Sign in to follow this  
Nelline

Prince Edward Island

Great looking weather. Now if only we could have this weather throughout the year...... Yes I know, wishful thinking :D . As for home beer brewing and wine making, its big here in Canada.

Nelline

There was a nippy wind from the NW yesterday but otherwise good! I'm not quite convinced on the wine making part as I don't know how great the wine will be when made from a kit (basically concentrated grape juice!), but the beer works great, we buy all grain kits, they'll even mill the grain for you!

Great looking weather. Now if only we could have this weather throughout the year...... Yes I know, wishful thinking :D . As for home beer brewing and wine making, its big here in Canada.

Yes, that's the front garden - don't you just love the NO FENCES part!

Is that your garden Nelline? It's gorgeous. And the weather looks lovely!

Sheryl

Am dying to explore that part of Canada one day - hopefully when we retire and have lots of time! Looks so picturesque.

• Like 1

Nelline

Gorgeous summer day, our local harbour in Charlottetown. The boys had the sun in their eyes - can't get enough sun!

11667338_10153428827750960_5322774962384

• Like 2

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Gorgeous!

Come winter, we will pull up this thread again and remind you it is not always white. :)

• Like 1

Raquel

That picture looks, warm and peaceful! With skies so blue and water so calm! Awesome place! :ilikeit:

• Like 1

That picture looks, warm and peaceful! With skies so blue and water so calm! Awesome place! :ilikeit:

It is beautiful...I see one health and safety issue though: No guard rails on the walkway :o

Stunning photo Nelline. Days like these make those long winter months bearable! Canadians know how to live it up during these long warm summer days.

Nelline

You'll find that over here, "health and safety" concerns are more left to the individual's common sense, MUCH MUCH more so than in the UK. Not sure of South Africa, haven't been there for so long.

There was a poster up which said you're entering at your own risk and kids should be accompanied. Other than that, fall in if you like! Plenty of jellyfish and Man O' Wars to keep you company in the water.

It is beautiful...I see one health and safety issue though: No guard rails on the walkway :o

• Like 1

I guess it's not a nanny state like the UK as we had experienced when we lived there - which is refreshing.

Nelline

I'm sure I promised to post some photos of PEI lobster... these ones we killed and cleaned and barbequed. If you want to barbeque your lobster make sure you cook it at very hot temperatures, and separate the claws and cook them first - about 6 minutes, then turn them and add the halved bodies, brushed with olive oil or butter, meat side down, about 3 minutes, then turn them and cook for 3 minutes more. Make a dipping sauce of softened butter, chopped cilantro, minced garlic, the juice and zest of half a lime and a little chopped red chilli (if desired)

11717315_10153443112235960_3544128528820

11666255_10153443264200960_5853760722616

Edited by Nelline
  • Like 5

Nelline

Last night we enjoyed a lovely PEI Summer's evening...

11792012_10153501334335960_8485141298179

• Like 5

'' Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer'' - Nat King Cole!

Looks like fun Nelline. You quickly learn to really appreciate Summer in Canada!

Nelline

We spent some time on the beach today, then went for lunch on the C'town harbour. This is a really cool yacht currently docked there! Wonder who she belongs to?

11825909_10153505929990960_6810517306373

FaithFUL

Goodness me. This looks like the place to be for our little family. :wub:

• Like 1

Nelline

It is gorgeous here, but as I've said in the past - first go where the jobs are, then you can look around and head for elsewhere if it is practical. There are work opportunities here, you just need to ensure that there's work in YOUR line first.

Goodness me. This looks like the place to be for our little family. :wub:

• Like 1

Nelline

It's another hellishly tough day on the Island...

11886136_10153588155743824_5272365081798

• Like 5

It's another hellishly tough day on the Island...

Yes Nelline - it looks really tough. I would HATE to live there - NOT.

GREAT pics! Please keep sharing.

That picture is a life we all aspire to! Now to get working on that early retirement plan.

Nelline

Jakes did give me some perspective on the whole "winter" thing yesterday. I was saying, rather wistfully, that Summer is waning and I'm not looking forward to Winter, so he said, just remember the only reason why we can afford to live here is BECAUSE of those winter months - without that property would be way outside our means. So the moral of the story is, LIVE where you live and enjoy the moment for what it is!

• Like 2

Cathy K

Nelline, that is why we cherish our summer days.

Now if you were like the born Canadians, you will start ordering seed catalogues for next year's summer. And you will be on the lookout for a decent halloween outfit for your son that looks good over a snowsuit.

• Like 2

Nelline

The Confederation Bridge on Sunday

12004773_10153608388705960_1222083193917

• Like 1

Nelline

We've made some venison biltong... elk and bison...

12122685_10153662225200960_9170562825290

• Like 5

Nelline

Our back yard, Fall

12046771_10153681487135960_8723433274375

• Like 5