Sign in to follow this  
Laurenwallace

Express Entry first draw - updates?!?

warney

Hi Warney,

Based on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You need authorisation to work and a valid job offer to skip the funds requirement.

I would say state that you have the minimum required funds. Theoretical you could increase the bond on your house to cover the $12,170 shortfall if needed?

You don't need the funds available right now - it is only needed once immigration is reviewing your case.

Have a look at this link for more info:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-requirements-explained-t45043.0.html

Thanks to everyone for the quick response...

Well, both links confirm that a valid offer of employment exempts the applicant from having to provide proof of funds. Great to know that CIC does in fact accept Bank Statements and evaluations on Real Estate. I had asked this question before and I was told that they don't... Reckon I'm gonna submit the new profile with the correct amount and see what happens...

Has anyone submitted more then 1 profile?

M-N, if I remember correctly...you also had to submit a new profile because of a small error in your first submission? Did you have to include the file number of your first submission in your 2nd profile submission or were you able to update your first submission?

M-N

I just made the changes ans resubmitted the profile. no need to redo everything. Just so you know, once you receive an ITA, even with and offer and a valid LMIA, you'll still need to have financial proof. PR applicants need to show a financial profile, you'll get all the info when you view the checklist.

My issue was more that it never saved my WES stuff on my profile so I was "ineligible". I went back to check everything and realised the Education Assessment was set to "No". Oops. Changed it and entered the details. Saved it and then pressed submitted again.

Thanks to everyone for the quick response...

Well, both links confirm that a valid offer of employment exempts the applicant from having to provide proof of funds. Great to know that CIC does in fact accept Bank Statements and evaluations on Real Estate. I had asked this question before and I was told that they don't... Reckon I'm gonna submit the new profile with the correct amount and see what happens...

Has anyone submitted more then 1 profile?

M-N, if I remember correctly...you also had to submit a new profile because of a small error in your first submission? Did you have to include the file number of your first submission in your 2nd profile submission or were you able to update your first submission?

Whilst you can submit more than one profile online, it isn't allowed. If you get caught, they will not issue an ITA and you will be banned for one year from creating another profile. Of course you can create another profile where your spouse is the main applicant and you the secondary, of course assuming you are current the main applicant.....

M-N

I didn't submit a new profile. I amended my existing profile and re-submitted.

warney

I didn't submit a new profile. I amended my existing profile and re-submitted.

For some reason my existing profile can't be updated. It does not give me the update option. The entire profile is read only. I searched for a solution and the only one I could find is the "start a new profile" option.

M-N

For some reason my existing profile can't be updated. It does not give me the update option. The entire profile is read only. I searched for a solution and the only one I could find is the "start a new profile" option.

do you see your profile not submitted profile in the Continue my profile/application not yet submitted section??

warney

My new profile, yes. But the submitted profile only allows me to view form and not update it.

M-N

Mmmm, strange. I'm sure mine still allowed me to change. Wish I could be of more assistance.

warney

M-N,

Yeah, its so weird...and i asked the question online to see if i could find a solution and this was the answer.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=1001&t=29

...and i got a mail to say that my profile had been updated about an hour ago...so i hoped that my status had changed, but when i logged in to check it out...it was still the same, and i still cant update changes. So it looks like i will need to create a completely new profile and GCKey...

BTW- Did you get a chance to read through the PM that i dropped u?

Qrios1

M-N,

Yeah, its so weird...and i asked the question online to see if i could find a solution and this was the answer.

...and i got a mail to say that my profile had been updated about an hour ago...so i hoped that my status had changed, but when i logged in to check it out...it was still the same, and i still cant update changes. So it looks like i will need to create a completely new profile and GCKey...

