Sign in to follow this  
Holmes Family

EE Upcoming rounds of invitations guesses

Holmes Family

Hi all,

So we are eager to hopefully get an invite with the next round or 2 so i did a bit of checking and the following rules seem to apply (they have except the very first 2 rounds):

1. There are 2 rounds of invitations per month
  2. The Invitation rounds per month are always on a Friday
  3. The 2 rounds are always 1 week apart.
  4. Invitation Rounds are generally towards the end of the month (Except april)

So given that, It would appear that there was no invitation round last night so therefore leaving the last 2 Fridays of this month as invitation weeks.

Good luck to all who are in the pool :)

Edited by Holmes Family
  • Like 4

Raquel

Hmmmm... Great analysis but I get the feeling that everything is irregular with no consistency when it comes to ITAs.... Hopefully your guess on the last two Friday's this month will be correct... But I'm not so sure! :(

• Like 1

M-N

I also think that the draw will happen after the 20th. That's when ours happened.

• Like 1

W-T

I also think that the draw will happen after the 20th. That's when ours happened.

Fingers crossed!

W-T

So we have reached another Friday.......

Good luck to everyone in the EE pool!

• Like 4

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

So we have reached another Friday.......

Good luck to everyone in the EE pool!

This is nerve-wrecking! :wacko:

Raquel

You can say that again Ingrid!

Week 5 since last ITA!

• Like 1

Qrios1

Good luck to all in the draw. Hopefully CRS will dip nicely and below 450. My Saturday ritual of checking if I didn't get an ITA will once again hold true :boxing:

• Like 2

Odendaal

Here's to hoping!

• Like 1

Raquel

It will come guys... We just need to hang in there a loiter around a little more!!! ;)

KarinS

I have been rushing all day to get our application in, since we received the English Test Results and WES thingy yesterday. I have to admit I am a bit nervous to submit in a rush, for in case I made mistakes...but for the rest of you - I hope the draw happens tonight!! Good luck to you all!

All the best to all of you lovely people. You are ALL deserving of a chance to come to Canada.

We are standing with you, holding our corporate breath! :blush:

• Like 1

MaryJane

Info out on CIC's website. Draw #9 - 1,361 invitations issued for applicants with 755 points and more.

chantelie

O no. The points are so high.

Holmes Family

@MaryJane, Where did you see that? Do you have a link pherhaps please.

Those points are high :cry: :cry: :cry:

Probably because the last draw was such a long time ago.

Lets hope next Fridays draw is better :boxing: :boxing:

EDIT : Found the instruction

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-express#mi-express

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 22, 2015 and ending on May 23, 2015 is 1,361.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 23, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 755 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

Edited by Holmes Family

@MaryJane, Where did you see that? Do you have a link pherhaps please.

EDIT : Found the instruction

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-express#mi-express

Here is the link with the results - I guess it is part 2 of the instructions maybe?

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #9 – May 22, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 22, 2015).

Ottawa, May 22, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER

Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 22, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 22, 2015 and ending on May 23, 2015 is 1,361.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 23, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 755 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

Oops, sorry Holmes Family - I posted exactly what you had! :oops:

MaryJane

Those points are high :cry: :cry: :cry:

Probably because the last draw was such a long time ago.

Lets hope next Fridays draw is better :boxing: :boxing:

You're probably right. It was bound to happen. I suppose the extra long lull gave applicants more time to get all the docs they needed to boost their points. The numbers tell me that there are quite a bit of applicants that have approved employment and/or provincial nomination sitting on the EE system.

Don't be disheartened though. This ain't the last draw and the fat lady ain't singing just yet. We'll all be holding thumbs for you guys on EE for the next draw.

• Like 1

Sideline

You're probably right. It was bound to happen. I suppose the extra long lull gave applicants more time to get all the docs they needed to boost their points. The numbers tell me that there are quite a bit of applicants that have approved employment and/or provincial nomination sitting on the EE system.

Don't be disheartened though. This ain't the last draw and the fat lady ain't singing just yet. We'll all be holding thumbs for you guys on EE for the next draw.

Yip,

I think what is happening is that everyone that missed the cut off for last year FSW etc have had to get the docs required for EE and ITAs. So you now have an influx of applicants and as such the "average" score is thus increasing.

It will take time to work out this influx and eventually a stabilizing factor will work into the application process, thus lowering the point ranges.

Unfortunate, but it does give everyone a good opportunity to get upgrading done on their skills and get some "Canadian" courses done. Read the post on settling and being scared, it is explained there.

http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19382-when-to-finally-make-the-move-bit-sacred/page-3

Good luck to all it the coming months as this influx will gyrate up and down until the "over supply" of high points EE applicant profiles is worked out.

Edited by Sideline
  • Like 2

I think Sideline is right in that it is the oversupply from people whom missed the FSW rounds. But also because the points are back above the 600 mark, it means that people who have provincial nominations and/or job offers with LIMA docs, are the ones which was selected last night. I have limited knowledge of EE as I am an FSW applicant; however I do not think it is possible to have a score of more than 600 unless you have a job offer with LIMA and/or Provincial nomination.

But I digress - Racquel (and others) I feel SO bad for you as I know you have done everything to maximize your points. But don't give up just yet....

Holmes Family

Yes @Werner, You are correct. You cannot get more than 600 points without a PNP or LIMA. So that means the lowest applicant actually only had 155 points excluding the PNP or LIMA.

Hopefully next fridays draw will be better for us :)

How many of us are in the pool and waiting to be invited on here?

Raquel

Werner, honestly I was so despondent when I woke to the news today! :(

I WILL NOT give up! I have been looking into some PNP options for a while and will continue to do so until I get an ITA!!!!!

In the meantime we will be focusing our efforts on moving to the UK and continue to work at realizing our Canadian dream as I do not believe the points are going to come down as quickly as the previously did! :(

• Like 4

Thank you Holmes Family.

So we can say that everyone in the draw last night had either a job with LIMA or a PNP. My advise to everyone in this predicament is to then focus on obtaining at least a PNP as I think it is easier to do this than securing a LIMA.

Raquel

@ Holmes Family, scary that the candidate with 155 points didn't even meet the minimum requirements to enter the pool, without the PNP or LIMA!!!!

Yes @Werner, You are correct. You cannot get more than 600 points without a PNP or LIMA. So that means the lowest applicant actually only had 155 points excluding the PNP or LIMA.

Hopefully next fridays draw will be better for us :)

I didn't realise one can score up to 1,200 points. This is so different to when we applied for our PR etc.

I like the attitude to be positive about the next draw and to Not Give Up! Good for you too, Raquel. :ilikeit:

Edited by Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell
  • Like 1