Sign in to follow this  
CTColette

Job Poll

CTColette

I have a question and not sure if it was asked before, so please direct me if I should have posted this in another section.

I would like to know how many people on this forum had a job offer before moving to Canada.

Do the majority of people start the immigration process first, complete all of that and then leave or is the majority going over on a WP based on skill and then look for work there.

Maybe the Forum Moderators can help to create this Poll?? :rolleyes:

Helanie

Hi CTColette,

For Permanent Residency you do not need a job offer to get into Canada. I think most people on a PR visa go without job offers and only look for jobs once they arrive in Canada. This is also what we intend to do. You can work in any industry on a PR visa - this applies to non-regulated industries. If you want to work in a regulated industry you have to ensure you are registered with the appropriate associations / pay the annual fees etc...

Hope this helps. :grad:

Helanie

You can also look at the excel list of all the applications for immigration to Canada - you have to indicate if you have a job offer. Perhaps this will also give you a good indication.

Laurenwallace

Can I throw in another question on this thread please? Who of the members here did not have a high school certificate? Our best friends have decided to make the move - they have the finances available to live comfortably for at least a year (R800 000) the main applicant has a diploma and high school. But her husband never completed high school. He is a small engine mechanic, and has run his own Airconditioning business successfully for 7 years. If they didn't choose the EE option, and went the long route, would they be able to 'qualify'?

Tracey22

i was fortunate to get a job before coming - but that was after I got my PR visa

expiper

I did the WP route and afterwards became a PR through the PNP (Provincial Nomination Program).