Sign in to follow this  
Laurenwallace

Express Entry first draw - updates?!?

Raquel

Wow that's a great processing time!

Nelline

THAT'S EXACTLY 11 WEEKS FROM SUBMISSION! Wow.

lgonsalves

Congrats! You it's be over the moon! Has the last week been good? You settling ok?

Ingrid Brunkhorst Hurrell

Hi all. We arrived on April 24th in Canada on work permits and received a passport request letter for our EE application yesterday. Amazingly short processing time, as you can see from my signature below

Awesome news, congrats! :ilikeit:

KanthaN

Hi All Can someone explain what "pre-medicals" are ?

chantelie

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. And I think you can oly do it in certain cases - not sure

There are two ways you can have an immigration medical exam, depending on your immigration category

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application

Undergo your exam before you submit your application (Required for certain categories: see your application guide)

This is called an up front medical exam.

You can contact a panel physician directly to get your medical exam.

Once your medical exam has been completed, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you underwent a medical exam. You must include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical electronic system:

they will give you an up-front medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system:

they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

You must attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application.

Edited by chantelie
  • Like 1

KanthaN

Thanks Chantelie for your reply. Good to know. Just thought that we could speed things up a bit. We will just have to wait for the request

Odendaal

Hey guys.....is it just me or has it been 3 weeks since the last draw? I was hoping a draw would take place last night (since they usually do it on a Friday). And the draws usually occur three times a month (there are only 3 weeks left of this month) or have I got it wrong :/

Raquel

Nope it's not just you! It has indeed been 3 long weeks without a draw!!!!! :( it seemed that they invited every 2 weeks or so, but seems to be sooooo irregular, it's anyone's guess! Was holding thumbs for last night too but no luck :(

Nelline

I am guessing that as soon as the "system" got busier - i.e more applications lodged in view of more ITA's issued over the last couple of months, that the draws would have longer gaps.

Remember, those people who got ITA's in the first couple of draws were "first in line" I think the system is getting bogged down with more applications as time goes on and more people find out about EE and get their paperwork ready to apply etc. I am also guessing the points benchmark will seesaw again, going up and then going down again.

Edited by Nelline
  • Like 1

Raquel

Noooooo Nelline!!!! Don't say that! :(

Nelline

I hope I'm wrong Raquel!

Nelline

Express Entry quick facts, from January 1 to April 11 (All dates are for 2015)

• Launch date: January 1
  • First draw from the pool: January 31
  • Most recent draw from the pool: April 10
  • Minimum CRS points required for selection in any one draw: 453 (March 27 draw)
  • Largest number of invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 1,637 (March 27 draw)
  • Fewest invitations to apply issued in any one draw: 779 (January 1 and February 7 draws)
  • Largest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 254 (from February 27 to March 20 draws)
  • Smallest decrease in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 10 (from February 7 to February 20 draws)
  • Largest increase in CRS points required between two consecutive draws: 16 (from March 27 to April 10 draws)
  • Longest gap between two consecutive draws: 21 days (from February 27 to March 20 draws)
  • Shortest gap between two consecutive draws: 7 days (on three occasions)
  • Total number of invitations to apply issued: 6,851

- See more at: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/04/seventh-express-entry-draw-cic-continues-select-candidates-job-offers-045020.html#sthash.sfQ7e8lW.dpuf

• Like 1

Nelline

Therefore, the longest gap between two draws is now the gap between the April 20th draw and whenever the next draw happens...

Raquel

Yup - very frustrating time for us waiting! :cry:

• Like 2

Amberdrake

I am hoping the CRS point requirement drops. I have yet to complete test and wes due to some financial constraints atm ( paying off the wedding & studing part time) and by my estimations ill have somwhere between 350-438 points. This is still 20 odd points below lowest draw. Thus we are having wife do wes to boost score and will be working hard practicing for ielts before taking test.

Raquel

I am hoping the CRS point requirement drops. I have yet to complete test and wes due to some financial constraints atm ( paying off the wedding & studing part time) and by my estimations ill have somwhere between 350-438 points. This is still 20 odd points below lowest draw. Thus we are having wife do wes to boost score and will be working hard practicing for ielts before taking test.

Just keep chipping at it one chip at a time! It will come...

Odendaal

Thanks Nelline!

warney

Crikey...maybe i'm a fool that doesn't have a clue, but this application just keeps throwing curve balls...

