1

Helanie

Maybe this is a stupid question: I was just wondering - what if there are certain skills high in demand, for example, they urgently need plumbers/accountants, but the plumbers/accountants in the pool have lower points than the scores that are currently being drawn.

Say for example there are too many dentists and chefs, won't they then end up with a lot of dentists and chefs (with high points) while still needing plumbers/accountants?

I agree Flip... I was also wondering the same thing. I thought the whole point of Express Entry was so that they (CIC) could adapt as the labour market of Canada adapts however now it seems that you have to have a job offer to be considered. I thought the Express Entry was a method for them to select people from various skills (high and medium and lower) in order to satisfy the labour market in Canada. That's how they marketed the Express Entry AND they did say that people will be chosen EVEN THOUGH they don't have a valid job offer. Obviously I can understand that those with a valid job offer will be selected first but there could be lots of jobs opportunities / needs in / for administration / hospitality / tourism / general workers etc... however I don't think the employers want to go through all the hassle of getting all the docs / admin (LMIA) done with / at CIC in order to employ someone (foreigner) on a work permit etc..... Thus the Express Entry is basically the same as the old system but it is so much harder now... Or have I got it all wrong.... :mellow::huh:

Edited by Helanie

warney

LMIA = Labour Market Impact Assessment...

An employer can only employ a foreign worker if they secure a positive LMIA. If the market becomes flooded with plumbers, the ESDC will not issue any more positive LMIA's to employers in that particular work stream/trade/profession (well that's my understanding). TheESDC regulates the incoming traffic of foreign workers...

Meaning that all of those that have received an ITA because they already have a job offer and a positive LMIA have not been awarded an easier passage of entry. Sure, their skills may not have previously been on the FSW program, but they have also had to go through the ESDC which is not always a walk in the park...

Edited by warney
  • Like 3

MaryJane

The playing field was never level to begin with. I don't think CIC ever meant it to be. Applicants with LMIA and provincial nomination will always have the upper hand when it comes to these draws. Just look at the 600 points awarded to them.

Of course, not to say that the 600 points are not justified. If you have LMIA or PN, you've already "proven" that you are going to integrate into Canadian society (well) since you have already convinced a Canadian employer/province to take a chance on you. In other words, when you get here (or are already here), you hit the ground running. I think CIC also wants to dispel the notion that Canada lets foreign skills enter the country, only to find out that the skills that got the applicants in in the first place won't help them find a job here at all (the highly referred "Canadian Experience"). I do believe that is one of the biggest criticisms of the old immigration system (pre-EE).

The only thing I wish was transparent in this EE system is the number of applicants that were accepted under FSWP, FTWP, CEC, PNP. It's not split and the number of invites just tell us the totals but not the % under which program.

I'm sure it would be very interesting to know.

Added: Oh, and I forgot to add that the influx of certain professionals (too many cooks in the kitchen and not enough sous chefs) was a problem in the old system. I remember this before they introduced the caps. Hate to admit, Canada immigration was flooded with accountants and IT professionals at one point in time (Hurricane MaryJane being one of them :lol: ) After that, accountants and ITs were off the eligible occupations list for a while. But they eventually came back. (And now there is no such list anymore).

Edited by MaryJane
  • Like 2

MaryJane

Thank you Holmes Family.

So we can say that everyone in the draw last night had either a job with LIMA or a PNP. My advise to everyone in this predicament is to then focus on obtaining at least a PNP as I think it is easier to do this than securing a LIMA.

This is not a totally bad idea. If you qualify for one of the provincial streams, then a provincial nomination obviously can only boost your points.

In my search for PNP information this morning, I've stumbled across this MPNP (Manitoba provincial nominee) page talking about their EOI Draw #1. (EOI = expression of interest)

I suppose it's fairly reasonable to assume that these 151 MPNP invitees will be joining the EE pool system soon with a further 600 points once they get their nomination.

• Like 1

MaryJane

An employer can only employ a foreign worker if they secure a positive LMIA. If the market becomes flooded with plumbers, the ESDC will not issue any more positive LMIA's to employers in that particular work stream/trade/profession (well that's my understanding). TheESDC regulates the incoming traffic of foreign workers...

Meaning that all of those that have received an ITA because they already have a job offer and a positive LMIA have not been awarded an easier passage of entry. Sure, their skills may not have previously been on the FSW program, but they have also had to go through the ESDC which is not always a walk in the park...

Agree with you there. Although not impossible to be offered a job while in SA, it's not easy to go through the LMIA hoops and process as well. Kudos to you (and the others who have done it) for that.

• Like 1

Odendaal

Yea we were pretty blown away this morning as well ?... Will be looking at the PNP's now - thanks Raquel for the info about that. Will keep you guys up to date.

• Like 2

Flip

Of course Warney, that make sense!

Raquel

You are most welcome Lisa!

• Like 1

All the best with your applications! This waiting game can be disheartening. Keep the faith, it will happen!

M-N

Sorry to hear about this round. Hopefully if history repeats itself, the next round will be low again. :)

Qrios1

Looking at the history next round will be next week and hopefully low. So far CIC has been totally unpredictable. Best of luck to everyone still many more draws to go!

Helanie

Good luck to everyone with the next draw!!! Really thinking of you guys and wish the points would drop!!

KarinS

@ Holmes Family, scary that the candidate with 155 points didn't even meet the minimum requirements to enter the pool, without the PNP or LIMA!!!!

Raquel - this is not necessarily the case. We are for example in a situation where Alan is currently working, so has the LMIA and job - we are not claiming the points which we can get if I write the English test and also have my skills assessed, we are not claiming points for extra qualifications, but only for the Masters degree etc etc. I would suspect that other people in our situation are also maybe just trying to get in the pool asap and doing just enough to get some points on top of the 600 we already have. But then again - I guess you can get in with only the 155 extra points! I really hope the points come down as before, to get you guys in.

Edited by KarinS

Nelline

Yup exactly our situation. We chose to save money by not having either main applicant nor spouse's credentials verified, and only hubby wrote IELTS. That job offer /LMIA or PN really counts.

Raquel - this is not necessarily the case. We are for example in a situation where Alan is currently working, so has the LMIA and job - we are not claiming the points which we can get if I write the English test and also have my skills assessed, we are not claiming points for extra qualifications, but only for the Masters degree etc etc. I would suspect that other people in our situation are also maybe just trying to get in the pool asap and doing just enough to get some points on top of the 600 we already have. But then again - I guess you can get in with only the 155 extra points! I really hope the points come down as before, to get you guys in.

• Like 1

KarinS

Nelline - when I read my post afterwards I was thinking "what on earth did I actually try to say there?" haha. But you understood what I meant :offtopic:

warney

Wow, did not know this...good thing people read your timeline...thanks Ingrid and QRios! I would rather not have to go through the hassle of reapplying for my wife's PCC. I will have to apply anyway, due to my request to get a record expunged from 2002. I'm still waiting to hear from the CRC if it has been expunged, only then I can apply for the clear PCC.

Edited by warney

jenkies01

reading all of the posts here...we are so nervous yet excited and hoping to be one of the chosen few for this round as we already have a provincial nomination.good luck to evryone!

warney good luck with the expungement.

Qrios1

@ Holmes Family, scary that the candidate with 155 points didn't even meet the minimum requirements to enter the pool, without the PNP or LIMA!!!!

Not actually true as they would have to meet the minimum requirements to be in the pool in the first place. That's where the 67 points come in as a pre requisite. But I don't think pre admission score and CRS measure the same thing.