Warney no need to get new GC key. I was also disallowed but figured out that my education section wasn't saved before I moved on and thus it looked like that section was blank. Also couldn't just edit my ineligible profile. I just created a new application from scratch and Bob's your uncle. All the best and awesome news re your LMIA coming through. You will definitely get an ITA within the next draw

M-N

M-N,

I did yes, thought I responded? Mmmm..must be the age thing, you know once you get over 30 it's over.... :clown: Will respond shortly.

warney

Warney I am 100% sure the funds required is what the issue is - we had the same problem when I tried to submit the profile and my husband is currently working in Canada with a valid WP and positive LMIA.

I stated we had the correct amount of funds on the profile and when I submitted the application after the ITA, I uploaded a copy of his work permit and positive LMIA on the section "proof of funds" since the requirement to prove funds is negated when you have a valid WP etc. The proof of funds is only to enable people to live without employment at the start - I believe this "issue" is another of CIC's little foibles which they need to address at one point.

State that you have the required funds and see what happens.

HI Nelline,

I queried this issue with Deanne and this was her response:

If you do not have the required funds then you cannot do EE at this time. If you were to be selected and were then not able to show the funds you declared you can be issued with a ban for misrepresenting the facts of your application.

The money needs to be fluid and available to you, not after something has been sold. Everyone has to meet the financial requirements except those working in Canada and are applying with a continued job offer in Canada.

You could go the Work Permit route and then apply after a year of work under the Canadian Experience Class.

I'm assuming that in your situation it is okay since you are already living and working in Canada.

I definitely agree with you that the CIC needs to provide more information regarding proof of funds. The current information is very ambiguous and misleading.

For now, i think i will just apply for the TWP and get to Canada asap. When we're all there then possibly try and enter the Express Entry again.

• Like 1

Nelline

OK thanks Warney, that makes sense, so it's only the candidates under Canadian Experience class, who have a continuous job offer in place, who do not need to "prove funds"

A bit odd really because if you have a valid job offer with LMIA it means you will start work probably almost immediately after landing and be able to support yourself confortably

HI Nelline,

I queried this issue with Deanne and this was her response:

If you do not have the required funds then you cannot do EE at this time. If you were to be selected and were then not able to show the funds you declared you can be issued with a ban for misrepresenting the facts of your application.

The money needs to be fluid and available to you, not after something has been sold. Everyone has to meet the financial requirements except those working in Canada and are applying with a continued job offer in Canada.

You could go the Work Permit route and then apply after a year of work under the Canadian Experience Class.

I'm assuming that in your situation it is okay since you are already living and working in Canada.

I definitely agree with you that the CIC needs to provide more information regarding proof of funds. The current information is very ambiguous and misleading.

For now, i think i will just apply for the TWP and get to Canada asap. When we're all there then possibly try and enter the Express Entry again.

warney

OK thanks Warney, that makes sense, so it's only the candidates under Canadian Experience class, who have a continuous job offer in place, who do not need to "prove funds"

A bit odd really because if you have a valid job offer with LMIA it means you will start work probably almost immediately after landing and be able to support yourself confortably

That was my thinking too Nelline.

Assuming that since i have a job offer and possibly $6-10 000 savings to survive on when we get there...we shouldn't have a problem.

The only possible answer i can think of at this stage: is to secure a work permit, and then perhaps i will be considered as 'authorized to work in Canada' which will exempt me from having to provide proof of funds.

M-N

That was my thinking too Nelline.

Assuming that since i have a job offer and possibly $6-10 000 savings to survive on when we get there...we shouldn't have a problem.

The only possible answer i can think of at this stage: is to secure a work permit, and then perhaps i will be considered as 'authorized to work in Canada' which will exempt me from having to provide proof of funds.

Strangely enough, I still had to provide proof of funds. However, I just had provide our financial profile, dates the our bank accounts were open, balances of all accounts and investments. We provided them with a job offer and an employment confirmation.

Going the TWP and open work permit for the wifey route might actually be a cheaper route now. I think it's 1520x2 (not sure about kiddos then). Perhaps hear what Deanne says?