We submitted our EE profile late last night...after checking through it 5 or more times just to be sure...only to find out that I am ineligible to apply through all of the EE streams.

Based on your profile, you do not meet the minimum eligibility criteria for any of these programs.

Reasons you would not be eligible for Express Entry include:

• language test results that are more than two years old (IELTS issued on 22 Jan 2015)

• a language test score that is too low (Overall score of 8 with my lowest score being 7.5 for listening...men just aren't good listeners!)

• not having enough relevant work experience (7 Years work experience in NOC 2225 which is a Skill Level B on the NOC 2011 Matrix)

• not having the required education level (WES ECA approved 3 year College or University equivalent degree or diploma in the above mentioned NOC - issued in March 2015)

• not having enough funds (for a family of 4 CA$22 170 required...we only stated CA$10 000...since i was informed that it was not necessary if i had a valid job offer and a positive LMIA)

My offer of employment is for a full time, non seasonal 2 year period (44 hrs/week) and a positive LMIA has been issued. So the only conclusion that i could come to is that we have insufficient funds to apply through this stream.

What i cant understand is that the CIC clearly states that should i have a valid offer of full time employment and a positive LMIA then i do not need to provide proof of funds...so what gives?

As mentioned before, we have the option of selling our house and possibly acquire an additional $40k+, but i don't really want to sell at this stage. Our tenants are basically paying off our bond here in SA...so i would be a fool to sell (open to any input). If only we could get a letter from the bank stating how much is still owed on the mortgage of our house? Has anyone ever done this before? (without having to sell of course).

I do intend applying for a WP...but i'm waiting for my letter of expungement and a clear PCC (had a little run-in with the law in 2002). I was hoping that we could at least get our EE profile into the pool for now.

Please correct me if my thinking is wrong...I'm running out of answers...

I was on CIC into the earlier hours of the morning researching...but i'm stumped. I also had to create a new EE profile because it wont allow me to update changes on my current profile? I haven't submitted the new profile yet.

Edited by warney

W-T

Hi Warney,

Based on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You need authorisation to work and a valid job offer to skip the funds requirement.

I would say state that you have the minimum required funds. Theoretical you could increase the bond on your house to cover the $12,170 shortfall if needed?

You don't need the funds available right now - it is only needed once immigration is reviewing your case.

Have a look at this link for more info:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-funds-requirements-explained-t45043.0.html

• Like 1

Warney, there was a similar case by one of the members on here recently. In her case it was indeed the proof of funds which was causing the not eligible problem. Once she changed the amount to an amount higher than what was required, her EE profile was accepted.

Whilst I hear your case that you are exempt from the proof of funds requirement, I have a very strong suspicion that this is indeed causing your problem. But then again, I am not an EE applicant and could be completely wrong here....

Link to the previous instance of this query here

http://www.sacanada.org/topic/19232-express-entry-and-a-degree-in-engineering/?fromsearch=1

Edited by WernerC

MaryJane

As mentioned before, we have the option of selling our house and possibly acquire an additional $40k+, but i don't really want to sell at this stage. Our tenants are basically paying off our bond here in SA...so i would be a fool to sell (open to any input). If only we could get a letter from the bank stating how much is still owed on the mortgage of our house? Has anyone ever done this before? (without having to sell of course).

Hi Warney

To answer one of your questions, yes, you should be able to. I'm not sure if all banks do this but FNB gave me a letter and I used it as part of proof of settlement funds. I just need to go find it in my archives.

I'll try and get back and add to this once I find it.

• Like 1

M-N

Hi warney. This happened to me. Increase your proof of funds to what you'll be able to prove through the bank records or financial profile. See if that works.

Edited by M-N
  • Like 1

Nelline

Warney I am 100% sure the funds required is what the issue is - we had the same problem when I tried to submit the profile and my husband is currently working in Canada with a valid WP and positive LMIA.

I stated we had the correct amount of funds on the profile and when I submitted the application after the ITA, I uploaded a copy of his work permit and positive LMIA on the section "proof of funds" since the requirement to prove funds is negated when you have a valid WP etc. The proof of funds is only to enable people to live without employment at the start - I believe this "issue" is another of CIC's little foibles which they need to address at one point.

State that you have the required funds and see what happens.

• Like 1