Sign in to follow this  
Nelline

Prince Edward Island

Nelline

Jakes has spent a productive afternoon in the "hobby room" this afternoon - trout season opens here on the 15th of April.

12654573_10153889983465960_3395438185018

• Like 3

Nelline

Interesting article on some Amish possibly moving to PEI 

• Like 2

The Burts

Hi Nelline

My hubby has just kitted himself out with some fly fishing equipment too.  He is very new at it, so its going to be an interesting season.

• Like 1

KarinS

Alan also bought fly fishing equipment about 3 months ago! He scared away every single fish by the looks of things. He took his "gear" to work one morning this week to get some lessons in the office from a Canadian colleague, who interestingly enough, gets a guide on horseback to take him into the mountains somewhere up north to go fishing and camping! By the way - that is what the guys here in Alberta do in the office when the oil price is down - practice their fly fishing:D

Edited by KarinS
  • Like 3

Nelline

PEI Burgerlove is back!! Annual local initiative where various restaurants compete by offering one signature burger all month, it cannot be priced above $15 and must use only locally sourced ingredients. Hmmmm... divine!!

http://www.peiburgerlove.ca/

Nelline

What do you think of this view? In less than a month, we will be moving into our new home, recently purchased, and this will be our view! Sooooo excited! 

w475h356.jpg

• Like 12

Raquel

Too beautiful Nelline! Congrats guys! :D:ilikeit: 

• Like 1

LJT

@nelline oh wow! Absolutely beautiful and congratulations on your house :)

• Like 1

Sideline

@Nelline, that looks splendid. Little further to wander to the water but all that extra grass might be ideal for a cow or goat. Fresh milk, fresh cheese.....ahh the possibilities. :)

• Like 1

MaryJane

I want a view of the other side as well.... :)

• Like 1

FaithFUL

It looks beautiful! Congrats! Now may we see a sneak peak of the house, pretty please?

• Like 1

Nelline
32 minutes ago, WannaB Expat said:

It looks beautiful! Congrats! Now may we see a sneak peak of the house, pretty please?

I don't really have a nice photo of the house - the ones on the listing are awful! 

Patience! I can reveal it is fairly modest, though :-)

Lizelle

Hi Nelline.  I was wondering what the mozzie situation looks like on PEI?  Not because of Zika :), my kids are both allergic to mozzies.  I am currently debating between PEI and Prince Edward County (Picton area) in Ontario.  Property prices for what we are looking for would be around the same.  Picton seems to have slightly better weather (a lot less snow :) ).  Picton seems to be "island-y" too (in spirit).  But I know that Ontario in general seems to have a lot of mozzies.  I will definitely put up with more snow for less mozzies :) 

Nelline

Definitely fewer bugs than Ottawa - not sure about the rest of Ontario. For the summer months we couldn't really spend much time outside early evening at all. Where we're now, there are still mosquitoes and some areas are worse than others, apparently, but we only had a couple of evenings last summer where we decided not to sit out in the evening. We do use those outside mozzie lamps on the patio but on those two evenings even they didn't help! After we've moved end of the month I'll be able to report on how it is out in the country - I'm going to presume worse. 

Lizelle

Yeah, I find here too the mozzies eat us alive, but then again, we live in a bog, so probably no surprise there :)  I don't mind one or two, but we can definitely not go for a walk in the woods in summertime, the kids are caked with bites when we come out.  

It would be interesting to see the difference when you live out in the country.  

• Like 1

Wolverine
On 4/1/2016 at 4:44 PM, Nelline said:

What do you think of this view? In less than a month, we will be moving into our new home, recently purchased, and this will be our view! Sooooo excited! 

w475h356.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

• Like 1

Vizsla

Photos up on Facebook

• Like 1

Nelline

13087594_10154113737770960_5456480325810

• Like 9

Nelline

13118867_10154113738605960_8048424835174

• Like 5

Nelline

View from the back balcony, towards the front of the house

13094284_10154113739910960_3179192973720

• Like 7

Nelline

Back yard... we're shopping for a ride-on mower as we speak!

13062055_10154113740260960_6956729750653

• Like 6

Claire T

Stunning Nelline!

Congratulations! It looks amazing. What a fabulous back yard for a young boy :)

• Like 2

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Congrats to you guys. :lol:

• Like 2

Raquel

@Nelline @Vizsla it's really stunning! Congrats to you and the family! :ilikeit: 

Edited by Raquel
  • Like 1