Sign in to follow this  
M-N

Employment records advice

M-N

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the place the post ADMIN, feel free to move this to the appropriate thread as I can't find it.

What should one do if you are not able to obtain employment records from previous employers? I've emailed my former employers and only managed to receive the records from the last company I worked for. i have no record (old contracts) from my previous employers.

Any suggestions or advise?

Thanks,

Nicky

• Like 1

Hi Nicky. You don't necessarily have to provide the contract. CIC will accept a detailed letter. The letter needs to cover when you started, when you ended your employment, your duties in ad much details as possible, the total salary you earned including benefits, and a short recommendation staying that they will recommend you for any future positions.

The letter needs to be on a company letter head, and it needs to have a contact persons name and signature on the letter whom CIC can call should they wish.

We did this for our application as we also couldn't get the actual contracts. We actually drafted the letters ourselves and just had them signed by the previous employers. CIC accepted it.

Hope this helps

KarinS

Nicky

Did you manage to get the employment letters? We are battling to get letters with job descriptions from previous employers, since some of the companies are only willing to confirm the dates of employment and position, but no further details. We do not need the points for employment, but are concerned that our application might be rejected due to the letter issue.

Thanks

Karin

The trick is to go to former manager who is willing to sign off the letter...

M-N

Nicky

Did you manage to get the employment letters? We are battling to get letters with job descriptions from previous employers, since some of the companies are only willing to confirm the dates of employment and position, but no further details. We do not need the points for employment, but are concerned that our application might be rejected due to the letter issue.

Thanks

Karin

Hi Karin,

I'd just type up a letter with all of that info in and forward it to then asking them to just copy it onto a letterhead and sign. I find they're more helpful of you do the work for them.

See how that goes.

• Like 1

KarinS

Hi Nicki

Thanks for the reply. We will keep trying.

Karin

ryan01

What does one do if the company has closed down?

M-N

Ryan, I think someone posted that on here. Will try and look for the topic once I'm at the office.

• Like 1

ryan01

Thanks M-N appreciate that.