Sign in to follow this  
Team R

Looking for accomodation in Vancouver

Team R

Hi everyone,

My husband, Kevin, and I are arriving in Vancouver in mid-July and are looking for a place to stay.

We don't have kids or pets and are happy to stay somewhere small - basement suites etc.

Does anyone have anything to rent out? Or possibly know of friends who do?

We would love to make a connection rather than trawl through Craigslist. Obviously, if nothing comes up that is what we will do but I just thought I would ask around on the forum first.

In terms of areas, we really don't mind! Kevin works in I.T and will be working from home for the first few months. Commuting is not an issue for us.

Thanks so much! :)

Kind regards,

Monique

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Monique

I contacted my friends and their place will be available soon.

I hope it is match for both sides. :-)

kevvygp

Hey Monique. We rent in a great neighborhood in Coquitlam, where we've been living for almost 4 years. We have downstairs tenants who are moving out in August, and it would be great to help out (and hang out) with fellow SA'ers. I'm in IT too (work for an awesome and successful local software company who is always hiring ;) ) and we have 2 younger girls. I have a great landlady who actually asks me to find the best tenants because I'm super clean and keep the house looking great :). Coquitlam is more suburban, quieter and family focused though, and not "Vancouver" so if you are looking for more "downtown vibe" (as you may be, as a no-kids couple) perhaps look more West, but your money goes less far as you move closer to Van central. It's about a 30 minute drive.

That being said, I would always say that, wherever you "land", there's a good chance you'll be looking around in 6-12 months once you've found your groove, or land a job, or discover your new surroundings and interests. That's normal and a good thing. Don't focus too much on where/how you will live the moment you land, you will be so busy adjusting and after a few months will have it figured out. So don't waste mountains of time worrying about finding the "perfect" place as soon as you arrive. We moved a few times ourselves. It's hit and miss, especially with the sky-high housing costs.

Let me know how things are going and if you need any help just reach out, would be my pleasure.

Kevin W.

• Like 3

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Hey Monique. We rent in a great neighborhood in Coquitlam, where we've been living for almost 4 years. We have downstairs tenants who are moving out in August, and it would be great to help out (and hang out) with fellow SA'ers. I'm in IT too (work for an awesome and successful local software company who is always hiring ;) ) and we have 2 younger girls. I have a great landlady who actually asks me to find the best tenants because I'm super clean and keep the house looking great :). Coquitlam is more suburban, quieter and family focused though, and not "Vancouver" so if you are looking for more "downtown vibe" (as you may be, as a no-kids couple) perhaps look more West, but your money goes less far as you move closer to Van central. It's about a 30 minute drive.

That being said, I would always say that, wherever you "land", there's a good chance you'll be looking around in 6-12 months once you've found your groove, or land a job, or discover your new surroundings and interests. That's normal and a good thing. Don't focus too much on where/how you will live the moment you land, you will be so busy adjusting and after a few months will have it figured out. So don't waste mountains of time worrying about finding the "perfect" place as soon as you arrive. We moved a few times ourselves. It's hit and miss, especially with the sky-high housing costs.

Let me know how things are going and if you need any help just reach out, would be my pleasure.

Kevin W.

:ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Team R

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the reply.

I will chat to Kevin tonight and then drop you a line.

Chat soon.

Kind regards,

Monique

Team R

Hi Kevin,

I dropped you a Private Message about your possible accommodation... not sure if you pick it up?

Please can you email me on monique.reid.2010@gmail.com with some more information.

Thanks so much.

Kind regards,

Monique

Robes

Hi Guys,

My partner and I are looking for accommodation in Vancouver from 1 Dec for about 3 month, possibility to extend. Ideally furnished and near transit because we dont have cars. Any recommendations would be fantastic!!!